• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
NeverForsaken

Frustrated! *Warning* this is a vent!

17 posts in this topic

Okay..so I get inspired to build a futuristic doomsday type of hood in TS3..I get the story started, evict sims (sending them to the bin) and bulldoze all their home lots, build an awesome communal-type building and declare martial law on all the sims in the neighborhood, with the intent to place them into the building..

..and then it happens, just as many have described before..it won't save! :scare3:

That swirly blue thing just keeps on turning and turning..I even drive into town to run errands and come home..still turning..Then I get a call from a friend, go visit her for a couple hours, and when I get home..you guessed it..still turning! :insane:

I did leave it for a few more minutes, and it seemed fine until I tried to save it..it would not even allow me to do anything now ..the catalog would not come up nor would the menu.

I went into TS3 folder and deleted all the junk like 'Featured items' and cache files like I always do..but that did nothing.

I did save the game before that, but it took all day to just get the sims into CAS and dress them! I wasted HOURS  on this today! :1doh1:

I am so frustrated with this game! :mad:

Sure, you can create so many gorgeous houses and things..but what good is all of that when you cannot use anything you create?

I am mad enough to uninstall all the EPs except for Pets and Seasons. (Origin gives a warning that it advises only using a couple EPs anyway) Did you know that? It started with the update before this last one, I think.

I'm sorry I wasted my money on a game with all EPs and SPs and not being playable!

I am going to go back to playing TS2..I hope I can still remember all the cheats, lol! 

4 people like this

I know how you feel and that is one of the reasons that made me uninstall Sims 3 on my computer. I am still in love with Sims 2 and have a little build crusch for Sims 4 so I am happy. :grin:

3 people like this

This makes me wonder if anyone who bought the actual discs has that same problem.

3 people like this

23 hours ago, gayars said:

Welcome back to the Sims 2 fold....:1hug:

Thanks! I never entirely left it..but I've always had trouble transitioning from 3 to 2..The actual 'mechanics' of the games are so different..especially in regards to how TS2 is very grid centered. ( not able to easily move outside the grids..without cheats..like placing a couch on an angle for example..although its very funny to watch the sims try to cuddle when it's on an angle, lol:grin:

4 people like this

setquartertileplacement on is one of my favorite building cheats, I admit :D

3 people like this

You know if the game is that buggy and unplayable, then EA should refund everyone who bought it.

3 people like this

actually nowadays my daughter's runs fairly well except for some occasional windows 10 issues.  We finally got a good enough computer to run it without issues. Well mainly anyway! The thing is, they did write some of it poorly but some of it was that it takes a far better computer than they SAY it does to run correctly. It really needs 64 bit and I would say at least 8 gb ram to do it justice. They wouldn't tell the truth tho, as it might drive off sales... Did the same thing with 4 imho.  :1doh1:

3 people like this

Mine exceeds.

I only use it for Sims and photo storage..This is not the best machine I've had, but it usually does well enough for the little bit I use it for.

It is running nicely now..I am only playing with a handful of EPs, which is alright because I mainly enjoy playing farm and ranch style hoods.

I believe it was from a recent update that made my puter wonkey for a day or so.

pc sprcs.png

4 people like this

Yes my daughter had issues right after you did. She said the update to fix the anniversary update really helped then lo and behold something happened and it crashed. It isn't the game however, it is the windows 10 :/ it creates issues for her in other ways as well. it is so bad that we are reverting it back to an earlier os at income tax refund time :/

3 people like this

I always hold my breath after an update..It often ends up like this: :police:  :hmm::undecided::scare3:

4 people like this

On 11/19/2016 at 8:05 PM, NeverForsaken said:

I always hold my breath after an update..It often ends up like this: :police:  :hmm::undecided::scare3:

The same with Sims 4 after each Origin update :(  

3 people like this

I haven't heard of any problems Michael has been having with either Sims3 or Sims4. I don't know if it makes any kind of difference but he is running Windows 10, on a high end gamers laptop. Since all he usually plays is Sims4, for his Christmas gift we decided to get him that kind of laptop and hoped it wouldn't give him troubles. I know not everyone can do that, but it does kind of make me angry that the games are giving others problems.

3 people like this

I updated my old desktop just for TS3 back in 2011..It ran ok, but not for long.

I guess this is why EA did away with many things like CAS and less stuff in the base game so that it would run smoother for most machines.

3 people like this

Well in my book it should have just been a 64 bit game...

3 people like this

19 hours ago, gayars said:

Well in my book it should have just been a 64 bit game...

Agreed!

4 people like this