UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

It is a bit confusing, images of what I'm talking about would be a lot better.  

Alet could you try this rug that I found thanks to Mission Mouse and the set she is working on.  It is a rug mesh by SIP and is done properly.

rugsip.jpg

sip-living4-rug.zip

Thank you, Beck!

This is what I get in game:

A near shot:

Near.JPG

Zoomed out:

ZoomedOut.JPG

My rug disappear when zooming out, while the SIP rug still shows, but both have the "shadow"  All the custom rugs show that shadow EXCEPT recolours of Echo's rug.

Nengi's and HL's are even worse.They show up only when zoomed in very near:

Other.JPG

This one is Kativip's rug:

Kativiv.JPG

Wow, so it could be these setting just don't work for you.  I trying to think of another item that works like this, but I can't think of one.  

It's really baffling! I'm so glad all work inside the building, which is actually where they are supposed to be and I will use them. I can also live with the cheat. So I think I'm going to let this one rest - even thought it's a mystery unsolved. :)

Thank you for trying so hard to help me, Beck!

Another thing to consider is that your video card is probably more powerful than the game had intended.  I wonder if you lowered your detail settings.

details.jpg

But what I was saying is could you try to change your settings to not be on high for at least the detail settings, and just see if that makes a difference.

You think there could be something in your graphics rules that could be changed to correct it?

I'm so sorry I couldn't figure out what is causing this.  I'm still trying to think of another item that using these same settings.  Does a swingset show strange shadows?

Apparently outdoor shadows work totally different than other shadows. Outdoor shadows are game generated according to what time of the day it is. I couldn't find any other objects doing this weird shadow thing though; only the custom rugs. The swing set's shadow looks normal in my game.

Would Alet's problem be anything like the one I had with clothing having that weird black shadow under their feet?

Plus in Rebecah's game she has the shadows set to medium and Alet's game has the shadows off.

I remember that a windows update was what messed with that in my game and Arreouous(sp) sorry, told me to go into the game and select medium, in that shadows section, and my game was fixed then.

I've never seen that, MM :o I have to play with shadows off otherwise my sims walk around on black rectangle shadows, even with the shadow fix mod in the game.

Yes, setting it to medium is better than turning it off.  You did try that didn't you Alet?

I just wanted to be sure, thanks Alet.  This still boggles my mind.

2 minutes ago, Rebecah said:

This still boggles my mind.

Mine too! I I ever found a solution, I'll let you all know immediately :)

Thanks!  I just wonder if you made a clean game and no cache files if that would fix it.  I mean could it have anything to do with the cache files and all those different rugs, not being done properly?

I have the latest Windows 10 insider preview and I don't have this issue...well that's not quite true.  I have it when I have the shadows set a high, but not at the medium setting.