UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

I have 8.1 (I downgraded back down after 3 or 4 hours lol) however I also have a nvidia 970 and don't have that problem HOWEVER I ran the graphics rules maker to take care of the black box shadow. 

46 minutes ago, gayars said:

I have 8.1 (I downgraded back down after 3 or 4 hours lol) however I also have a nvidia 970 and don't have that problem HOWEVER I ran the graphics rules maker to take care of the black box shadow. 

I don't have that rule maker. Where do you find it and what is it doing?

The thing is I don't think my problem is really shadows, the form of the original rug is still showing :(

What is the graphics rules maker?  I googled it and I think I may have used that program a long time ago.  

On 7/9/2016 at 4:21 PM, Rebecah said:

I mean could it have anything to do with the cache files and all those different rugs, not being done properly?

I really do not know Beck

I think this is what we had to do when Marbi was having issues.  I believe there is more to this and you would need to add your video card info to the ea graphic files.

Alet, if you do decide to try this program be sure to make a backup of your Graphics Rules.sgr and your Video Cards.sgr files.  I don't have the same video card and it made my game go to a very small window size.  Fortunately I had a backup.

Yes make a backup of the graphics cards thing. I believe you have to do the config version and then copy the graphics over to csconfig (for body shop).

17 hours ago, Rebecah said:

Alet, if you do decide to try this program be sure to make a backup of your Graphics Rules.sgr and your Video Cards.sgr files.  I don't have the same video card and it made my game go to a very small window size.  Fortunately I had a backup.

18 hours ago, Rebecah said:

Alet I do recommend you install this

Okay I installed the Graphic ruler and it worked :) The shadows were gone. But then I was stuck with that ridiculous small window :(

So I replace the video cards.sgr files with the one I made a backup off as you both had recommended me to do :)  

And the rug shadows are back!

Thank you again, all of you for trying to help me :)

Alet there SHOULD be a setting after you run the graphics rules maker so that you can choose size of display :) if you still have the copy, and want to send it to me, I am pretty good at graphics rules (I actually help people do both Sims 2 and 3 versions a lot :))for that matter I might be able to just fix your original if you want to send me a copy of it too!

Sorry, Gina, I think I didn't  explain it clearly. 

In the 800 x 600 window the shadows were gone :)

But when I changed it back to the large window, 1280 x 720, the shadows were back. I tested the other resolutions too. Only the small one doesn't have the shadows.

What info do you need?

I will need to know what the system actually calls your graphics card so I can put it into the graphics rules and how much memory your card has :)

Gina, I did put the graphics card in the Rules :)

Is this the info you want?

Video Card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 660

Memory:  8.00GB

Memory.JPG

Graphics card memory :) is it a 1 GB card, a 2 GB card, a 4 GB card? I will look at mine and see if I can figure out the setting that needs changed exactly.

I wonder if she sent a copy of the new graphic rules that the program created along with a copy of her backup copies...well I think I could compare them and figure out a way to fix this.  I would guess her video memory is 1GB gina, that's pretty much the typical memory.  

Or Alet could rerun the graphic rules program then edit the Graphics Rules.sgr file and make these changes to about line 777.

option ScreenModeResolution
   setting $Low
      uintProp maxResWidth      1920
      uintProp maxResHeight     1980
      uintProp defaultResWidth  1280
      uintProp defaultResHeight 1024

setting $MediumButDefaultLow
      uintProp defaultResWidth  1920
      uintProp defaultResHeight 1980

setting $Medium

setting $High
end

1 hour ago, Rebecah said:

I would guess her video memory is 1GB gina, that's pretty much the typical memory.  

Yes, Beck, it's 1 GB

2 hours ago, Rebecah said:

Or Alet could rerun the graphic rules program then edit the Graphics Rules.sgr file and make these changes to about line 777.

Beck, I already did that. That's what I did to get the  1280 x 720  window

This is so technical and that stuff scares me to bits. I am never upgrading beyond windows 7 for the game. I would seriously be in tears at this point, probably shaking the house down too.

Oh Beck and Gina, I appreciate it so much that you are trying to help me! I think it must be more frustrating to you than to me :)  How can I thank you both? 

Yes, MM the technical stuff scares me too; but I've learned a lot of new stuff from Beck's and Gina's suggestions and me researching them. What puzzles me very much is why does that shadows show up only in my game? I must have some setting wrong, I guess. I just don't know where to look and am afraid to change things I do not know anything about.

But I'm totally satisfied to play with the cheat on, when needed. 

Well as long as you are happy with the cheat then I am going to be happy too:) I am just the type to be ocd and work with that stuff til I figure it out so don't mind me lol. 

7 hours ago, gayars said:

I am just the type to be ocd and work with that stuff til I figure it out so don't mind me lol. 

LOL you're welcome to figure it out till you get the solution, Gina! :P