UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Stranger than normal day at our house.....

I spent 2 1/2 hours searching all over the house for Jake. He wasn't under my desk, behind the couch or snuggled into my feather comforter upstairs on my bed. I was terrified that I had left him outside and someone stole him, so major panic sets in......my voice starts shaking......you can hear the panic in my voice!

That little ^%$&*# had slipped under the blanket on the chair in front of my desk and was completely covered. Until he heard the panic in my voice he wouldn't stick his head out to let me know where he was. The worst part, my cell phone was charging so I couldn't even get a picture. It would have been a good one too because he would only stick his wee nose out from under the blanket.

So we go from stink-eye to hide and seek???? I swear my nerves cannot handle this.   :insane:

I used to have this little black dog, who stood outside one time, wagging his little tail, while we called frantically, in the dark, and wondered why we didn't just go get him. Never mind it was dark, he was black, and we couldn't see a 4 pound wonder :P

At 11:00pm it seemed like a great idea to make some carrot muffins.....yep GREAT IDEA!

Pippy and I played tug-of-war with the first one and the first one tasted like a second one so I went and got one, put it on a plate and then went and got myself some milk......

Jake who will not eat carrots, climbed on my chair and STOLE the entire muffin. He's happily chowing down on it in his bed. Jake has never, ever stolen anything off a plate before.

:55: Is it ever quiet at home today. Every Friday the 13th there is a big bike event in Dover, Ontario. Yep that's where my Davey is today. Jake is sleeping in his bed under my desk and Pip is sleeping on a chair in the kitchen.

All last week I was really under the weather and I still have some chills and a bit of a fever but I am starting to feel better. I am going to make some home made chicken soup cause I can't stand the canned stuff. The noodles are just too soggy for me. I am going to use wild rice and barley in place of the noodles. Then I have to decide what other vegetables I want, carrots are out as I don't like mushy carrots either. I think I may be a mite too picky. :ROLF:

I should have checked my cupboards   :1doh1: no wild rice, no barley....:mad:

So I wound up using the rest of the mashed potatoes, 2 cans of sweet peas, 1 can of creamed corn, 1 can of water chestnuts, chicken stock and milk. I make a roux using the liquid from the peas and water chestnuts, although the very first thing I do is to fry up 1 or 2 chopped onions. When I make a white sauce I do the onions first and then make the white sauce. I also add salt, fresh ground black pepper and parsley. I actually put parsley in almost everything I make. (Dave hates water chestnuts so the homemade soup is ALL MINE.)

If I want a really creamy soup I add 1/2 brick of low fat cream cheese.

Dave likes those Campbell *man* soups....YECH! But then he also eats those canned Chef-Boy-R-Dee things too. I can honestly say I have not eaten those since I was a kid. I am so weird, I will eat fried cabbage, and cabbage rolls, but not boiled cabbage or sauerkraut. Fried cabbage has to be fried in bacon fat because that makes it taste so much better. Then it also has to have onions and crumbled bacon in it as well. Plus it has to be the regular kind of cabbage. I've learned that Savoy cabbage is the best one for cabbage rolls. It's not as bitter as regular cabbage.

The other thing is I am that kind of cook who doesn't use a recipe for stuff like this, it's all done by guess and by golly.  :o

I do have this recipe for Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese cake that I want to try and then I found out that you can actually use a brownie mix for the bottom instead of those crushed graham crackers. I'm going to add some finely chopped almonds into that brownie mix. I might even double the amount of Bailey's Irish Cream.....

I finally got the Hull Christmas pudding recipe and it has RUM sauce :ExcitedSmiley: <--That's me when I've had some.

I had a Dr appointment this morning and now I have to get X-Rays on my knees. About 6 weeks ago I fell coming in the side door and landed on my knees. Hurt right away....but my right knee still has not healed properly. When I bend it I can feel this ripping inside. It's a tad bit painful. So my Doc is poking around, she almost had to peel me off the ceiling when she prodded this one area, that hurt quite a bit more than a tad. She thinks I tore a ligament, whatever that is. The kicker is both of my knees are now crooked and she doesn't like that. Like how do  you get crooked knees anyway?

