UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
NeverForsaken

Farming

Screenshot-1822.jpgScreenshot-1826.jpgI

I don't know what this sim is doing..Dancing the jig maybe? (She must really like milk).

I finally got around to registering all of my Sims 3 games and earned a few sim points at the store, so I downloaded the chicken coop and the dairy cows and after 'ahem' :embarrassed: hours of clicking ads..I got the tractor!

I was so happy.

I spent several more hours building this farm..only to discover that the tractor road wasn't working correctly!

(I wonder why the pieces don't just snap together?)

Well, that'll teach me next time to place the road first and test it..but this time I was building the farm in stages working on getting all the stuff from the store.

I also downloaded Aminovas' cow default which makes the cows so much more realistic.

I will need to dismantle the tractor road and all the landscaping around it before I can upload this lot.

Screenshot-1823.jpg

Yes if I remember correctly the tractor path thing was a tad bit of a pain.  "have to remember the default cow thing :D"

That farm looks amazing. What I loved most in Sims 3 was being able to have horses. I just wish the game had worked better on my computer.

Wow, Lisa, the farm is amazing! Wow, I would like to try building it in Sims 2 :)

Like Marbi, I also have to many problems with Sims 3 :( and even Sims 4  is giving me a lot of headaches, especially after every Origin update.

I just died and went to heaven, this farm is PERFECT!! I LOVE IT!!

That's it, I am getting myself a laptop like Michael's for Christmas and getting the Sims3 and Sims4 for myself.

On 11/30/2016 at 10:06 AM, Mission Mouse said:

I just died and went to heaven, this farm is PERFECT!! I LOVE IT!!

That's it, I am getting myself a laptop like Michael's for Christmas and getting the Sims3 and Sims4 for myself.

LOL!

Get the best you can afford then, cause it takes a good machine to handle all the EPs and cc. It may start off well enough, but time will tell.

@Alet: Every single update seems to mess the game up afterwards..I would love to see this farm in TS2..Maybe with Beck's animated animals it could work.

What problems are you having with TS4? I haven't been interested in that game

I would love to have a partner in crime in TS3, :cheesy:

My problem is with my desktop PC..thought I fixed it, but it is still acting up..has pretty much from the start.

Hopefully after the holidays I can get it fixed.

But when it does run I try to work on the farms for both TS2 &3..Not interested in 4 until they make pets.

Beck's animals, plus I also use Sunni and Frac's chicken coop :)

I am hoping to have funds to upgrade my solid state drive and my processor when I get my income tax refund :) I was thinking graphics card, but mine is still a good one.  If you want me to start, I could share my daughter's sims 3 news :D since she mainly plays it.

That would be great Gina! I think we should have more sims 3 participants (whomever can run the game on their computers).

I miss Stefy who used to come here and share her game almost daily.

I'm also biding my time on getting my PC fixed until after the holidays when we get a chance to save up some money. 

Here are a few more screenshots of the farm..and some more horses, of course!

Screenshot-1861.jpgScreenshot-1882.jpgScreenshot-1892.jpgScreenshot-1894.jpgScreenshot-1914.jpgScreenshot-1916.jpgScreenshot-1864.jpg

This last picture shows how I used a slider to increase this horse's height..I was pleasantly surprised that the sim could still ride him and there were no weird glitches or anything.

The coats on most of these horses are custom made by other simmers..I take no credit for them myself.

Oh wow! Wow! Wow! Amazing pictures! I just love your game!

On 12/10/2016 at 7:07 AM, NeverForsaken said:

What problems are you having with TS4?

After EVERY Origin update the game has another glitch! I can never play the game :) I've given up on Sims 4 and Origin. I uninstalled both :(

Have you tried calling their tech support? I did once and got a very nice young man who helped me fix the issue..very patient, and explained everything..I know people say they aren't very good, but my experience was good.

I no longer install the updates..but I don't play TS4, so maybe you have to in order to play it.

That game seems to be trouble from the start.

On 12/10/2016 at 7:51 PM, gayars said:

I also use Sunni and Frac's chicken coop :)

Could you give a link for this?

I cannot find it.

No hurry..whenever you get a moment, thanks! :)

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=240 this is to the sun and moon star factory in general. I am not sure if you have to be a member there to download or not. I am a member, but mainly lurk there :D If you can't go directly to the link, it will be because you have to be a member there. It is worth it :D

http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=240&t=7215  that is the chicken coop but look around, they have ducks and geese too :)

On 12/10/2016 at 7:51 PM, gayars said:

I also use Sunni and Frac's chicken coop :)

Could you give a link for this?

I cannot find it.

No hurry..whenever you get a moment, thanks! :)

Thanks again! I think I may have registered there once upon a time..I will look around the site. 

I love your pictures, the first one is amazing and the sim looks so cool in the driver seat. :)

I haven't had any problems yet with Sims 4 and I have updated both Origin and the game everytime it wants me to. Sims 3 was a nightmare for me in many ways, but I wish it would work because I loved the way I could play with it.

Michael has had no problems with the Sims3 on his gaming laptop and he plays with all of the expansions and stuff packs. After Christmas I am getting myself that same laptop. 

I just started playing with my farm again!

Here we see Peaches being sprayed by the tractor..(Notice the fish jumping in the background)

Screenshot-210.jpgScreenshot-206.jpg

She seemed a bit startled (by the fish?) and quickly climbed out of the pond!

Just a short video clip of a (rainy) morning on the farm! This is my first video share for the game..I promise I will practice and get better at it, lol..Also, my game is jerky like that whenever I try to move the camera around anyway..I was mostly trying to follow all the sounds of the farm as I heard them. I hope you enjoy this peek into a little bit of my gameplay!

I love your farm and all the animals. I wish I could play Sims3 because I miss playing with the horses. It would be nice to have horses in Sims4 too.

Somewhere there is a poll by one of the sim gurus asking whether a farm-style game pack would be something people wanted..I really can't recall the details, but if you did a google search you might find it. They mentioned the cows and chickens like the store pack for the sims 3..Horses would be great, but everytime someone suggests that, they say there's not enough room in the sims 4 worlds. I think they could at least provide an equestrian center for riding..and just keep them in the stalls/barnyard on the sim's home lots..no need to travel in an open world which I guess caused many glitches.

My game is starting to really lag, so I don't know if I'll be able to continue playing for much longer either. I only play with Pets, Seasons, World Adventures, and Supernatural..all necessary to produce a working farm..I turn off all the rest of the EPs, but evidently there's still too much to run smoothly.