UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

I never did come across a tutorial that explained how to completely replace one pattern for another. Lots of tutorials explaining how to recolour, which was just using different hues and saturation levels. I wound up doing what I do for Sims2, and that's making my own templates. The absolute best part is that in the Sims4 Studio there is this one texture that is called *Normal* and it's actually a mask that has the details required for shading an outfit.

Yep, I just might get to liking making things for Sims4. I haven't tried an object yet, that's next.

:oops: I forgot, I will probably only do stuff that comes with the game as way too many creators that I downloaded from do not want their meshes included.

I like that one the most of what I have seen so far. I guess because I'm older, the very short dresses seem much too short. Now that's funny considering in my youth I did wear mini skirts and mini dresses. :slapLaugh: I really do like the clean and classic type look for female clothing, it's just never gone out of style. There is a lot of styles in Sims4 that are really nice and I can have lots of fun with them.

:Thank_you: Marbi and Gayars.

I still have to figure out how to put more than one outfit in a file so I can actually upload them. I think I might understand the process but I'm not quite sure.

I got it! There's a merge button and you just add your recolours in that section.

I have discovered that I absolutely LOATHE *Ad Fly*  After 10 attempts to get a child's outfit I have sworn to never download from any creator that uses that horrible thing. They say to wait 5 seconds and then press SKIP. Like that works---NEVER! I just kept getting popped into more ads. :mad:

I had chrome and it blocked Spoonflower. :o  I prefer Firefox. I also have adblocker. A few times I have managed to cross that program-AdFly and actually get the download, but it's just not worth the aggravation. Then I was reading up on it and it's designed to generate income by the ads, so to me that's like having a paysite. If you have a site and can't put your downloads on it, then SimsFileShare is a free site from MTS that hosts Sims stuff.

At the end of the day, to me this is just a game. I have a blast recolouring stuff and I wouldn't think to try and profit from it. I have so much fun recolouring and experimenting on different patterns and textures. Sometimes they turn out great and sometimes they don't. Believe me you don't want to see the flops! :slapLaugh:

I actually know sites that put their stuff on simfileshare and still make you go through adfly to get to it! 

Those ones make me so :mad: Sims4Studio supplies the program that make recolouring and so much more absolutely FREE, SimsFileShare is hosted by MTS, again absolutely FREE and yet there are still those out there seeking to profit with their stuff. That I find incredibly SAD.

My TOU: you downloaded it, it's yours to do with whatever you want.

I will respect creator's TOU's, BUT if I want to recolour it for MY PERSONAL use you know I will. And I will also help anyone who wants to do the same as long as they agree to not share it.

At the end of the day, this is just a game we play for whatever reasons we have to play it. When someone has the ability to make stuff I just don't understand why it cannot be FREELY shared. YES, I do understand all the time consuming work involved, BUT the more people who download your stuff, the higher the compliment.

:366915: And I just learned another new thing. I couldn't figure out why none of my downloaded CC content didn't show up in Sim4Studio. Turns out you have to put it in a file in Sims4Studio. I find stuff like this awesome. There are so many features to their program that I am learning that are just so awesome. For what I am capable of doing, only needing one program that opens so fast is just such a wonderful thing.

It's a wonderful feeling when you learn to do something new. Congrats, MM! Very pretty dress.

:Thank_you: LilSister, I've missed you very much!

I've been experimenting on the Base Game Toddler Dress and after 3 days I have two versions that I think are going to be adorable. It took that long because I had to tweak my templates several times to get the effect I wanted. According to my astrology sign I am somewhat of a perfectionist.  :ROLF:

The dress is GORGEOUS!

I finally downloaded Get to work, and outdoor retreat. (I know I said I would not add any EPs until they made 'PETS' or 'Seasons'...But I caved :Whistle: ). This dress will be a nice addition to the game, MM. :Thank_you: