UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
gayars

Toddler toy poll

Ok I am nearing completion of my toddler toy.  However, I have two pertinent questions for you all?

1.  Right now, it has animation, I am nearing completion of the sound, and really close to nearing the end of the programming.  However, I had intended on adding the talking skill to it, and then after that it would switch to charisma. But so far in my informal poll I have had two people veto that idea and request a charisma only toy. I need to know which way to go.

2. What on earth do I call it? It was originally intended to be a mirror. It however has now switched to a musical windup toddler toy tv type thingie.  You know, those old fashioned ones that would play a scene over and over when you wound it up and played music with it. They usually looked like a radio or tv for kids. Therefore toddler mirror no longer applies :D  It btw does indeed have an animated scene that plays over and over.

Here is a gratuitous picture of it in its current incarnation.

post-13442-0-77835800-1463633387.jpg

I had intended on adding the talking skill to it

Do you mean this will help the kid to learn to talk?  How very cool! I would like it! Can you make it so that this toy fill half of the talking skill bar and then the parents can do the rest? (Or visa versa) Adding Charisma skill would be great to and maybe satisfy the social need?

I am so greedy!  :grin:

Well right now it fills social and fun and has charisma skill tied to it. I was going to originally tie talking skill to it (incrementally like any other skill, not instantly) then if talking was learned it would switch to charisma. However in my very informal poll people wanted them separate so I wasn't sure what to do. If there is enough interest in the talking, I might make a separate one for just talking, same general mesh but finish the mirror idea. No music or animated screen, just mirror. Maybe add a coin flip between peek a boo with mirror and nursery rhyme, raise social and fun on it too. If it is incremental, then you just stop them playing before all the way learned or I could set a limit as to how far it teaches maybe? Not sure if that can be done. Still learning lol.

Do you mean this will help the kid to learn to talk?  How very cool! I would like it! Can you make it so that this toy fill half of the talking skill bar and then the parents can do the rest? (Or visa versa) Adding Charisma skill would be great to and maybe satisfy the social need?

I am so greedy!  :grin:

I, also, love the idea that the toy could teach toddlers to talk and raise the social motive. The second/first version could raise charisma skill and add fun/social. There could also be one toy with a menu of options. (Oh, I see you have already thought of that.)

:oops:   I just realized I have been reading this as *Toddler Toy PULL*  :1doh1:

:ROLF::slapLaugh::ROLF::slapLaugh: and I kept wondering why the words got mixed up.... :blush:

It is ok, lol. I  have had one of those days all day long... One reason why, other than take a nap at the computer, I haven't really done much at the computer tonight.

I was ALMOST done with this when my income tax return came in, and I put it aside until house renovations were done. Well, guess what I finished tonight?

I still don't know what to call it tho. It is so cute tho! :) 

It teaches charisma and the toddler talks to it while it plays cartoons and plays London Bridge. Like those toy wind up tvs kids play with. 

So 2 questions. Do I save it to upload for Christmas, or upload before then, and what do I call it? 

I think what they are called in real life is 'wind up musical TVs' so perhaps name it something like that? Is your TV a new mesh or a recolour of Sofals?

This makes me wonder, has anyone yet made one of those old rotary phone toys we had as tots in the 90s and prior? I remember those being at the doctors waiting room. :008:

No mine is entirely a new mesh. I didn't even  know hers existed until after I finished mine tonight. I was looking up something else of hers and happened to find it. Mine started life as a toddler mirror and wound up a tv lol.

I was actually wondering tonight if there was an animation toddlers could use for phones myself  tonight because I was looking at toddler toys online but I can't think of any. It got me to thinking tho about the bottle stealing animation and whether it could be used as a pull toy.

I haven't actually played TS2 with toddlers for quite a while, but isn't there an animation (I think it's used with the xylophone) where they just whack the toy randomly? :cheesy: That could be sufficient for a toy phone possibly.

7 hours ago, KittenOnACloud said:

I haven't actually played TS2 with toddlers for quite a while, but isn't there an animation (I think it's used with the xylophone) where they just whack the toy randomly? :cheesy: That could be sufficient for a toy phone possibly.

:ROLF: Now that's an awesome idea, Whack-A-Mole toy for toddlers. If there was one for adults, then it would have to have Mrs Crumblebottoms, instead of moles popping up. :ROLF: I just kill myself in the mornings when I think I am so funny.

There is actually a 3 to 2 conversion  of one but I it might be deco but hey I could try.... :D it could raise fun, and body skill and reduce furiousness :D

Wow you guys are so full of wonderful ideas! It's amazing :)

Gina if you have lots of possible Christmas uploads you can upload this little TV now. I certainly can't wait to see it in game (I know I'm selfish!) and I'll certainly love it for my kiddies also flowers-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ok  I am making recolors at the moment, but may very well do the child enabled thing. They lack toys as well, and don't have any charisma building ones. I like the autonomy thing for children :)