UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Stranger than normal day at our house.....

It seems to have become a nightly ritual, Jake attacking his denta bone. He even hides it under the afghan on the sofa and then dive bombs the afghan in order to rescue the denta-bone. Apparently the denta-bone has no desire to be rescued and it mysteriously launches itself across the living room. Jake refuses to be deterred by such heroic attempts by the denta-bone and proceeds to stalk the poor thing. His stalking could use some lessons from Pip, such as how to sneak up quietly on your prey. Sadly Jake can only do one thing quietly which becomes apparent when the sudden loss of breathable air overtakes the room Jake is in. :scare3: But I digress, back to the denta-bone nightly saga, despite the LOUD stalking, Jake is able to capture his prey, BUT he doesn't devour it, right then and there.....

OH NO, he patiently waits for bedtime and brings his treasure upstairs. He will happily and yes noisily consume said denta-bone sometime around 2 in the morning. Then at 3 in the morning he absolutely HAS to go outside.

One does not have to be crazy to enter my world, but take my word for it, it will come in quite handy.:police:

Dave would like me to tell all of you that his trap was finally successful and the rat has met his end. The thing is we don't know if it was the male or the female because when we first became aware of the rat, there were two of them. If he has been successful with only one of them, that should be sufficient I think because I think this means there will be no offspring.

I realize that this sounds somewhat cruel but here in Canada, house insurance does not cover damage done by animals chewing any kind of wiring. So if you get rodents inside your walls and they damage the wiring, it is at your own personal expense that the damages must be paid. Aside from the fact that their droppings can cause severe illnesses once they dry and can be inhaled, it is just not something I want in or around our home.

We had a very mild few days and all the snow we had melted. Then came the weekend, it snowed and snowed and Jake now has some fluffy stuff to roll in again. He is so happy. He goes racing out the patio doors, dives into the snow and rolls to his heart's content. He has the biggest smile on his face while he is doing that. It's impossible not to smile when we are watching him roll and roll. When he has had enough and is sufficiently chilled, he prances back inside, proud as punch.

Yesterday he did a nose dive into a bit of a bank, came out and his face was so completely covered in snow and all I could see were two nostrils. :ROLF: Oh yeah, also a fiercely wagging tail. :ROLF:

I do not believe this, that rat that was caught in the trap has DISAPPEARED!! Dave didn't remove it from the trap and this morning when he went out to the shed, that rat was GONE!

I do not understand how this is even possible...... :o  :scare3:

:sherlockholmes: Mission Mouse, your case is solved!

This was no ordinary run of the mill rat.

It would appear that you have been eluded by 'Mighty RAT'..The cousin to 'Mighty Mouse'!

Much similar to his smaller cousin, this fella is endowed with many of the same super powers..There is no trap known to man that can hold this little beastie!

Mighty Mouse's superpowers included flight, super strength, and invulnerability. In some films he used X-ray vision and psychokinesis. He was also able to turn back time in The Johnstown Flood and Krakatoa. Other cartoons showed him leaving a red contrail during flight that he manipulated like a band of solid, flexible matter.

But...Do not despair, dear Miss Mouse..

Just as 'Superman had his Kryptonite..Mighty Mouse had LIMBURGER CHEESE!

Perhaps this may work on 'Mighty Rat' as well?

:confused22:

Apparently rats and mice do not like cheese, they do however love peanut butter. Also Mighty Rat has a spouse so I guess it's Mr Mighty Rat and Mrs Sneaky Rat. Dave had a bag of poison in the shed and one of the rats dragged it into their lair but there are new rat droppings in the shed so it seems as if they are immune to the poison. If they do eventually die from the poison I admit that it worries me that Jake might find them.

That certainly is a legit worry! :hmm:

I'm sure you keep a close enough eye on Jake though..I would especially when he is outside in the yard. I think since those rats seem to have a food source outside then it's unlikely they'd risk venturing into your house.

We have had more than the usual amount of snow here and I let Jake out in the back yard. Darn near died laughing.....Michael had done some shoveling in front of the gate and shed door, so there was a good pile of snow just past the shed door. It was a good size bank and it took Jake 4 or 5 tries to get beyond that bank. He was not expecting to snow to be almost as high past that bank and he had to hop like a bunny to make it to the back fence. Michael and I were laughing our heads off. Fairly quickly Jake decided to return to where the snow had been cleared and had just as much of a challenge hopping over that bank to get to the deck. Poor puppy, he exhausted himself so much he came inside and passed out on the couch. :ROLF:

The link doesn't work, but if it's the one I'm thinking about :ROLF::ROLF:

For anyone who wants to see it, just search on You Tube for "Drunk Squirrel"

Trust me it's totally worth it.  :ROLF: