UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

I would get the red x's when I hadn't gone in game to view those items, so they were not in my cache.  Are you still having issues with this?

That's really annoying! I wonder why you cant play in window mode :(

I Googled the problem and found this advice:  "Right click on the Sims 2 and click properties. Then go to the compatibility tab and check the box named 'compatibility mode' then set the drop down menu under it to Windows XP (service pack 3). "

I checked the compatibility mode of my game and it's set to Windows Vista. I have no idea why, but at the moment my game is working fine.

To take pictures I use the snipping tool. The pictures are much better than the in-game camera pictures.

Oh thanks Rebecah, I hadn't even thought of that.  :Thank_you:

Alet, I am running Windows7 Professional on this computer, not sure if that makes any kind of a problem. I will go and give your solution a try and let you know how it works.   :Thank_you:

OK tried that Alet and this is what I get

*The name "C;\Progrqm Files _x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSBin\Sims2EP9.exe"-w' specified in the Target box is not valid. Make sure the path and file name are correct.

I must be having a :1doh1: kind of day. I put a space after the " and then added the -w and I am now in windowed mode for the game.  :ExcitedSmiley:

When you view the items for sale in the various catalogs it creates a cache and simpe uses that cache to display the images.

I still get this very strange image for the luxury bed. I'll figure it out eventually. It's 1am and I finally found the folder where I moved my completed but not yet uploaded projects. I have to go to bed now, and tomorrow we are going to Dave's dad for Father's Day.

So hopefully at the beginning of the week I will get some things uploaded. I've been all over the internet hunting down patterns and images that I can  use for recolouring things in the game.

I hope you and Dave enjoy your day tomorrow with his dad.  That is wonderful that you found your files.  I look forward to you uploading and hopefully is will all workout, but if not please be sure to let me know.  

It was strange, I even put the luxury bed in a house but still got this wonky image for it. Finally I put in Gayar's recolour and got the proper image to show up.

The thing is, I also have this complete set of add-ons for that theme and once I looked at how many things there were I decided to set it aside for a while. It's pretty much the only Maxis bed I'll use, all the other beds I use are CC.

You can also hit the ctrl button and right click on a thumbnail if the image is weird and it SHOULD correct. Thumbnails get corrupted sometimes. 

It's working now....completely forgot about the cache thing. The one thing that has always given me a problem oddly enough is bedding. I can make maybe 5 recolours and then I get an error report and I had to exit SimPE and start over. That has always bugged me and then I had a brain wave. I put a bedding file already finished in a folder, and I use that one and just rebuild that one over and over with the new ones. So far, it's worked perfectly, no more errors. I sure hope I didn't just jinx myself by saying this.

That is weird! But then, I never have made so many bed recolours. I again have the shadows problem :) And I still can't get a new GUID. I'm seriously contemplating to format and get Win 7 again

Alet, have you tried using a different copy of simpe?  I have a few setup of the different versions on my hard drive.

3 hours ago, Rebecah said:

Alet, have you tried using a different copy of simpe?  I have a few setup of the different versions on my hard drive.

No Beck, I haven't!  I always download from http://sims.ambertation.de/en/, the official SimPe site. I'm using the SimPe 0.73.44 QA version. Is there a better version?

That sounds kind of like how I do clothes in body shop MM I get a set up and just keep doing new ones off of the same set up. I also save really successful set ups as PSP/PSD files because it saves layers an then create off of that.

Alet i just got into the site and can request another block. http://sims.ambertation.de/en/guiddb/

you can also register a new object there to get a new guid. I usually do it through Simpe itself, but thought it might be easier in your case to go straight to the website to do it. 

That's the version I use Alet.  I would download another copy and place it in a new folder then run the simpe.exe file.  I'm just thinking something is wrong with one of your files.