• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.

Mission Mouse    11,551

Just to keep you all informed, I have been quite busy reorganizing my pattern collection. I have discovered that it is actually a lot more extensive than I had thought. I'm in the process of downloading TheSims2 Ultimate Collection, having uninstalled Sims4 to correct a glitch between package files and my PSP program.

Once Sims2 is installed, then I am going to re-install Sims4 and see if my problem has gotten resolved.

I am hoping that the re-installation of Sims4 can be completed by this coming weekend. Then I hope to resume uploading content for both games.

However, with regards to Sims4, I will only upload EA content and NOT any creator content.

Most of the creators for Sims4 have a TOU that states you are not allowed to upload their mesh with your recolours. Some TOU's even do not allow you to recolour the item at all. What does one do if they like the mesh but the colour choices leave a great deal to be desired? Oh c'mon, we have all come across a wonderfully designed mesh but wouldn't use that particular pattern to dust our coffee table with....Personally I find that kind of TOU simply too restrictive. Any recolour of any mesh is a sincere compliment to the original creator because you actually have to really love that mesh to want to put in the work and thought and time to recolour it. A different pattern or a different texture can really have an effect on some clothing.

Affinity has a policy of including the mesh in with the recolours to make things easier for our members. I personally will not send our members hither and yon in search of meshes that have a habit of disappearing after a time. It is frustrating and time consuming. I have always given credit to the original mesh and creator. In fact I have *fangirled* several creators that just make me swoon with their fabulous creations.

Anyone that knows me knows that I only recolour things I am deeply enamored with. Certainly all of my recolours have been my way of honouring the original creator in the case of ALL recolours I have done for Sims2. It's also been my belief that once you download anything that I recoloured it then belongs to you, the downloader. If you like it but want to embellish it, tweak it or even add something to it, then by all means feel free to do so. I'm tickled pink if you have something I recoloured in your game. Even after all this time it still gives me a thrill when something I've done is downloaded.

I have hundreds of CC for Sims4 but due to the restrictive TOU's I cannot share them. I will do private recolours within my area of capability if I am sent PM's requesting them, but I cannot post them for general downloads and for that I am truly sorry.

At the end of the day this is really just a game we play for whatever reasons we choose to play. Anything that is made to enhance our play is a bonus. For people like me who cannot quite grasp all the intricacies of creating, then recolouring can give us immense satisfaction and a real sense of achievement. In fact I prefer to recolour rather than play the games. When experimenting with different patterns, and combinations of patterns I feel like I can change an everyday dress into a garden party type dress. Sometimes it even works that different textures can change an everyday dress into an alluring evening dress. You can add a shiny belt or a jewelled belt and get a totally different outcome. I've used embroidered images I found on the internet that I put on pillows to make them unique. The fact is design possibilities are endless and only restricted by one's own unique taste. That's what makes this so much fun for me.

Thanks to Rebecah for taking me under her wing and teaching me to recolour I can finally give back to a community that has given me so much enjoyment.

I have had some health issues and some family issues that have had an unwanted affect on the time I have had to make things to upload but with the prayers from my Affinity Family and with God's grace most of those issues have been resolved. I still have a very demanding dog that needs my time and attention but in the last year and a half, we have gone from a 5 cat household to a one cat household and those passings have left me bereft at times.

And now for a wee bit of comic relief....I don't pay any attention to my birthday or my age and someone asked me recently how old I would be this year. To my utter shock I had no idea, so out came the calculator (I never was any good at math) :o I'm 58, I'll be 59 this September and then the BIG OLE 60 next year. Seriously I didn't think I was that old....:slapLaugh: because I almost said I was 54 or 55.

The not being good at math is no joke, I failed it my senior year in high school and by failed, I mean miserably failed! And yet I worked in the banking industry for 23 years and was very good at my job. Go figure.....:hmm:

• Like 3

Mission Mouse    11,551

Good grief, I've had to uninstall Sims4, Sims4Studio and PSP9. I'm in the process of downloading Sims2 Ultimate Collection. Even though I have the complete Sims2 on discs, the noise my laptop made while installing the base game was just grating on my nerves. I just checked and have 5 hours yet for the download. I can't even work on my pattern collection because I am not going to install PSP9 until Sims2 download is complete.

