UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Another Teaser...hehe

Wood for Sims made a what I would call retro style living room and called it *Nostalgia*

I am attempting to recolour it, but the TV and radio are making me way more than nervous. I've made 5 tabletops for the 2 end tables and the coffee table.

C.jpg

B.jpg

A.jpg

D.jpg

I love that light blue, it's so pretty!  Are there curtains in the set?  I really need to write up the issue with curtains.  It's an easy fix.

Go to the GlobalData option and check to see if it says urtainGlobals instead of CurtainGlobals.  If it does which it most likely will please change it to CurtainGlobals.  Simpe does not correctly clone curtains, it does, however, clone the diagonal versions correctly.

Curtain.jpg

When it's not done properly it causes the controller section (Object Data)  to not call the proper BHAV's, which degrades people's games with all the errors it generates.

There now I've explained it...finally. :)  I hope you find this helpful.

Curtain2.jpg

:ExcitedSmiley:  :Thank_you: for the explanation. There are curtains with the set and I will check to see if they are right.

And after thinking the TV and radio would be next to impossible....

1.jpg

Good for you Miss Mouse! :) Curtains also have an empty pie menu that is unnecessary but does not actually hurt anything.  I'm really surprised the global was correct. 

I now fix the integrity on everything before I even extract the texture file. That way I know it's done and I don't forget and upload something that might be faulty.

The most time consuming item actually turned out to be the rocking chair. I think there is also a bedroom set that goes with this set but that's an awful lot of wood recolouring and that isn't actually my favourite thing to do.

As for the curtains being correct, well maybe the original one wasn't, I don't know, I found a slaved version which reduced the number of files I had to recolour. Unfortunately I couldn't find a slaved version of the chair, loveseat and sofa so each one had to be recoloured.  However I really do like this set so the extra work didn't bother me. The texture file for all 3 was exactly the same so I only had to make one set and then just use that same set for the other 2 items.

I was really sad that the decor pillows didn't recolour the way I originally wanted them to, the top pillow is somewhat scrunched so it just doesn't take to having images, only patterns.

I may actually apply the shading I used on the pillow images for the loveseat to the rocking chair, just haven't decided yet.

I am posting the original pictures of the bedroom and living room of the WFS Nostalgia set. I've been staring at the bedroom for a really long time and am contemplating recolouring it.  :hmm:

I have 5 or 6 different woods, but then should I recolour the wood in the living room too? The legs for the sofa, chair and loveseat is like really HUGE!! 128X256  :ROLF: The real pain would be the rocking chair, but I've already done one so what's a few more? :slapLaugh:

I refuse to do any more beddings, I've uploaded so many lately and Red Sonja uploaded some gorgeous ones.

If you look closely you can see that a marble top is on the vanity, end-tables and sink. I would replace the marble top on the vanity and end-tables with my wood-inlay images.

Oh yeah, I loathe doing lights so don't wish for recolours for them.

bedroom_nostalgia.jpg

living_room_nostalgia.jpg

1 hour ago, gayars said:

Awesome job! :)

Absolutely!  Beautiful work as always Miss Mouse.

:oops:  Those pictures aren't my work, that's the living room and bedroom made by WFS. I posted those pictures so you all could see the actual original rooms.

Wow these are beautiful sets! WFS did wonderful meshes.

On 8/17/2016 at 5:08 PM, gayars said:

I was referring to your TV and radio recolors

I agree your recolours of the TV and radio are stunning!

Progress Report---I had to do bedding recolours, normal beddings don't work on this bed. Since I used 10 different woods, I only made 10 different beddings. None of the beddings are the living room colours.

There are 71 recolours for the living room along with the 10 different woods. I am working on the loveseat, sofa, bedroom curtains, living room curtains and the deco pillow. Everything else is finished.

I updated the integrity on every file and made sure the curtains are correct. I can honestly say this is the biggest and at times most frustrating project I have ever worked on. I got more work done on it today than I have managed to get done all week. I had to correct quite a few things I did because there is nothing in the original files to indicate what is the actual mesh file so some things I accidentally left out. I figured all that out and when I am finished and the 2 sets are uploaded they will be complete sets. I even did the table phone and wall phone.

After I get it uploaded I am going to take a 2 or 3 day nap....:grin:

I need to finish my iron bed I started and let you tackle it :). It is almost done. I have like several projects "almost" completed, then I get burned out for a time and then have to go back to them. The irony? I only need about an evening and it would be done.... Probably an hour or two. Getting things exact with meshing can just be fiddly work. :/

Know what you mean gayars. I'm the same way with leaving 98% completed projects untouched for weeks/months. It starts with feeling burnt out and needing a break, then for me it becomes, "well, it's been so long, I'm gonna forget things and have to research them again" so I leave it longer and the cycle repeats until that one special day where you just really want it done no matter what. For me, that kind of day comes once in a blue moon. :1doh1::cheesy:

Isn't that the truth! The day I finish all my projects the downloads folder here will be overflowing! :grin: