UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

I know I did something wrong with my Sims4 files because they all show up now as PSP icons and not .package files. My restore thing is not set up so that is not an option.

Naturally this means I cannot upload anything I have done, although everything I've made shows up in my game. I don't know how to fix this. Do I have to unstall Sims4? It's also affected Sims4Studio....as well as every single file I downloaded for the game. I'm about ready to get really upset. I don't even know what I did.

That means you have just set sims 4 packages to show up as being able to be opened with psp. You should be able to right click one and tell it to open with (default version whatever sims 4 program you are using) instead.

And set that to be your default program for that type of file.

Nothing is wrong with the Actual file :)

That isn't available to select and anyways all my Sims4 Studio files are PSP files as well. :(

all the icon does, is show you what you have selected to open those files with. They don't impact anybody's game or anything :)

It actually doesn't affect anyone else's computer at all. the package is still the same package. it is just more annoying for you than anything. I have done that before, inadvertently changed what the computer opens a  certain type of file with, and it shows it with a different icon.

For instance object files for meshing show up on my computer as simpe files :D which makes locating the package files a bit harder!

Thanks so much. It was driving me nuts. I thought about uninstalling my paint program but then decided not to risk loosing all my files.

However they have default programs set on theirs to open that particular one. There is probably just a file icon if they don't have one set. It literally is just the icon for what you have associated with that particular file. And that varies from person to person.

So.....I just had a severe learning curve. I wanted to put my own colours I made into the swatch section and import them. For some reason importing mine just doesn't work.

Plus I am in the process of reorganizing my pattern collection to make it more user friendly for me. My frustration level is peaking.

Edit: :ExcitedSmiley: I have now learned how to do custom colour swatches.

Yeah but I still cannot figure out how to get all my recolours to show up on one outfit with just the additional swatches showing at the bottom so that you can pick whatever one you want.