I might look into some free paint programs just so I can keep busy with my patterns cause I am dreadfully bored.

• Like 3

Mission Mouse    11,551

I'm supposed to have high speed too.....anyway Sims2 is downloaded, now and starting Sims4. Off for a wee nap as I pulled another all-nighter doing this.

• Like 1

Mission Mouse    11,551

So I only have another hour until Sims4 is downloaded. Once that is finished then I can re-install PSP9 and start getting some work done. It's not been a very good day for me so far and once the Sims4 download is complete and I can install PSP9 again, that will go a long way into helping me cope with what has been a pretty bad morning.

What I do not know is whether all the stuff packs and expansion packs will be installed with this new installation of Sims4.

• Like 2

Mission Mouse    11,551

:insane: So after all those changes, I thought I was safe to re-install PSP9. NOPE!! My package files still show up as PSP9 icons. So I uninstalled PSP9 for the second time, went looking for any files left behind, deleted them and I think I will restart my laptop and then try installing PSP9 for the 3rd time.

:Thank_you: Gayars for all your help this afternoon getting SimPE set up for me to use with Sims2. It is absolutely wonderful having Sims2 and Sims4 on the laptop and not having to go back and forth between the desktop and the laptop.

Now if I can just get PSP9 to stop replacing the game package files with the PSP image my world will be back to it's usual weird place. That is something I can totally live with.

• Like 1

Mission Mouse    11,551

So I figured out what is wrong, but I have no clue how to fix it. Apparently I asked for the package files to be opened with PSP9, obviously not one of my finer moments. My laptop doesn't give me the option of restoring to an earlier time. I have asked at S4S if anyone knows how I can fix this, but no one has responded yet. I've also sent a PM to Bakie at MTS hoping that with his extensive skills he might be able to help me.

So yeah, all the uninstalling and re-installing was just a major waste of time...:insane:

I just can't figure out how to undo what I did. :oops:

• Like 2

gayars    4,074

I was going to suggest that.... you not mark it as default.

However, the link Rubberman gave you should work.

Basically right click on the icon and select open with... then go down the list, and there should be a more options or something like that at the bottom of the list, if you don't see what you need to open it with.

Meantime, do you know what program should be the default program to open package files with?

• Like 2

Mission Mouse    11,551

I have WinRAR or Rar, whatever it is called. It's not that, it's the package file that shows up as a PSP image because I accidentally chose PSP9 as the default opener when I shouldn't have done that. Now instead of showing up as a normal .package file, mine show up as PSP images but you can't actually open them in PSP. you can't actually open a package file.

• Like 1

RubberMan    1,327

OK found 2 ways you can do it. First you can tell popular not to open package files from within the programme. Second control panel - set default apps. Tell it there. 

• Like 3

RubberMan    1,327

Whatever you want to open them with lol??? 

And yeah Gayars. Not a fan but when you're not home and waiting for plaster to dry it's something to do rofl

• Like 3

Mission Mouse    11,551

OK, I've done everything all of you have suggested and nothing works, some things can't even be done with Windows10 as it doesn't give me the option.

• Like 1

Mission Mouse    11,551

So just to keep everyone up to date on my creating progress.... :ROLF: ...I've got quite a few of my patterns organized. I've been recolouring that boat-neck shirt from MTS-Evilcatofgenius, that DeeDee converted to Teens.

In the meantime, our beloved dog Jake has tested positive for both lyme and ehrlichia disease. He is the first official diagnosis for ehrlichia in our area, not something we wanted at all. He is being closely monitored weekly by our wonderful vet, and at home by me. This coming Monday we go back to the vet for an update and we will find out then if he needs to be on medication. If he does, then he has to be on it for the rest of his life.

I share this so you will hopefully understand why it's taking me longer that I wanted to get some things uploaded.

Edited: :hmm: I forgot to say that the boat-neck shirt is a Sims2 item.

• Like 3