• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
Mission Mouse

Stranger than normal day at our house.....

Well today the word must be out there in the neighborhood among all the animals..Buddy ran outside thinking he could catch another squirrel or chipmunk but the alert was sounded and they all took off before I could even get the door opened!

That deflated his ego a little bit!

• Like 3

I don't know how, but I locked myself out of this site this morning. I did the same thing yesterday too and all I did yesterday was an update to my laptop. I've un-installed Sims3 and am in the process of installing Sims2. I've done my research and have the necessary *no update* file and the instructions on how to install.

• Like 2

Oh no!!

Are you gonna re-install The Sims 3? I was having freeze issues with it so much since getting my pc fixed, I've given up on that one.

• Like 3

I don't think I'm going to reinstall Sims3. I never did play it or learn how to make things for it. Plus---I went to sign into this site and was locked out again. The only thing I did yesterday was updated my origin account.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RubberMan said:

Just found my Origin accounts details again lol and installed all the Sims 2. Awesome haha

:ExcitedSmiley:

• Like 2

We had Michael this weekend so I decided to make him and Dave my guinea pigs for some new recipes. I made stuffed green peppers and Dave was swooning. I just don't understand in all my searches every recipe has to have garlic. Dave and I do not like garlic at all with the exception of garlic bread. I am somewhat of a traditional German cooking fan. I love cooked cabbage and found some delicious recipes and I finally found that warm German potato salad that we used to eat when we were kids. Then I found the fried green tomato recipe my dad went bonkers over so I'm going to give that one a try if I can actually find some green tomatoes.

In the winter season I like my usual meals, but in the summer I am more apt to try new ones. I wonder why that is......     Possibly because I prefer to eat outside on the deck I am a tad bit more adventurous.

• Like 2

0 It is nice to try new recipes. I love cabbage and this soup, that my mother in law did a lot, is my favourite. I do the soup without the meat because that is how I like it.

Prep Time: 4 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours at least (with meat, a bit shorter time without)
Yield: 6 to 8 servings

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound stew beef, cubed
1 (16-ounce) bag shredded white cabbage
1 (16-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
2 cups tomato sauce
3 cups water
2 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons white vinegar
½ cup light brown sugar, packed
¼ cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon sea salt

1. Rinse meat and pat dry. In a 6-quart stockpot, heat olive oil and brown beef over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring.
2. Add cabbage, tomatoes and tomato sauce, water, lemon juice, vinegar, both sugars, onion powder and salt.
3. Bring to boil. Skim off any foam. Discard.
4. Reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 2 hours. Longer is fine; you really want the flavors to mellow. Ladle into bowls and serve.

• Like 3

You have been having computer issues?

I need to come up with something new to eat myself.  My problem is coming up with something for 5 people that have vastly different tastes to eat.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, gayars said:

You have been having computer issues?

I need to come up with something new to eat myself.  My problem is coming up with something for 5 people that have vastly different tastes to eat.

Well yes and no. Mine exploded in a fit of rage and I just didn't bother replacing it. I was just using her insane Portuguese ...THING when I really needed one. Daughter was pregnant so spent a lot of time with her and I was working a lot. I made a room in my house like the Sims lmao. Must have been missing it :D

Not put the new floor down yet or the LED fire or the skirting boards haha. All those shelves have LED lighting and look awesome at night.

Image may contain: guitar and indoor

• Like 4

*Jaw dropped from envy*

Rubberman: I bookmarked your blog and will steal all kinds of recipes later.

Marbi:  I copied that recipe but I'm going to try it with the meat.

• Like 3

Jake's normal after meal activity was to attempt to make cogs with Squeak. Since Squeak is no longer with us he has transferred that activity to Pip :1doh1: All my attempts to explain why that activity is not something we want for both Pip and Jake falls on deaf ears. On a good day Pip will smack Jake, on a bad day he just sits there and lets it happen.

• Like 2

Brad, the guy who lives next door has 2 dogs, both female. Their names are Lucy and Harley. Today Harley managed to open his front screen door and she came over to visit Jake and I while we were on the deck. Jake likes Lucy and Harley but it's been a while since he's been able to see them. He got so excited he lifted his leg and peed on Harley. I am a very bad neighbour, I was so embarassed and yet grateful that Brad wasn't there to see it, and I made Jake run back inside. Man if Brad can smell Harley I sure hope he doesn't think that my Jake is the one responsible.

• Like 3

Tomorrow we go to Dave's sister's place for a family get together because Bob and John are here visiting from British Columbia. While I am here at home making devilled eggs, home made rice pudding and getting a vegetable snack mixture with dip for me, Dave is out and about on his bike. I'm not angry, what I am is hurt that he left me with all these things he wants to take tomorrow and then he goes off on that bike. Like, "Hello Dave, a lil help here...."

Jake is busy racing back and forth from the kitchen to the living room. I thought only cats got those kind of crazies :hmm:

• Like 2

So got that tooth pulled yesterday and what aches is my bottom jaw, NOT the upper where the tooth was. Ice water and popsicles are my new best friends. Jake likes the vanilla flavoured ones.

Our family day at Anne and Paul's was great. I finally got to cuddle Wyld, who is Anne and Paul's grandson, and Natalie and Jordie's son. He is an absolutely gorgeous baby, all smiles and giggles. He doesn't make strange with anyone and he has incredibly beautiful blue eyes. Now Jake, who is adorkable was quite jealous and after I cuddled Wyld, all Jake wanted was to sit on my lap. Dave could hold Wyld, play with Wyld and that was fine, but I wasn't supposed to apparently. Then with us being gone Monday morning Jake decided that he cannot let me out of his site and must be picked up and held at least ALL day.....it's Tuesday night and he's still begging to be picked up.

There was something odd at the dentist though....after they were finished pulling the tooth, the dentist told me to lay down for the entire day, no walking around, and as little movement as possible.  Then she also told me to not exert myself for at least 4 to 5 days so it wouldn't start bleeding because I take aspirin 81mg every day. She's already pulled 2 bottom teeth and I didn't have any restrictions then and they knew back then I was on the daily aspirin regimen. I just find it odd that this time around I had restrictions.

Jake can somehow sense that my face is a bit tender and he's been extra gentle with his kisses. I'm kinda like Pip, looking through the fridge and cupboards for gushy food. :ROLF:

• Like 2

Since I don't work, I generally go to bed when I feel tired and wake up whenever. I only set my alarm clock when I have an appointment, so even that is not used all that often.

Basically I rely on Jake to wake me up.....which he does with gentle kisses. Most of the time....if I don't get up he will lick my ears which is the same as someone sticking their wet finger in your ear. I HATE THAT!!!! Once in a while he will just sit there and stare at me and for some reason that wakes me up too. It's a bit creepy having him sitting there just staring at me. This morning however, he used a brand new tactic. I could feel him staring at me and I opened my eyes.....he leans in like he's going to give a kiss and then he *BURPED*

He burped in my eye!!! Then he gives me this great big smile....BUT he burped in my eye! What kind of sweet wake up is that supposed to be? I should be looking at the bright side, at least he didn't have his butt facing me and then floofed.  :o

• Like 1