UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Stefy

The Tricous and my failed tries to ressurect them

Hi there, sorry I haven't been here for a LONG time, but my life has been changing in all the ways possible and I hadn't that much time for simming (and when I had I chose only to play).
Anyway, I've got a big complicated problem recently whose fix I can't find...
Maybe some of you know the Tricous. If not, they're a premade (dead, unfortunately) family in Downtown. I'd really like to ressurect them, and found many, apparently easy, tutorials on the internet, but it seems like my game DOESN'T want them ressurected!!!
I've tried twice, and both times failed for almost the same reason.
The 1st time, three months ago or even less, I've tried the more "cheaty" way. Brought one of Jon Smith Tricou's other teens in one of my households with testingcheats. Seemingly, Jon was ressurected successfully. BUT HE WASN'T ABLE TO MOVE OUT!!! I've tried hard: find own place - on all objects possible, but the taxi didn't come...it was like he just read the newspaper, put it down, and did nothing. I've checked for errors, but there were none. I've got annoyed and gave up.
Now, I said to try the less cheaty way. I've moved one of the Jon Smith's teens to uni and wanted to drop him out immediately, move him in a house and ressurect the Tricous. Eh, seems like that wasn't possible, too. Firstly, I've tried dropping out on the phone. No errors, but the taxi won't come. Never. It's like he didn't call at all (even though he got the memory of dropping out)
Then, I cheated so he'd graduate, but the same thing, no taxi would ever come.
And I'm desperate, I don't know what to do because I really want the Tricous in my game (if you don't know who I'm talking about, you should check the sims wikia, they are a really interesting family). I'd really really really appreciate your help :embarrassed:

Hi, nice to see you again. I didn't know about this family but they seem to be interesting. I found the tutorials on how to resurrect them and it seems easy just by reading how to do it but I can imagine that it is difficult. Have you tried The Tombstone of Life and Death and/or The Mailbox methods? If so, did you only try to resurrect one of the teens or did you try on one of the adults? Maybe it will work better on one of the adults.

You made me curious so I think I will try this and see how it works.

I found this while searching on how to resurrect sims. It seems a bit tricky.

Adding dead Sims

Trying to add a dead Sim to a lot via the Tombstone of L and D will give a message saying, "[Name] has died on another lot. [Name] will appear as a spirit in the place of [Name]'s death", and the Sim will disappear from the lot. However, pausing the game gives the player time to make the Sim selectable. Additionally, accessing the Grim Reaper and Hula Zombies is similar to accessing dead Sims, as the Grim Reaper will look around before disappearing and the Hula Zombies will start dancing and disappear.

It is absolutely imperative that you do NOT mess with Grim or any of the other NPC's who's character files are located in the objects.package file, as they are integral to the game and how you play it. For instance, Santa Klaus (that's how the game spells it. lol) is a universal NPC, just as Grim Reaper is, so there's only one Santa and the game will summon him when needed. When you add any of them to a household the game is bound to mess up. As for the Tricou family: Judging by what you've described, it isn't the Tricous who caused it. It sounds like either some conflicting CC or your neighborhood (or install) is messed up. I had a similar issue with vacation destinations and the phones: My Sims would pick up the phone and then put it back down. Even after removing all of my CC (I moved the Downloads folder to my desktop) the issue still occurred. I didn't ever do any game-corrupting actions to do this. It was a fresh install of the Ultimate Collection from EA's Origin service.

On a side note: Don't resurrect any of the Specter ghosts if you ever thought of it. They are very messed up ( a few of them even have the wrong gender and age flags! Melissa Sims, a teenage girl, is recognized as an adult male and she has no aspiration or personality points, from what I recall). If you get annoyed by them, just move their graves to a cemetery (I add the largest empty lot template to the very edge of the Strangetown map so it's pretty much out of sight.

Nope, I'm aware, I didn't mess up with the tombstone and such.

Anyway, except the deceased family, Jon had another teens (which are townies), and only they can ressurect him via the ressurect-o-nomitron.

But the problem is that, every of those teens and also the Tricous themselves cannot move to another lot by "find own place" or the townie teens (which I sent to uni) cannot move out after drop out/graduating, as the taxi wouldn't come. The weird thing is that this happens only with them. I'm going to try moving out another sims with no relations to them to see if it is really just them who can't move out.

I resurrected Jennail, Kvornan and Fricorith Tricou by first making a random sim in the game know everyone using the mailbox cheat. Then I used the Resurrect-O-Nomitron and paid full price for each of them so they are OK. I had to upload the whole house to get the family, I don't know how to to otherwise. So here you have them if you want them.

Edit: I checked the file (lot) in CleanInstaller and OOOPS there were more Tricou in there.  I removed the lot and the data of the other sim that lived on the lot. I left the Package Sim Data of Jon Smith Tricou, Jennicor Tricou, Nylissit Tricou, Kiernan Tricou and Gvaudoin Tricou because then I suppose the others will have memories of them or something. You can remove them yourself if you want to before you download them - if you decide to do that.

Tricou family.zip

Oh my god thanks, no more struggle for me :love:

Even though, they used to live in the House of Fallen Trees in Downtown. But if I download them, they are new sims and the tombstones remain. So I will just delete (with a long tutorital I know in simpe) them.

But before downloading I'll try myself the thing you tried (random sim with know everyone cheat, I didn't think about that before!)

Anyway, now I'm going in-game and later I'll tell you if I succeded or not, but thank you very very much for the ideas and the hassle you have gone through with uploading, I appreciate it :ykiss:

Okay, just tried it out.

The guy I made to know everyone also got the option to ressurect the other Tricous so I had no problems :)

And I've successfully ressurected them all, thank you so much :love: