UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

This whole week I'm trying to register a new GUID, but constantly get this Error:

Error.JPG

The problem is definitely not my internet. I am connected and can upload and download, and navigate other sites.

Help, please! 

I just tried and I didn't get any error.  How many do you need?  This is my next number that you may use 0x00887308.  I won't use it.

You may use these too then, 0x00887309 0x0088730A.  I will register them as used.

And you are very welcome Alet!

If you have some of these, where do you find them? Simon made me get a batch and I will never use them, so if I know where to look for mine, I'll share them.

MM, in SimPe / Object Data (OBJD) :

Guid.JPG

A window opens with your info on, if you are registered. If not, you can register as a new user.

I can't seem to find where I suggested downloading another copy of simpe.  Did you happen to try that Alet?

Ok Alet, I will look and see what I can find and then send them to you in a PM.

So....I went in and found it, but mine must have expired or something because it says I need to register. Or maybe I gave them to Simon....sorry.

Today I customized 2 buffets for my game and I got the same error when getting new guids for the buffet meshes I've used. I just clicked OK and waited for a few seconds and it worked for me. There is a link on this page to download Simpe http://sims.ambertation.de/en/ 

Thank you all so much for trying to help! I appreciate it so very much! You all are the best!

I got the GUID problem solved at last. I updated my browser :blush: ! I use chrome and after the update I had no problem with the GUID any more.

Alet if I have my shadow setting to high this is what I get:

Image1.jpg

If I set my setting to medium it is gone:

Image2.jpg

Yes Beck, that I have too, so I mine on Shadows off. But this shadow problem of mine I only have with custom rugs:rug1.JPG

Oh I see, even with your shadows turned off?  I will have to check my rugs and get back to you on this one.  Getting very tired now.

After hours of Googling and searching through posts on sim sites I found this post at MTS.

I made the weird discovery that only some rugs when you put them outside get that shadow, while other custom rugs don't. Put them inside the building no shadows! I have no idea why this is happening. I've compared my recolours with the shadow problem, with other rugs in SimPe; as well as with my recolours that don't have the problem and couldn't find anything that could give me the answer to the problem. I'm baffled.

Outside:

Outside.JPG

Inside:

Inside.JPG

If you could send them to me in a pm, Alet, I will test and see if I have the same issue in my game with the rugs. I have a nvidia card too (I think you said you have a nvidia if my memory serves).  It would be nice to know if it is just YOUR game, or certain kinds of cards or what!