• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
Rebecah

How to add a Slot

5 posts in this topic

Warning: be sure to backup your file, the cres section can break your package.

Select the cres section of your package, then select the tab Edit Blocks, and use the drop down menu to find cObjectGraphMode (note: it is the only option with lots of 0's after it.) :) 

Image1.jpg

Select it and the click the Add button, then be sure to click the commit button.  Note the line number of your new node (mine is 0x07)

Image2.jpg

Now click the CRES Heirarchie tab, I would add the new slot to 0x4 Pratcticale babytable so click on that.  Then click the cObjectGraphNode tab.
Image3.jpg

We want to add our new node under child node so click on the line and then click add then change the child index to the line number you took note of mine is 0x07).  Click commit!

Image6.jpg

Now click anywhere else in your package and open a section.  This will refresh the cres area.  Go back to the cres area and click the CRES Heirarchie tab.  You should see your new node.  Click on it.  

Image4.jpg

This is where you will set your XYZ settings for the placement of your object.  Click the cObjectGraphNode tab.

Image5.jpg

We need to name our slot, empty the box under filename and replace it with slot_0, or whatever you want to call yours.  Be sure to commit your changes.

Image7.jpg

Now we need to add this exact same name to our Bone file in the txt area.  Commit your changes and save your file.  Note:  the line number is 0x001.

Image8.jpg

Now go to the SLOT section of your package.  We need to add our new slot to this area and tell it which type of slot we want to use.

Image9.jpg

The last line is the line I added as a container type 13, I do not know what all these numbers stand for except that 13 allows for multiple items to be placed in one spot and the last 2 are for the location of your bone in the bone file which was 1 and the last number is just a sequence number of how many lines you have.  I see line 2 is missing and I do not know why.

Image10.jpg

Now let's go do the hard part, (at least for me it is) go back to your cres section and find your new slot.  You can find it by using the drop-down list, called block list:  It should be the last one in the list.  Select it to open up the section where we will enter our XYZ settings.  Z setting is the up and down setting, X is from right to left, and Y if front to back.

Image11.jpg

My first guess is z1.5, x -.5 and y .5

Image12.jpg

As you can see that setting was way off.  You have to just use trial and error to get to the right settings.  The rabbit is off to the right and too far forward.

Image13.jpg

Note each time you change the cres setting you must delete the item on your lot and replace it with a new copy.  The cres only updates when you purchase a new item.

Good luck, but at least the slot worked! :)

3 people like this

You are very welcome!  These settings got my rabbit pretty close to where I wanted him.

Image14.jpgImage15.jpg

3 people like this

That helps! I don't completely understand the logic of how to calculate the numbers. It is the most confusing part to me. Well several parts are hair pulling worthy lol. I will get it tho :) I am like a bulldog with a bone :)

3 people like this

Thank you for this tutorial, Beck!

3 people like this