UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

I have just learned how to recolour Sims4 clothing. Since far too many creators are asking for their meshes to not be included I will stick to the outfits included in the base game and expansion and stuff packs. This saves us from having to have to link to sites that may or may not be available or even have that horrible ad-fly. Oddly enough, this game has some very nice clothing in it. :o Sadly I have even come across some Sim4 sites that are paysites.

I seriously LOVE the Sims2 and am coming to really like the Sims4 because these 2 games have given me an outlet for my creative side. I have more fun recolouring stuff than I do playing the game.

So....now I will be able to upload stuffs for both games! :ExcitedSmiley:

828.png

I've been messing around with recolouring Sims4 clothing and it's ridiculously easy. The only weird thing is that the pattern image you export is size 1024 X 2048, but so far all the ones I exported use only the bottom half which is still 1024 X 1024. Sadly almost all of the CC stuff I've found and like do not want their mesh included if you recolour their item. Don't these creators realize what a compliment it is when their stuff gets recoloured? Don't they know that we all have different likes and dislikes?

That dress for instance, a denim skirt and gingham blouse make it pretty much an everyday outfit. Use a solid colour or texture for both top and bottom and replace the belt with a fancy belt and the dress then becomes suitable for formal wear. I love when I can find contrasting patterns like the one I used above, however they don't seem to be an easy thing to find.

I haven't done any recolours of shoes yet, that's next for me to practice on.

I just uploaded my first outfit re-textures for Sim 4.   :366915:  I have even studied the tutorials for walls and floors  :grin:

Sims4Studio has made everything so wonderfully easy to learn. You can even *merge* your recolours into one file which is beyond awesome. There are all kinds of tutorials for everything imaginable and even links to video tutorials on You Tube.

Now the only thing that bugs me is almost every creator denies you permission to include their mesh so I am severely limited as to what I can recolour or retexture. However since it honestly is so easy to learn, anyone who has CC but wants more recolours, or completely different patterns, I will gladly help anyone who wants to learn.

I am so happy for you. If I had more time I would have loved to learn how to do this because it sounds so much fun.