UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Stranger than normal day at our house.....

You always make my day brighter. I will have a smile on my face all day after reading this. Jake sounds adorable even though he burped. :)

The thing is he honestly has the cutest burps. Every once in a while he lets one out that has been percolating for quite some time and they tend to be on the loud side, but mostly they are just tiny, cute burps. Also, he usually only burps when we are eating, that's his signal for "Please Sir, may I have some more?" (*blatant Oliver Twist reference*)

The bigger burps are reserved for when we don't give him more, or he's missing Dave. He'll walk over to the baby-gate and let out this huge burp, then sigh loudly, and then lay down and pout. Thankfully he saves his *floofs* for his daddy. :ROLF: He get's comfy laying on top of Dave with his butt usually pointed towards Dave's face and then *FLOOF* For such a wee dog, he can clear a room in under 5 seconds. Sometimes Dave is just too tired to move so he just pulls the blanket over his head. I aim my fan in Dave's general direction.  :ROLF:

Desperate times call for desperate measures.

:police: Dave had only Sunday off....so I have this very :( puppy. Dave left about an hour ago and I thanked him for stopping in to visit us. My slipper has just been pried off my foot and Jake is very busy killing it. Once he is satisfied that it is well and truly deceased he will come back for the other one.

It's uncomfortably warm outside today and Jake will only go out to do his business and then wants back in as soon as he is finished. The thing is, for such a little guy he has to pee like 80 times in the morning and one of them takes forever. I can be doing the pee dance myself, but if it's that long pee he won't stop until he's peed out a lake.

I thought I was being kind when I put some ice cubes in the water bowl, Pip thought they were fun to swish around in the bowl but Jake didn't want them in there. It was a bit like watching a kid bob for apples.....:slapLaugh: Once he got them all out, he let out this huge snort and I got that look.....the one your dad gave you when you were a kid to let you know he was disappointed in you. Mostly I just think he didn't like the water going up his nose. :grin:

I had spinach salad for lunch today. Apparently Jake does not approve....:hmm:  He kept putting his front paws on my leg which is his signal for *You gonna share that?* If I ignore him, then he whines a wee bit and gives me those puppy dog eyes. I told him he wouldn't like it, but he kept begging so I put my mostly empty dish on the floor. I love spinach salad with honey mustard dressing. Turns out Jake thinks honey mustard dressing is somewhat evil. That plate was barked at, dive-bombed, and then pushed across the living room. When he was satisfied that he had sufficiently put that plate in it's place, he gave me the most wonderful *stink-eye* he has ever managed to make.

Pip decided to investigate the plate....he doesn't like honey mustard dressing either but he didn't go as nuts as Jake. Silly Pip got some dressing on his nose, licked his nose and then sneezed about 10 times. Oddly both animals are presently ignoring me....

Today it is beyond quiet here at home and that is UNUSUAL! Jake has not once tormented Pip and Pip is not yakking at the top of his lungs. This is completely weird for me, to have the house this quiet. Jake keeps going over to the gate at the side door and then sighing when Dave doesn't appear.

I love spinach salad too, and weirdly, so does Bud..but that boy loves oranges too, which I've never heard of with a dog before!

When we still had Bailey it was impossible for me to eat an entire apple by myself. Bailey loved apples. Jake neither likes fruit nor vegetables, he is a meat hound. Once in a while he will eat some sweet potatoes (also called yams) To fool him, I mash the meat and sweet potatoes with vegetables and fortunately he has never caught on. The weird food Jake likes---cooked cabbage. He won't eat it raw but he devours it cooked.

Oh my... I bet that creates some interesting aromas around the house...:grin:

2 hours ago, gayars said:

Oh my... I bet that creates some interesting aromas around the house...:grin:

Funny..As I read this Bud is laying on my bed "creating some interesting aromas" :ROLF:

On 2017-07-14 at 1:32 PM, NeverForsaken said:

Funny..As I read this Bud is laying on my bed "creating some interesting aromas" :ROLF:

:ROLF: Darn near fell off my chair laughing so hard.

Dave spent the better part of Saturday creating interesting aromas. It got so bad I told him to go for a ride on his bike. That did NOT solve the problem, just shook the gas so he could make a lot more of those aromas. On Sunday he had to work but when he came home seems those aromas were still being created. Since girls do NOT fart, they *Fluff*, I never have that problem. :Whistle:

It is 101 degrees here today. Jake wanted outside so badly that I let him go and two minutes later when I checked on him he had kinda melted. Pip stuck his nose outside and decided not to go out. I am so grateful for central air making our home cooler in the summer. I am working on doing some laundry and Jake seems to want to help, however grabbing a pair of my undies and then racing off with them is not what I consider helping. It does make for a good game of chase and I've learned to block both sides of the couch so he can't hide things there. I'd hate to pull the sofa out only to discover 50 pairs of undies....:scare3:

When we moved from the apartment to our house, we found like hundreds of bottle caps, rolled tiny tinfoil balls and I don't even know how many pens and pencils under the sofa, the stove and the fridge. That was courtesy of my beloved cat Morgan. Cat toys didn't appeal to him, but a rolled up ball of tinfoil made him go :cheerleader: He had this thing for foam earplugs....I'd throw one, he'd chase it and bring it back and I'd have to throw it again. He was an awful lot like a dog. I also had this barbie size hockey net and Morgan was always the goal keeper. He won more games that I did.

I put a foam piece in the basket of my bicycle and Morgan would sit in it and we'd go for bike rides. When I'd go visit family Morgan always came along. He liked to drive cause he'd sit in my lap with his front paws on the steering wheel. He absolutely loved sleeping in paper bags. He was a really awesome cat and I still miss him very much.

So somewhere here I posted about two rats trying to make a nest under our bar-b-cue on our deck. We thought we had managed to scare them off, apparently not :(

Jake was going :insane: at the bar-b-cue, so I knew something was there, but I thought maybe it was Chippy. Nope, it was the female rat hiding behind the gas cylinder. I just don't want rats on my property and I don't want them breeding anywhere near our home. Dave had Brad from next door come and take a look at the rat and she is one of the live rats his roommates had, so obviously rather than be a responsible pet owner, they turned the rats loose. Brad doesn't know how many rats they had or turned loose but these creatures breed rapidly and if they manage to be successful we could have a serious problem at some point. Now we don't really know what to do, while we could set a humane trap and then release the rat far away, it seems a bit cruel to do that to a possibly domesticated animal. Our humane society only takes cats, dogs and rabbits. While I admit that I loathe these creatures, I cannot kill them, nor will I let Dave kill them. I am hoping that both rats could be caught in a humane trap and then find a proper place for them. Since they have now been exposed to possible diseases I don't want them anywhere near Jake.

What puzzles me is them returning to a place that they know has a dog, although they cannot possibly understand that Jake being part Jack Russel was bred specifically for killing rats.

I am so sorry for the problems you have and I really don't like rats either. We don't have so much of them here on the countryside, instead we have the small forrest mouses. They are cute but I don't like to have them in the house and we have had a lot of them up in the attic. They are usually active during the night and when they run around I can hear them and it is impossible for me to sleep. Our neighbor's cat has taken over and is watching out for our house and that is good because it keeps those creatures away. Last winter we had no mouse visitors and that makes me really happy.