UA-38832503-1 Jump to content

Can anyone tell me why all the in-game objects are in a red circle with an X drawn through it? It seems that I can't recolour any in-game object as none of them are available to me. Do I need to un-install SimPE and then re-install it?

you need to go in and manually add in direct links to each expansion pack.  Go to extras, preferences, and system check, and see what it tells you. 

Also at same place, check your file table, and make sure each expansion pack/stuff pack has a check mark.

No, I meant to try what gayars told me to try and then Jake and I went for a nap. We woke up at 11:30pm  :o  I can't believe we both slept that long. He didn't even try and wake me up and also didn't have an accident, so we both must have been exhausted.

Now this morning both of us are sneezing and coughing and we are both grouchy. :slapLaugh:

It's a wee, wee bit funny. I say something, he snorts. I grump at him and he snorts.

I think that makes us a good team.....  :Whistle:

You must do what I do now... When you are tired, take a nap and let your creativeness refuel. :icon_hug:

I'm pretty sure we both have a humdinger of a cold. I can take something to relieve the sinus pressure, Jake can't.

Anyway, gayars, I did that and it didn't change anything. I am going to uninstall it and re-install it to see if that solves the problem. I'm wondering if because I haven't used it since I started clothing if that had anything to do with it.

So I tried everything and then uninstalled and re-installed it and the same thing keeps happening.

Well almost, I clicked on a sofa that was red-X'd out and was able to export the texture files.

I was just too tired to try a recolour to see if it worked. Jake and I have done nothing today except laze around. It's only 8pm and I kinda want to go to bed. :slapLaugh:

I know that you know that rest is imperative to get well. :Empathy:

Hey sleep! I know there are times you can't so do it while you can! Sleep is important to get well like Nonni said :)

I get a bit frustrated when I have no energy and don't get something done and when I nap, I dream recolouring Sims stuff. When I did play the game I dreamed in *Simlish*

That used to drive me right round the bend.

I am still having a weird issue with SimPE....I'll get it figured out one way or another.

I have too many projects to do and no time for SimPE to not co-operate!

I remember Beck once had a problem like that ... I'm going to see if I can find where (and if) she talked about it here on Affinity ...

It keeps getting weirder, I can now click on the red x, select recolour, then start and the x'd out object shows up to be recoloured. I'm now wondering if it has anything to do with the store objects I got from somewhere and have in the game.

Sorry I can't find anything in her posts yet  :embarrassed:  :oops:

You said it didn't help when you downloaded and reinstall Simpe again?

GAH! It's being funky again. I have add-ons for the GL Luxury set and I wanted to do a recolour of the entire set. None of Maxis GL sets show properly. I get the correct picture when I click on the item, but the wrong file for recolouring.

Are You by chance using the Ultimate Collection EA gave out awhile back? If so that could be Your issue. If You're willing to fiddle around with SimPe You get it to work with the Ultimate Collection. I made a fix for SimPe for Ultimate Collection which You can find Here.

I never even downloaded it. :grin: I still use the discs, but have a no-cd crack. But thanks Aaroneous for your help.

It's still not letting me export the luxury base game objects for the bedroom so I can recolour them, AND now for some unknown reason I cannot play the game in windowed mode. I add the * -w * and I get an error message.

Oh I forgot to ask, since we seem to be up and working and things appear to be stable, can we upload stuff again?

50 minutes ago, Mission Mouse said:

Oh I forgot to ask, since we seem to be up and working and things appear to be stable, can we upload stuff again?

Yes, MM, you may upload :) Looking forward to see what you have for us! 

Not sure yet, I am so disorganized since I transferred so much stuff to my new external hard drive.

I have SIP's Living room 6, and then discovered that the couch has pillows. I rather like when that happens, so I went on a search for images to put on

pillows. I like to find embroidered images and use them on pillows. But I also played around with the exported pillow images because a patterned

fabric looks awful with different patterns as the pillows. (unless you can get something close to the pattern main colour)

And I am working on recolouring the cabinet and coffee table and mirror. I'm not very partial to that distressed wood so I am trying to get those things redone with cherry wood.

But now I can't play in windowed mode, so how do I take pictures? I know you can take pictures with the in-game camera but they look awful.