UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Slippers-Not just for your Feet

I live in my bare feet in the summer and slippers the rest of the year. That necessitates the purchasing of new slippers a couple of times a year since they can get a teeny bit stinky. :slapLaugh:

If you happen to be owned by a rather mischievous furball, you will notice that dogs just LOVE a good stink, at least Jake sure does. I don't even try to notice any longer when he sneaks under my desk and quietly nabs his prize and then proudly trots off with it to his dog bed. I just know if I happen to kick off my slippers when I am at the desk, when I go to put them back on and can't find one or both, the first logical place to search for them is in Jake's dog bed. Once a new pair is purchased and the old ones discarded, I have a couple of weeks of not having to search for my slippers. After that, well I guess you could say Jake and I share them. I've tried giving him the old ones, but nope, no such luck.

Sometimes during the night my slippers feel the need for a wee wander, seems they may have a mind of their own, or simply want a different view. Thankfully they only wander into the bathroom, so they are never difficult to locate. I'd hate to have to use GPS to locate my slippers.

So...........two weeks ago it became necessary to purchase some new slippers. What I didn't know at that time was that slippers come with new instructions. Apparently in the morning, if they haven't wandered off into the bathroom, they don't want the first thing in them to be a pair of feet. Now they want to hide Jake's teeny tennis ball and have Jake go bananas trying to retrieve his ball, over and over and over and over..........this process can take up to 30 minutes. The instance those sneaky slippers catch a glimpse of a foot that is seeking their warmth, a ball appears and jumps inside.

I can honestly tell you that there is absolutely nothing comparable to slipping your feet into a pair of slightly dog slobbery damp slippers. It's definitely not for the faint of heart or squeamish. It is however, preferable to a spider......:ROLF:

I love my slippers and wear them at home almost all day :)  Fortunately my dogs are not really interested in them "sigh of relieve"

Jake has been going behind the couch and having long naps. I was curious to see why there so I pulled the couch out and had a peek.  

Now I know where my sweater that I have been looking for went. :1doh1:

I had no idea I was raising a kleptomaniac....:o

I've learned to cover laundry baskets with a towel so Pip and Squeak don't get clean laundry covered in cat hair. Michael has termed it *Squeakifying* as she is the one who lays most in the laundry basket. According to Michael anything Squeak lays on is then covered in her hair, so it's *Squeakified*

I suppose that means when Pip washes your hair and your skin, then you are *Pipified*

Welcome to my world where there is a good possibility that the grass may sometimes be purple.  :slapLaugh:

I'd say it's more like looney-tune land.  :grin: You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it helps.  :ROLF:

Today was dive-bombing day courtesy of the one and only Jake!! If it was on the floor, it was dive-bombed. If it fell on the floor it was dive-bombed. His morning treat--- dive-bombed before being devoured. His nightly denta-bone---yep-  dive-bombed before being consumed. I assume because it's been raining and he hates the rain, this was how he used his energy to entertain us all today. Even my slippers were dive-bombed! His favourite stuffed toy cannot take much more of these dive-bombing days. Her name is Lambchop, and her squeaker is now hanging on by a thread outside of her body, one leg has been nearly amputated, and sadly she has lost both her eyes. She was the most frequent victim today. Now most of her stuffing is strewn about the loveseat, it's exhausting work doing all that dive-bombing....removing the stuffing is a lot more relaxing.... :insane:  I swear I never, ever dropped Jake on his head.

I do not think Pip and Squeak were at all amused, they kept giving me these *really?* looks.

I guess it slipped their minds that they do the crazy cat zoomies in the middle of the night......:Whistle: There is a reason why Squeak is also called *Thunder Paws*. At 3:00 am she can make enough noise to wake the dead and start a zombie apocalypse. :o

On 10/25/2016 at 5:25 AM, Mission Mouse said:

....removing the stuffing is a lot more relaxing.... :insane:

For Jake maybe, butI bet not for you!

On 10/24/2016 at 7:18 AM, Mission Mouse said:

I had no idea I was raising a kleptomaniac....:o

I've learned to cover laundry baskets with a towel so Pip and Squeak don't get clean laundry covered in cat hair. Michael has termed it *Squeakifying* as she is the one who lays most in the laundry basket. According to Michael anything Squeak lays on is then covered in her hair, so it's *Squeakified*

I suppose that means when Pip washes your hair and your skin, then you are *Pipified*

Welcome to my world where there is a good possibility that the grass may sometimes be purple.  :slapLaugh:

Pipified..

You mean like this?

Spot-images-pippi-longstocking-673281_858_511.jpg

Good grief, I came downstairs this morning only to see Squeak beating the tar out of Michael's one slipper. She was having a blast until Jake saw what she was doing. He went over to her, took the slipper and put it back in his dog bed. Apparently I forgot to teach them to share.  :(