UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Internet Croaked

:ROLF: Yep my internet connection broke and we didn't get it fixed for 2 days!!! I just never really knew how much I depend on that connection. Our son was cracking up at how old our Bell modem was....:blush:  I guess it's true that older people do not like change. :slapLaugh:

Now we have a new modem and it's a tad bit faster than the old one. That should make the hubby happy cause we are blaming him for breaking our connection. He was the one on the internet when it crashed. What will be funny is when all 3 of us are on the net at the same time. At least we don't text each other when we are all in the same room.  :ROLF:

11 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

What will be funny is when all 3 of us are on the net at the same time.  At least we don't text each other when we are all in the same room.  :ROLF:

Oh that happens here, almost every evening! :slapLaugh: I'm usually on skype with one or all of my brothers or a friend; my son in law is playing an online game, my daughter googling some of her interests and the kiddies watch YouTube video's

Oh yes, we don't do that either :ROLF:

I'm very glad you have internet connection again :)

Oh I meant to tell you guys... My son and I went to take care of our little old lady friend, and my daughter stayed home on the computer. Our new roommate TEXTED me to ask if my daughter had gone with us, because my daughter wasn't answering her calls/texts and she needed her (from the other side of the house :D) instead of getting up to check where she was. Turned out my daughter had left her headphones in, but wasn't wearing them, so wasn't hearing anything from the phone.  She actually waited til my daughter just happened to go back there instead of coming to get her....

And then I croaked.  :ROLF:  My Aunt told me that getting old was not for sissies, boy oh boy was she ever right. After this hectic and too busy weekend, I sorta croaked. I didn't get out of bed except to use the bathroom and let Jake in and out to do his business for 2 days. I cheated on Jake and used my electric heating pad for the back spasms, his body heat just wasn't enough. Now I am back to being me again. :insane:

Well I am glad you are back to being you again :) and as far as croaking, after all you did, I am not surprised!

16 hours ago, gayars said:

Well I am glad you are back to being you again :) and as far as croaking, after all you did, I am not surprised!

I agree! Please take care :1hug:

12 hours ago, MaAlet said:

:slapLaugh: :slapLaugh: What is his punishment?

I'm not sure. He is laying on it right now as I can't sleep and he has his head on my pillow. If you have a suggestion of how to punish the wee fella when he looks so utterly adorable, please tell me.   :ROLF:

Dogs should come with a warning label, *Dangerous, unresistible puppy dog eyes. You will succumb.* I can do fine until I get that look...and then I'm gone. It's not fair that they can do that to you.

Today Jake got a special treat and he has so far taken it to every room at Micheal's and now that we are back home, it's gone upstairs and then came back downstairs. Squeak thought she'd have a look at it...poor thing. Pip just watched, he was smart. Now both cats know they do not go near this new bone thing, they don't even look at it. I expect that when I finally toddle off to bed, that bone thing is going to wind up somewhere in my bed.

I'm not going to complain, I might get my heating pad back.  :ROLF:

Well when all else fails..   :slapLaugh: If one of us goes upstairs, so does that bone thing. When we come back down, so does that bone thing. Apparently he is not able to chew it, but it sure is keeping him occupied while he tries to figure out what he's supposed to do with it. He also seems to be very protective of it, I am allowed to pick it up to carry it upstairs or downstairs if he drops it, but other than that, nope, no one can touch this thing except him. I will not allow him to take it outside which means he is a tad bit angry with me, but I don't want bugs crawling on it and then him bringing the bugs inside.

:ROLF: So....now my speakers are croaked, completely broke and nothing fixes them. A fuse blew, we saw sparks on the stereo system and at the cord connecting the speakers for my computer, so now the surround sound for the TV is broken and so are the computer speakers. It's so much fun watching videos on You Tube now....  :ROLF:

Meh, I can always use the laptop if a you-tube video is worth hearing. It's just funny because last weekend we also blew a fuse at Michael's and there were sparks then too. I'm starting to think I just a sparkly kind of person...:ROLF:

I'll only be concerned if I sparkle in the sunlight because that would be terrible!

3 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

I'm starting to think I just a sparkly kind of person...:ROLF:

Yes, never a dull moment with you being around! That's one reason why we love you :1hug:

17 hours ago, MaAlet said:

Yes, never a dull moment with you being around! That's one reason why we love you :1hug:

That's the weird thing, I actually think of my life as somewhat boring. I rarely go anywhere and most of my time is playing around recolouring things for the game. I should be doing more housework but then I get all excited about a project so the vacuum stays in the closet :blush: I've tried telling Dave I am allergic to housework, and I still don't know why he didn't believe me. :slapLaugh: Maybe I should have asked my DR to write me a note....:ROLF:

Dave told me there was a prescription for that allergy......he handed me the broom. :1doh1: I didn't have a snappy comeback and when I tried to use Jake's woebegone puppy dog look, it failed---massively. Apparently for that look to work one needs a tail and a wiggly butt. :o 

1 hour ago, Mission Mouse said:

I rarely go anywhere and most of my time is playing around recolouring things for the game.

My life was like that before the kids moved in with me - but I never thought it boring I loved every moment :grin: Now I just have stolen moments before the pc during the day. Off course I love my kids and enjoy the little ones very much - I think I'm so blessed to have them with me now ... but at times it can be really very tiring; and most of the time I'm in pain because of my aching (and aging) muscles.

1 hour ago, Mission Mouse said:

I've tried telling Dave I am allergic to housework, and I still don't know why he didn't believe me.

LOL I'm sure I have that allergy too - and nobody would believe me either! And Dave's allergy prescription will never work for me  smiley.gif