UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Rebecah

Nonni

I just read.  I cannot say I knew Nonni beyond a few brief conversations and what I have seen of her posts to others here, but she seemed to be a very sweet person. 

To those of you who were so close with her, I offer my sincere condolences.  May you find peace in your hearts as you come to grips with your loss.

Lisa CH

She fought the good fight, she have finished the race, she kept the faith. (2 Timothy 4:7)

I miss her deeply  candle.gif

She touched so many lives in such a positive way.  I will alway miss her, and I love her so much.  She was a true Angel in my life.

what i can say about nonni is that she will be miss but her spirit lives on in all of us and i am posting this song in detecation to nonni who was a very good friend as well as simmer mary did you know by pentatonix

Hello everyone!  I just received word of the loss of our friend, Nonni.  Words can not express the sadness I am feeling right now.  Nonni was always so extremely kind to me, as she was to everyone.  She always had kind words of encouragement for me.  :Empathy:  I always looked forward to seeing her online and enjoyed our chats.  I will miss her terribly.  Many prayers for her family and friends who loved her dearly.  It amazes me how we are all bonded even though we have never met in person. "The power and love of God brings us together, and when we lose someone it's just as hard as it would be if we had meant in person".  R.I.P.  Dear Sweet Nonni.  I love you so much and will miss you deeply.  :(

40 minutes ago, BBdoll3 said:

It amazes me how we are all bonded even though we have never met in person. "The power and love of God brings us together, and when we lose someone it's just as hard as it would be if we had meant in person".  R.I.P.  Dear Sweet Nonni.  I love you so much and will miss you deeply.  :(

That's so very true, BB. Nonni was an encourager and was the kind of person that brought out the best in others. She was a true inspiration to every person whose lives she touched and was a blessing to many. Prayers that Nonni's family will feel the Lord's loving presence and peace, and may the Lord minister to all of Nonni's family's needs during this most difficult time. Heaven truly has gained an angel...

rsdtyug_zps05mu6p9z.png

Nonni was always very sweet and helpful to me. We used to have long conversations on Skype, discussing life and Sims.  We would take turns listening to each other, and make plans for future Sims content.  She was a very dear friend, and I miss her very much. 

Nonni has left a footprint in my heart and I will cherish her memory forever. I will miss her words of encouragement, she seemed to sense when I was struggling with something I was working on and she'd send me the funniest PM's. I think of her now in the Choir of Angels, singing joyfully. If we listen carefully we may even hear her.

Nonni always called me her soul sister and I really felt she was like a sister to me, actually better than a sister almost like a mother.  She was my very best friend and did more for me than anyone has ever done.  She was my inspiration and often encouraged me to do things I didn't know how to do, but she had faith in me.  No one ever made me feel so loved and needed as she did.  I was devastated to hear she had passed away and could hardly function for a few days.  I loved her so much and will cherish our friendship forever.  I was so blessed to have Nonni in my life.  She was a very loving and caring person and seemed to always know when I needed her most.  I love you dear sweet Nonni and I miss you so very very much!

Nonni was the kindest, sweetest and most caring person I've ever met online (and I very much doubt I've met anyone IRL to surpass her). Whenever I uploaded something to my site, no matter how small, she'd always be the first to comment, always positive and encouraging, very often funny. And every once in a while she'd check in on me by email to see how I was doing (always calling me by my real name, never by my screen name), because she knew I have some medical issues and was concerned about my well-being. This even though she was dealing with plenty of medical issues herself, much more severe than mine. Most people these days would have put their own issues first, before they worried about others - but not Nonni. That wasn't who she was.

I never met or even spoke to her IRL, but she was someone I considered a friend, and I think/hope she considered me one, too. And she leaves behind a big, gaping hole in my heart that can never be filled. I don't want it to be filled. That spot belongs to Nonni.

Rest in peace, my dear friend. I know Christ our Lord has welcomed you into His Heaven with open arms, but this world below is so much poorer and colder without you in it.

I agree Nix, she would often comment on my uploads too. It was as though she wanted to make anyone and everyone involved in TS2 feel appreciated, no matter how big or small their contribution was. I certainly always appreciated that.

Praying for all those close to Nonni as well as Nonni herself, to find the comfort they need right now. Remember that she is now in the best possible hands; the Lords himself. x

To Alet: If it is OK, this is what I would like to put in the memorybook for Nonni. I don't know if you are going to put my name there, but if so, you can use my RL name, maybe that is more appropriately.

Even though we never met in real life, Nonni meant a lot to me. She supported and encouraged me in many ways. I often received greetings from her where she wished good health to me and my family. Nonni will always have a place in my heart as I felt I had in her. I miss her so much.

I’ve lost a very dear friend and prayer partner. I am heartbroken. It’s so difficult to write this, for how can I put my beloved Nonni in words?

I will never forget Nonni’s prayers. She would pray for family, friends and acquaintances by name. She always prayed for every active member on Affinity. She always prayed that Affinity would be a beacon for Christ and that every visitor to Affinity will feel the love of Jesus and be blessed by their visit.

I will always remember Nonni’s contagious laugh. She was so full of joy despite anxiety and pain. She had such a wonderful sense of humour! She was always humming or singing while working or playing. Oh, and she loved to tell stories about the sims she created. Every one was part of an intriguing story.

We are sisters in Christ. I am grieving, but not without hope, because one day we will meet again – and we will worship together in the presence of our Lord.

Thank you, everyone for participating in Nonni's Memory Book.  This thread will  be open for as long as necessary.

Thank you, Marbi, I'll add your name :)

@Alet, you may use my real name, too (Johanna). Like I said in my post above, Nonni always called me by my real name, she never called me Nix, so it feels only appropriate to go by my real name in her memory book.

Red Sonja was a comic book "Warrior Princess"...  but Nonni always called me Lisa or "Red"...  My last conversation with her was a couple of weeks ago.  I was comparing this site to a group of ladies getting together to share favorite recipes and asked if we should be forming our own chapter of "Red Hat Ladies".... She was all for it if she could have red shoes as well....

... Dear Nonni... someday, we will dance together through the Halls of Heaven wearing purple dresses....red hats... and ruby slippers....

:love:

For Nonni's scrapbook:

My life has been forever touched by Nonni's kindness and friendship and I was blessed to have known her, even if it was only online. She always lent a compassionate "ear" to my woes and prayed for me during my illnesses and the devastating loss of my mother and brother and she was one of the very few that could make me laugh and even smile during my toughest times. Nonni was an encourager and was the kind of person that brought out the best in others; she was a true inspiration to every person whose lives she touched and was a blessing to many. She was a true friend and blessed Sister in Christ and I loved and admired her greatly. If we could only see Nonni where she is right now, we would be so happy! Heaven truly has gained an angel; we will never forget our beautiful friend...

Rest in Peace, sweet Nonni.    63099710.gif

Oh my goodness! I just heard the news from Broomhilda!

I will truly miss her!  She was the same age as my mother!   Whenever I had a bad day or just wasn't feeling she always made me smile again.  

She will be missed.  :(:0009::angel::angel:

I've felt for a while that I'd like to make something in TS2 for Nonni, in her memory. Something she would have liked if still with us. Does anyone know of anything in particular that she wanted?

Kitten, Nonni loved the toddlers in the game. She would have liked any toddler related items, especially toys for toddlers.