UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

New Computers

Today I ordered 2 new computers, one is a laptop for Michael and the other is an All-in-One computer for me. My new computer comes with Windows7 Professional which is awesome because I do NOT want Windows10.

Michael's is a gaming laptop which is what I wanted him to have for Sims4. Now all we have to do is wait for them to be delivered. :ExcitedSmiley:

I like my All In One..except I didn't realize until after I got it (also ordered online) that it won't play DVDs. I guess its something you have to order separate nowadays. It has the tray and will play games music etc..just no movies. I guess Media player does not come standard in new PCs anymore. You might wanna check.:huh:

Well windows media player still did in 7 right? 8.1 doesn't play movies on media player but has other apps that will. But yes, best to check things like that.... What brands?

I don't watch DVD's on the computer as we have a DVD player hooked to the TV.

Mine is an Acer and Michael's is an ASUS. Both have 1 terabyte memory with Michael's being the more powerful of the 2 because he plays games. My desk is so cluttered and this will help me get better organized. Dave has no idea we did this, but he won't care anyway. Now all that's left is the waiting and the anticipation.

My desk top is an ASUS. 8.1. At the time I bought it until just recently, with a weak internet signal I could not go online to download a program for playing the movies.  Had a problem with the power cutting out randomly at first for awhile, but that seemed to resolve with time.

That sounds like decent memory. (Lord knows you will need it with all your sim files):cheesy:

Good grief, the expected delivery time has now been extended until Oct 18.....from 3-5 days for the one and 10-12-days for the other one...we want them NOW!!!   :ROLF:

I should not complain, there is no delivery charge. They will be shipped to the store I want and they will call me when they are here.

16 hours ago, Mission Mouse said:

I should not complain, there is no delivery charge. They will be shipped to the store I want and they will call me when they are here.

Wow, that's great! Shipping costs here are usually more that the worth of the item you ordered!

I looked it up on the net...it has a DVD player. What really made me get it though was that it runs Windows7 Professional which is what is on the desktop I use. As far as the DVD player, well I'd probably never use it so it wouldn't have mattered if it had one or not.

I have two desktops on my desk, I can transfer everything from both of them to the new computer and Michael can have the better desktop if he wants to play Sims2 as it's already on both.