UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Placemats-Yes or No

I  have been super busy making a special set for Christmas and it comes with a couple of items that have placemats on them. So then I searched for a placemat mesh and found one and am now wondering if anyone would want them. I'm not big on cluttering up my Sims homes, but since these go directly on a table I don't actually consider them clutter. Sims just place their plate on top of the placemat and they can even put this placemat on a counter.

So is anyone interested?

Awesome! Which placemats? I have some awesome ones I love if you don't mind doing those as well :D 

I won't tell you what my phone tried to autocorrect placemats to....

I will take any and all placemats however :)

It is so funny but I decorate my sims' houses to the hilt. Placemats, tablecloths, fancy curtains, pillows....

My own house? Not so much :D.

Anyway, placemats are some of those deco things  I can't seem to get enough of, sort of like curtains.

27 minutes ago, gayars said:

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!! My favoritest placemats of all time!!!!!!!

"Happy Dance"

:ROLF: It's the only mesh (SimsAddict99) that I could find where the placemat is a single item and not part of a set, meaning they are already on a table. The cool thing is that there are 2 different versions, one can be placed on counters and a second one is placed on the dining tables. So if you use those counters as a kind of breakfast nook or an island, you can use one of the versions of the placemats. It doesn't seem that anyone else has ever made a placemat mesh other than SimsAddit99.

SimsAddict also has a goblet version, but it is table only. I think it is a goblet, it is a fancier glass anyway!

I loved to use placemats when I cluttered my simmies homes. Here is a mesh at MTS, don't know if it's any good but it isn't TSR and THAT is good. :) Here is another placemat at MTS.

I think people who download here will be very exited and I am looking forward to see your recolors.

Oh thank you Marbi, I looked all over MTS and didn't find that. :1doh1: I've been all over the internet looking for dinner wear plates for SimsAddict99's second placemat mesh. I really like the wine glass with the second one so I decided to do a set , for Christmas and one using fine china plates. In case you have a family with no children, I am going to also do a set using the second mesh for every day. The first mesh doesn't use plates at all so that one's a no brainer. I have so many plate images now....I'm going to have to find a mesh that uses plates hanging on the wall or on display on an end table. I'm pretty sure there is a mesh at Holy Simoly for an end table display and I know Cashcraft made a cabinet display and I think Lucas from Aussie Top Enders made a mesh for wall hanging plates, or maybe it was the table top one....

Do you all see how making ONE set has now transformed into several other projects?  :ROLF:

Thank you for the link, Marbi! That really is a beautiful dining set!

Looking forward to see what you're going to do with it, MM :)

So now I am working on the set I want to upload for Christmas, placemats, wall plates and because I knew Cashcraft had made some I went looking for those. That led to  Parsimonious where she also has a set of wall plates that go with a very pretty dining set......and my project list expanded. I think I could actually have enough projects to keep me going for years and years......I wonder why I was so convinced years ago that I was not capable of learning how to do these things?  

Michael prefers Sims4 and wants to learn how to do stuff like this for that game. First I have to get him a proper laptop that can handle that kind of thing, plus if he is going to play that version, then I want to get him all the expansion and stuff packs he doesn't have. I have this hankering to actually see that game....

That second mesh from SimsAddict99  :ExcitedSmiley: I LOVE that one. I have had the most fun searching for plates, table napkins, placemats, and border images. I think I could come up with close to 1000 different combinations for placemats with everything I have found. The first placemat is 256 X 256 and that is actually a size I don't really like working with, but the combinations I can come up with make this so interesting. The second mesh is 512 X 256 but that's because half of it is the plate image.

Along the way I have taught myself how to create a transparent background to make things a lot easier with the plates.

On 9/16/2016 at 2:28 AM, Mission Mouse said:

Along the way I have taught myself how to create a transparent background to make things a lot easier with the plates.

Your progress is amazing! Not long now and you'll be meshing :)

@ Alet, I don't think meshing is in my future.

Now for an update on the placemats. You would be surprised at all the images for placemats that are on the net and then you can get specific with your search and find really amazing images. I now have some awesome placemat images and have this plan.....I will be uploading a set just for Thanksgiving, and a separate set that are just Christian placemats. I'm holding back the ones I make for Christmas, until Christmas.

I also did searches for table napkins, got tons of those now too. :grin:   You can't have placemats and no napkins :ROLF:

:55:

Sounds like you will have to replace your desk chair with a potty chair..Yer not gonna be able to leave your computer! :slapLaugh:

It all sounds pretty amazing though. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

11 hours ago, NeverForsaken said:

:55:

Sounds like you will have to replace your desk chair with a potty chair..Yer not gonna be able to leave your computer! :slapLaugh:

It all sounds pretty amazing though. Can't wait to see what you come up with. :)

It's a real pain having to run up and down the steps, a potty chair would be nice. Sorta, except that I am not here alone anymore. :grin:

20 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

You can't have placemats and no napkins :ROLF:

That's true! I'm also looking forward to see them :)

18 hours ago, NeverForsaken said:

Sounds like you will have to replace your desk chair with a potty chair

I wish I could do that! :grin: