• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
Mission Mouse

Stranger than normal day at our house.....

Mission Mouse    11,551

Ok, I admit Dave and I are a tad bit on the weird side. :slapLaugh: But today was just weirder than usual. He got the groceries and was looking for the milk pitcher.....I told him to look for it in the *middle of messy*  I have no idea where that came from. :insane: It just popped out.

Just now Jake was tormenting Squeak, an everyday occurrence, so nothing weird there. Then Dave comes over to me with a patch of Squeak's hair he removed from Jake's mouth. He hands it over to me and tells me to place it in evidence. I happen to have an empty plastic bag on my desk, so I put the patch of hair in it. According to Dave he is the *Investigator* and I am the crime lab employee who analyzes the evidence.

The crime is *Hair Pulling*, the victim is Squeak and the perpetrator is Jake. I have no clue when this will culminate in a trial as we don't know who will be the judge and Jake has no money for a lawyer.

You don't have to be crazy to live here, but it sure does help. :ROLF:

• Like 2

Mission Mouse    11,551

Living with Jake is such an adventure. He is so affectionate and goofy. He is such a blessing in our lives even when he is being naughty. It's kinda surprising to me that he is still so energetic and silly at 7 years of age. We did assume that as he got older, he'd slow down. Nope! He's still like that Energizer Bunny, only with a few hits of Red Bull. :grin:

• Like 1

Mission Mouse    11,551

Every night at 9:45pm Jake gets a dentabone, it's a specialty kind that we get at out vet's office. I guess the same treat night after night gets boring. Last night when I let him outside, I didn't see that he hadn't eaten his dentabone and he raced past me with it in his mouth. He deliberately dropped it in the snow and then went and did his business. Then he came back to his treat, he tossed it in the air, dive-bombed it when it landed causing it to go skittering across the snow. Then came a long game of chase the dentabone across the deck, in the snow, in the freezing cold. Finally he sat down and commenced to eat his treat. I suppose this version is similar to a la carte, only it's a la snow. When he finally decides it's time to come in he's covered in snow and somewhat chilly. Instead of coming to me to get warmed up, he races up the steps and I can hear him jump on the bed followed by an awful lot of noise. I go upstairs thinking Squeak was on the bed and he's got his second wind from the cold air, and is tormenting her, but no.....Squeak is not on the bed. hmmm  :hmm:

Jake loves my feather comforter a lot. Possibly too much. :love: I find he has rearranged the comforter and has tucked himself inside, as snug as a bug in a rug. Good thing I wasn't quite ready for bed, I left him there to warm up the comforter. I don't care how many of those endearing puppy dog eyes he gives me, that is MY comforter and it's not going into his dog bed downstairs.

• Like 3

gayars    4,074

I understand :D

I got some penguin houseshoes before Christmas. Well, one of them mysteriously disappeared, and I am pretty certain our chihuahua puppies hid it. 

So hubby got me another pair for my birthday.  Well they keep trying to run off with those too. I figured that they have my one remaining penguin one, they can leave my new ones well enough alone!  I do admit that Romeo, the 2 pound wonder, looks very cute sitting inside a penguin houseshoe :D

• Like 3

Mission Mouse    11,551

See now that's part of the problem with dogs, they look so cute when they are being naughty. Then when they are busted, they look so forlorn. When the cats are being naughty, they just look at you with disdain. You know if the cats could speak, they'd just say, "Your problem now. Deal with it."

A dog looks so pitiful and just wants forgiveness and then some loves. A dog would tell you he/she is so sorry. So you cave, forgive the dog, give him/her some kisses and what you don't see is the dog sticking out his tongue at the cat and telling the cat he's gonna do it again.  :grin:

• Like 3

Mission Mouse    11,551

We had to take in the laptop we bought Michael because he said it got wiped. Long story short, they can't recover software so everything he had downloaded has to be re-downloaded. Not a problem, all I have to do is re-install the Sims3 and Sims4.

So...............I'm in the store and I wind up buying myself a gaming laptop. It was on sale!! So I got the extended warranty and this accident warranty in case I spill something on it, and wound up spending what it would have cost at normal price. They are going to get it all set up so it's ready to go and I should have it by the weekend. I get into the truck to go home and hesitate about telling Dave what I just did, but I know just telling the truth is the best way to go. I'm kind of expecting a bit of a talking to, but what I get is him shrugging his shoulders. I'm not sure how to take that so I ask him if it's ok...and he tells me that it's fine with him. Come spring and summer he plans to ride his bike whenever he can, so I am entitled to a new laptop that can play the newer Sims games. Then he tells me I'd better learn how to make stuff for those newer games too, just so I can keep myself busy. I am so fortunate, this man really gets me!!  :love:

• Like 2

Mission Mouse    11,551

Michael probably accidentally hit the wrong keys when the laptop was doing a windows upgrade. He says it was doing an upgrade so he went to the bathroom and when he came back all his stuff was gone. He has ADHD and it makes him sometimes not concentrate when he is doing stuff. He's also nowhere near as computer savy as he'd like me to think he is. He already wants to upgrade his video card which is ridiculous and I flat out told him I would not pay for that. So he did a run-around me and talked to his dad, that's a HUGE no no in this house. Besides Dave knows nothing about laptops or computers other than how to turn them on and off. Michael should remember that his dad and I always talk over everything and when it comes to computers, Dave always tells Michael to talk to me. Now Dave can do things on his cell phone that I have no idea how to do, and he got himself an I-Pod and knows how to download music onto it so he does have some technical knowledge. Dave also learned the hard way not to click on pop-ups. Yeah we wound up with Windows 10 on Dave's laptop and he went :insane:. I told him to google the way to reverse it, he didn't know what *google it* meant.

So I wound up looking it up and turned the laptop back to Windows7. I wanted Dave to do it and possibly learn something but he wouldn't do it. He absolutely panics when an update to a program shows up and refuses to click on it unless he asks me first and then usually he just tells me to do it.

I'm getting excited about my new laptop and I have looked at CC, but I haven't downloaded anything because I don't want to have to transfer stuff from my desktop to the laptop. I know I'll have to transfer my patterns so I'm working on cleaning that folder up.

• Like 2

Marbi    6,252

My husband is that way too. He doesn't want to learn and always ask me if he gets stuck in some way. He has finally learned to use the bank on the internet and is able to transfer money between the accounts but I am the one paying the bills. He is very content with me doing that. I am not that handy with computers but I know more than him and when I get stuck, I ask my sons for help.

I am happy for you and your new laptop.

• Like 1

Mission Mouse    11,551

Dave has never logged into our bank account and doesn't know how to pay any bills. If something happens to me, he's in big trouble. I've tried teaching him but he won't do it.

I got a call this afternoon, the laptop is ready. They have it all set up and removed the junk that they come with. The real bonus----a tech is going to come to my house next week and spend an hour teaching me about Windows 10. That should be interesting, especially since I can't get the laptop until the weekend when Dave is home. I've heard there is a way to make it look like Windows7 with your icons on the screen. If that's possible, it will make things a tad bit easier for me to learn.  *crosses fingers and toes*

• Like 2

Rebecah    6,223

You can have icons on the desktop and it can look pretty similar to Win7.  It just takes a little getting used to, but it isn't bad.

• Like 3

Mission Mouse    11,551
On 2/1/2017 at 11:16 PM, Rebecah said:

It just takes a little getting used to, but it isn't bad.

:ROLF: Now that's the understatement of the year.  :ROLF: First I can't figure out how to turn it on, then I finally get that, but I absolutely cannot figure out how to set it up to work with our wireless network. That's fine though because a technician from Staple's is scheduled to come on Tuesday and spend an hour teaching me about Windows10.

I have so many SIms2 projects to keep me more than busy and it won't be a big deal.

• Like 1

Mission Mouse    11,551

:ExcitedSmiley:It took quite a bit, but the laptop is now connected to the internet. I am now downloading Sims4......even with high speed internet I think it will be done by next year sometime. :ROLF:

• Like 2

Mission Mouse    11,551

So I have Sims4 Digital deluxe installed as well as Vampires and am still in the process of downloading City Living. I called every game store in town and no one would let me pay up front and then order me the discs. When Sims2 came out because I had already bought all the original Sims games, they let me prepay if they ran out before I got there and then called me when the game disc came in. Now there are all new people working in the store and a new manager and they won't do that.

• Like 2

Mission Mouse    11,551

Oh My! So I had my lesson today and it turns out I'm not a stupid as I thought I was. Some things look very different, but the basics are just the same. I am still in the process of getting all the expansion packs downloaded which is nowhere near as time consuming as the base game. But what is really awesome is my graphics card, I was watching videos on YouTube and the clarity was wonderful. I think I may like Windows10.... :hmm:

• Like 1

Mission Mouse    11,551

Last night I stepped on one of the cat's tails.....I dunno which one so today I am in the doghouse with both of them. Boy can a cat ever scream when you step on their tail :o

I have no idea why Dave rearranged some stuff on my desk, but now I can't find stuff. I am going to hide his pillows to see how he likes it. :P I'd rearrange his tools in the basement but that's just too much work and he has way too many.

I'm killing myself laughing today because I am trying to build a house in Sims4. It is nowhere near as smooth as Sims2 for me.  I've had a lot of these  :oops: moments and I have had to start over and over. *sigh*

• Like 1

Mission Mouse    11,551

Jake has still not come to terms with the recent passing of our beloved Squeak. In spite of how sad it makes me, it is kinda cute to watch him search for her and when he can't find her, the look on his face is somewhere between heartbroken and, "She's hiding here, somewhere. I know it."

Today he decided that she has a super secret place upstairs. He was everywhere upstairs, sniffing everything his nose could reach. The only successful thing he managed was to clean all the dust bunnies under the beds. :blush: Logically all he would have had to do was look under each bed, but this is Jake   :insane: He got down on his belly and searched the entire underside of the bed. Like I made a hole in the box spring so she could hide???? Or he could pry up one of the floorboards and find her underneath????

Where Dave works, a few more truckers have quit and they are now short staffed. That means he is gone more lately and basically just drops in for visits and maybe a sleepover once a week. So in addition to missing his Squeak, Jake also misses his daddy. He alternates between being the King of PoutyFaces and the King of NeedCuddles NOW! Folding laundry can be a tiresome job unless you have a Jake like mine, who demands to sit on either my lap or the freshly folded clothing. He won't sit in the laundry basket with the fresh warm clothing because that is where Pip is. :slapLaugh: I cannot win, I wash the clothing to get the pet hair off and then the two of them come along and put all the pet hair back on everything.   *sigh*

• Like 2

Mission Mouse    11,551

Dave left for a trip for work after lunch today and incredibly Jake morphed into King NEED CUDDLES NOW & PoutyFace---at the same time :o I have either had to hold him or he's on top of my feet. I tried to explain the basics of stalking to him but he has developed the ability to ignore me when it suits him.

Pip now sits on the desk and taps me with his paw when he wants attention. The minute I pet Pip, this head appears from under the desk and those pitiful puppy dog eyes appear. I got nothing accomplished today-NOTHING! Well I did get my afternoon nap....with Jake sprawled across my chest.

Some things are changing....yesterday Pip and Jake sat together looking out on the deck. No fighting, just peaceful co-existance and Pip has decided that if Jake gets a treat then Pip wants the same treat. This from the cat that a few months ago would NOT eat any kind of people food. Oddly Jake doesn't seem to mind sharing with Pip. Now that IS weird.

• Like 2