UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
NeverForsaken

Kat n dog..A love connection?

I've been planning to play some sims that I really never paid much attention to before.

For instance..snapshot_b1e67953_04ed86ad.jpg

Who remembers Tara Kat?

Actually this poor girl tends to just fade into the background as the stereo-typical mousy cat lady of the neighborhood in Pleasantview. 

I think I gave her a look once back when I first got the Pets EP, and then quickly forgot about her.

snapshot_e10c8f80_04ee91fc.jpg

Enter Mr. Cyd Roseland...Now, I've played this sim a few times. He seems to be well liked by the lady sims of the neighborhood. 

So I gave him a house and had him adopt the two strays in the bin..(also forgotten about for so long).snapshot_e10c8f80_44ed482f.jpg

Sarah and Danny Crittur..Yes, That's Nina Caliente (A whole other story) there visiting the lot..In fact, only women were in the neighborhood welcoming group for Cyd. I think Don Lothario had better watch out..He may have a bit of competition.

So along comes Tara..and right away, it seems Cyd is quite smitten with her..

snapshot_e10c8f80_24ed4810.jpg

But does she "like what she sees"?

snapshot_e10c8f80_e4ed47cb.jpg

Yes, it would appear Tara likes Cyde too!

snapshot_e10c8f80_24ed4887.jpg

Well, as long as he doesn't talk to her about getting rich?

snapshot_e10c8f80_a4ed4984.jpg

I guess she likes to talk about books, not bucks.

But the question still remains...

Does this cat lady like dogs too?

snapshot_e10c8f80_84ed4a47.jpg

Oh yes she does!

snapshot_e10c8f80_e4ed48af.jpg

Here she is..(Breaking the fourth wall) as if to say "Thank you" to me for giving her a little life! 

Screenshot.bmp

Really! Well, I'd better not ask about how that went then since I tend to allow the game to play out unless I am doing some specific story where I must stage the sims somehow. I must say, I was a bit surprised that she wasn't more negative towards the dogs or Cyd..I sorta expected a kind of Mrs. Crumplebottom to play out with her instead. :granny::shocked:

Interesting! I've never played with the Kat lady, I had to admit and I use Cyd only when I need a sim on a test lot :grin: Maybe I'll try them and see what they will do in my game :)

Hi Alet, I honestly have not played too many of the originals myself. In fact, except when we were doing that challenge a couple years ago..I don't think I even played past the first generation. I too get inspired to play them when I see somebody else doing it. My inspiration this time came from Marbi's Sims 2 story on here. I seldom play with very much cc anymore, so I am finding it much easier to spend more time playing nowadays..whereby I used to spend all my time downloading cc and prettying everything up in a sim's home instead; not to mention sorting through the files. I think I had more than 8,000 files one time! (I think it brought out some OCD in me!) :blush:

17 hours ago, gayars said:

I have 12 GB in one folder and 15 in another of custom content :D

wow-smiley-emoticon.gif  My download folder  is 1,3 Gb and I thought that was way too heavy!           :grin:

I am not even going to say how much was in my downloads folder  :blush: Suffice to say it took an hour to load the game.

@NeverForsaken, this was cute and funny at the same time. Thanks for sharing it, looking forward to lots more! :icon_hug:

I don't remember how much I had at the time I had the most but it took about 20-25 minutes to load. I am happy now that those days are gone. 

I just upgraded my computer and optimized performance :D

Anyone else use the 4 gb patch? I use it on all 32 bit programs. Simpe for instance....

9 hours ago, Marbi said:

I don't remember how much I had at the time I had the most but it took about 20-25 minutes to load. I am happy now that those days are gone. 

Me too!

My game is not as pretty, but it loads and runs great. I am down to only using maxis recolors..So, I do look for that type of cc..or will (hopefully start creating some myself again). I also want to do more paintings and such. I have a LOT of picture files since I enjoy photography in RL. This brings out the best of both worlds..combining two hobbies that I love and merging real life with virtual life!

5 hours ago, gayars said:

I just upgraded my computer and optimized performance :D

Anyone else use the 4 gb patch? I use it on all 32 bit programs. Simpe for instance....

Please explain this, I have no idea what it means. :insane:

Basically if you have a 64 bit computer and over 4 gb ram, you can run this patch, and it will tell your computer to allow that program to use up to 4 gb ram. Otherwise it doesn't, because the most memory a 32 bit computer can handle is 4 gb, and a program normally allows enough left over to actually run the operating system and other background programs.  So in essence, it cuts you off at somewhere around 2 gb. This is paraphrasing of course :D.  However, if in reality you have 64 bit and more than 4, (at least 6 would be good) it allows the program to access the full 4 it is able to utilize.  

In short, it basically doubles the amount of memory a 32 bit program can use on a 64 bit computer.  Not as good as having it be 64 bit but... at least it is something :) 

http://www.ntcore.com/4gb_patch.php

explanation and program.

On 9/26/2016 at 6:04 AM, MaAlet said:

Interesting! I should take a look at it! Thank you for the link!

I just downloaded it..will try it on TS2 later..Thank you