I now have that *there was a crooked man* nursery rhyme bouncing around in my brain. I don't even know how one fixes crooked knees. I knew when I fell that it did something and I was really hoping that time would heal the damage. I've known for a while that something was wrong because I can't sit with my knees bent for more than a couple of hours at a time and my knees really throb at night when I go to bed. I kind of assumed that if I kept my legs elevated at night it would help speed up the healing process, apparently it didn't. During the day I've been alternating between freezing  my knees and then using my heating pad. I don't know if that made things worse or not. There was a funny side to this, for a while I had multi-coloured knees. Green, black, blue and this horrid  mustardy colour. Fortunately all those colours go well with black shorts. :ROLF:

I also feel so sorry for the cab driver....we were talking about dogs with jobs. He was telling me about a seeing-eye dog and how impressed he was with the dogs' skills. I told him about this man who had been in a terrible accident that left him paralyzed and that he had a service dog. He came to his work everyday which was on the 4th floor of the building where the bank I worked in was. He would come outside at lunchtime with his dog and sit and enjoy the sun while a co-worker would walk his dog. He was a very nice guy and pretty darn easy on the eyes. After a while we started talking and this one time he told me his dog knew 250 commands. My jaw dropped and then I said the stupidest thing ever said by anyone ever....I said "My husband doesn't even know 250 commands." With a perfectly straight face, he asked me if I would like to send my husband to the training school. I said if they would take him, I was all for it.

Anyway......the cab driver just cracked up and for the rest of the ride he just couldn't stop laughing.

Oh, back to my heating pad....it seems Jake rather likes it because I keep waking up during the night and I have to steal it back from him. :1doh1: I don't get it, why would a mini furnace need a heating pad?

We have snow now and I feel like a jack-in-the-box because Jake wants to go outside every 30 minutes and roll in it. I feel like we have the world's dorkiest dog. :Whistle:

We have also got a little snow. I don't think it will stay long though.

No snow here..and we are in the snow-belt of our state!

This year I will be missing my sweet Sasha whenever I see a snowbank, as she loved to lay in them. :cry:

7 hours ago, NeverForsaken said:

No snow here..and we are in the snow-belt of our state!

This year I will be missing my sweet Sasha whenever I see a snowbank, as she loved to lay in them. :cry:

:Empathy: My Bailey has been gone 7 years now and I think of him every day and I still miss him everyday.

Have any of you seen the cat food advertisement for Whiska's Perfect Portions? El Cheapo {aka:Dave} bought some even though they are a tad bit more expensive than the usual cans he gets. Pip gets one half in the morning and the other half at supper time. Same company, same food but an entirely different result--ALL of the food gets eaten and none is ever left in his dish. With the cans he'd eat half and then cry and cry at supper cause he didn't want to eat the same thing he ate in the morning. Since this new stuff comes in break away units, I can open a different flavour for supper than he had for breakfast. The bonus is that there is no more waste.

Jake is the finicky eater which is odd because cats are supposed to be the finicky ones. I thought all dogs like peanut butter, Jake has never even tasted it, he sniffed it and walked away....weird. I always share any kind of meat I am eating with Jake and now Pip has decided that he should get some too. That cat can hoover meat very well. :o

Jake got me up early this morning and I somehow missed taking my usual afternoon nap. Apparently Jake decided that he didn't need to cry for me to join him because when I did go upstairs I wondered where he was and peeked into my bedroom. He had somehow managed to make a cocoon and was sound asleep inside. He was totally as snug as a bug in a rug. I am still wondering how I resisted getting in bed with him. The strange thing is Dave was home and sleeping in his bed but Jake was in my room.

I finally got around to installing Cats & Dogs and while doing that realized I had never gotten the Toddler stuff pack. I have all my drivers updated, all of Sims4 installed and even installed the small update for Sims2. Then Windows10 installed an update so I didn't get much recoloured today. On the other hand my laptop is completely updated.

We've gone from snow to rain so Mr PoutyPants has required more than his usual cuddles. Since Pip now imitates Jake in many areas, I also had to cuddle Pip. It didn't help that Dave left again for work which always makes Mr PoutyPants appear. I really gotta practice pouting so I can turn the tables on Jake.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:08 PM, Mission Mouse said:

I really gotta practice pouting so I can turn the tables on Jake.

Good luck with that..There's nothing like a puppy pout! :cheesy:

I am not the only weird one in our house! Last night Dave was all comfy on the sofa and I thought he was asleep. Then I hear that unmistakable sound of passing gas. Without missing a beat and with his eyes still closed Dave says, "That was a B flat."

:o Since when did he know musical terms? :o Then he says, "Hang on I may have a chord or two as well."