UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

WARNING!! RANT!!

I LOATHE Ad-Fly. It's nothing more than a way for creators to make money and as far as I am concerned, they may as well make their site a stupid pay-site. I just went through mutiple ad-fly links to get one mesh :mad: and by multiple, I mean more than 5!!! THAT IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS.

It's been our policy here that the mesh must be included because sites up and disappear, or our fans might have to go on a wild goose chase to find the original mesh. I know I do not know how to mesh, BUT I do understand how much work I put into recolouring meshes that I absolutely love. Every single thing I have recoloured is a sincere compliment to the original creator, if I didn't like it, I wouldn't waste my time recolouring it.

I have come across ONE Sims4 creator who doesn't have a TOU that denies you uploading her mesh but she does want credit, which doesn't upset me at all. She should get credit, she deserves to get credit for her creations. Whenever possible I do provide a link back to the site where I got the item, especially since they probably have other stuff that is not to my taste but others will no doubt really love. Sadly it seems to be the norm for Sims4 creators to deny you permission to include the mesh and since our policy is to include the mesh, you all now know why NO Sims4 CC will ever be featured here from me. Between the Ad-Fly and TOU's for Sims4 content, I've lost the appeal for Sims4.

Whether or not anyone who does not recolour or re-texturize things for this game, I do put a lot of thought into what patterns or textures I use. I also tend to make a lot of recolours, meaning I put LONG hours into making what I upload. It still astonishes me that people download the things I do because my taste tends to be more traditional and modest. I am humbled far more than anyone realizes when my stuff gets downloaded, I've even gotten emotional over some of the responses I've gotten.

I will still download things I like for my Sims4 game but if it's behind an Ad-Fly link, no matter how much I like it, I'm not going to download it anymore. I believe that ALL content should be free for The Sims games. I do not believe that one should have to jump through hoops to get something they like.

The thing is, MTS hosts a file sharing site that is FREE for any creator---yes--FREE!!! So any blog site that claims they are simply trying to pay for their site costs featuring their creations, why don't they use MTS file share? At the end of the day the Sims games are just that-games. They are meant to have fun with, play challenges with others and just enjoy. Not everyone who plays these games is in a financial position to pay for CC, many fans of these games have to budget in order to afford the expansion and stuff packs. Why make it even harder for them to get CC by using Ad-Fly and other annoying programs, thus in a round-about way making the CC pay files? Since those programs line the pockets of the creators who use it, they are making downloaders unwittingly pay for their stuff.

All of this is just of course my personal opinion.

I do have something to confess...my absolute favourite TOU condition--recolouring allowed: NO. :ROLF: Yeah if I liked it and I downloaded it, you can bet your bottom dollar, I recoloured it! To clarify that--for use in my own game, not shared or uploaded anywhere. I kinda see that as a personal challenge mostly because I am OLD, and sometimes cranky. It's highly possible that particular item isn't in a pattern or colour I like, we all have different tastes, but mostly because I see it as a challenge. :ROLF: I also giggle to myself when I do that.

I also admit that I would be over the moon with joy if someone downloaded my recolours and posted pictures of it. If they tweaked it in some way, I'd love to see that too. Like I said, I'm old so probably am somewhat limited with regards to my imagination, BUT I can still appreciate someone else's imagination. I don't *OWN* what I upload, the downloader owns it when they download it.

Let's all face the fact that once someone downloads something you made, you cannot control what that person does with that item once it's in their game.

:ROLF: I'm either into my second childhood and rebelling or it's those hot flashes that bring out the beast in me. Mostly I get like this because restrictive TOU's just make me :mad: Why make the thing if you say NO to recolouring it? I've seen camo patterns on things I like, but I don't want a camo outfit in my game, so yeah I'm going to recolour it. The thing is ANY item that is re-textured or recoloured means that that person LOVED that item so much that they put the effort and hours into making it, thus bringing more people to the creators site to see what else they've made. That is the ultimate sincere compliment as far as I am concerned.

It makes me so sad that I have as much CC for Sims4 that I have and yet *do not include the mesh* policy just ticks me off since it's our policy to include the mesh. I've found what turned out to be recolous of meshes and then had to track down the mesh just so I could recolour it for my game. At least 3 times in recent memory the mesh had vanished because the site was gone. And that was for Sims4, the game isn't even that old yet. I've got recolours of tons of things for Sims4 but can't share them because of those restrictive policies. I also would NOT ever send anyone to a site for a mesh, when that site uses any kind of Ad-Fly or any similar type of program. Since those kinds of programs generate income for the site owner, they are getting paid for their creations. In my opinion, that makes them a pay-site.

Basically I do what I do for love of the game and to show my appreciation to those creators (Sims2) who made such amazing creations that I downloaded. I am still a down-load-aholic, but since I learned how to do what I do, I have discovered a new love for the games. Hopefully I have done things that make people enjoy playing the game. I also understand that I have TONS of spare time that others do not, that enables me to do what I do. I have NOT, NOR WILL I EVER expect to get paid to do this. For me this is a blast of a hobby and to get paid for it would make it seem like a job and rob me of the enjoyment I get.

I used to sew all my own clothes, even my coats. My dad wanted to start me up in my own seamstress business and he couldn't understand why I wouldn't do that. I really liked making my own clothes, but it was a hobby. I just didn't want to do that for a living. Out of the goodness of my heart, I did make a spring wardrobe for one person but it wasn't much fun. She was a lovely person and I didn't have to make a ton of adjustments, but she did want several dresses and it was that *deadline* thing that robbed me of the sheer pleasure I got from sitting at my sewing machine. It's sort of like that with creating for the Sims....I go at my own pace, health permitting and do what I want to do. For me that's fun.

Update to the update :ROLF: I've just had another tooth pulled and they have me scheduled for another 9 appointments. Yes...NINE!! Two more extractions, cleaning and bottom dentures to replace the 4 back extracted teeth. I am not a happy camper at all. This time around there has been a lot of pain and I am beyond grumpy. I also had two cavities filled in my top front teeth. For some odd reason they feel quite strange.

To make my life more challenging, the tooth from two weeks ago and the tooth yesterday, one was on the top, the other was on the bottom and they both are in the same location. So eating on that side of my mouth is impossible. On my bottom jaw they pulled out the two back teeth months and months ago, so that makes chewing on that side of my mouth rather interesting. (As in impossible)

So yeah, there isn't a whole lot I can eat for the next week or so, until the latest extraction heals. I"M GONNA STARVE TO DEATH  :Whistle: Not really :ROLF: I can eat anything that is soft, so it will only be time to worry if I look at Jake or Pip and I start salivating. :slapLaugh:

On a more positive note, I am in BodyShop making Sims2 clothing. :)

Lots of soup, mashed potatoes, and scrambled eggs I guess! Well with any luck, once this is all done you will feel better! 

(((HUGS)))

:oops: Ever have *one of those days*? :insane:

I have this teen version of the Rock-a-Billy dress I have already made for adults. I have all my patterns made and think I am ready to go.  :Whistle:

Turns out I'm not as ready to go as I think. I start up Body-Shop and proceed to make the first one. It doesn't work. I try with a different pattern. Nope that one doesn't work either. So then I'm wondering if possibly it has anything to do with the fact that the patterns were made before I installed Sims2 Ultimate collection. I export the dress from the Ultimate collection and paste my pattern on top...nope it still won't work. Then I have that magic *AHA* moment and delete my cache file. Back into Body-Shop to try again. :mad: It still won't work. I am completely perplexed now :hmm:

This is rapidly becoming a major melt-down situation. So back into PSPro9 to see what's the problem.....I take the pattern file and paste it over the exported image, and LO & BEHOLD, the problem reveals itself. :blush: Turns out I am trying to use a 1024 X 1024 image for one that is supposed to be 512 X 512. I have NO clue how that happened because I know the adult image was 1024 X 1024. I went back and checked it. So now I have to redo 70 patterns....*SIGH*

:ROLF: It's funny now. Not when it was happening, but now, yeah it's funny.  :ROLF:

Woul the texture file for adults work in the teen one if you built dxt? And replaced the teen one with the adult version?

I dunno, the size for the adults is 1024 X 1024 and the size for teens is 512 X 512. Also I used different patterns for the teens than I used for the adults because the adults were made a long time ago. The teen option was not available when I made the adult recolours.

I have 18 Sims2 outfits to make in Body Shop and 3 more to finish in paint shop and then I will start uploading. I like to have a bunch ready for Body Shop because I hate going in there for just one outfit.

I am making progress even though it's slow going. I have 3 outfits left to make in my paint program and then finish them in Body Shop. Then I have to transfer those to my desktop and put them in my game to take pictures. With Sims2 Ultimate Collection, you absolutely cannot take proper pictures in Body Shop and I don't have the time to put each outfit in the game and then actually play the game to take pictures. I have already uploaded one version of the Rockabilly dress for teens and have two more versions. I do like all 3 versions, but the third one is probably my favourite. It was made by MDP and I do like a lot of her stuff.

I'm getting there, slowly but surely. These are the final 3 outfits I am working on before I transfer the necessary files to my desktop so I can take pictures.

Projects.png

The first one is From RentedSpace and is for female adults only, the second one is from RentedSpace as well, but is for female adults and teens and the third one is from DeeDee Sims and is a teen female outfit. Naturally I will also enable the adult outfits for elders. Normally I don't recolour such short dresses for teens, but this one is just so cute, I had to.

My only problem with my progress is Pip, my cat. He's taken to sitting on my desk and either rests his head on my right hand, or tries to sleep on the mouse. He's killed one mouse, it sticks instead of clicks. So now I have to switch my remaining mouse between the laptop and the desktop, and NO I do not use that stupid scroll pad thingie on my laptop. I hate that thing. :smiley:

:up4: Oh by the way, I found out that if I add the alpha files sized 1024 X1024 for the outfits that I made before installing the Ultimate collection. I don't have to redo any of those outfits. I am so glad I am a Virgo cause I never toss the files that I export, so I have all the necessary files I need. I just replace all the 512 sizes in the projects folder with 1024 sizes, the outfit gets made and it's good to go. I know because I tested a few of them in my game on my desktop. All I need now is some drama free time and I'll have lots of new outfits.

I scrapped that middle one, the legs look terrible! I also found some teen outfits converted from adults but I am having a weird problem with one. If all I do is change the hue and saturation I can make the outfits recolour the correct way, but the template I made is somehow wrong and I can't seem to figure out what is wrong. I know it's just me, but just changing the hue and saturation is not the way I like to do my creations.

Teen-001.png

:( I bet if you go back later you can figure it out. Sometimes all we have to do is step back.

:ROLF:  I tried 15 times and nothing I tried worked. I need to find a similar outfit with a draped top and see if I can figure it out from that.

:oops: So....I tried 1 final time and found out what I was doing wrong. For reasons beyond why I did that, I was using the wrong file.

Sophia.png

body~stdMatNormalMapTextureName.pngbody~stdMatNormalMapTextureName

body~stdMatBaseTextureName.pngbody~stdMatBaseTextureName

I think I should not try and make my templates after midnight. I was using the *body~stdMatNormalMapTextureName*. If you look closely you can see the greyed image cuts off part of the cowl.  :blush:

Every single night at 3am, Jake wakes me up cause he has to pee. Sometimes I don't go back to bed right away like I should. I see the laptop and it calls to me. :ROLF:

:ExcitedSmiley: oh my gosh, I knew I had some projects on the go but I couldn't find all of them. :penguin03:I found them today when I was looking for something totally unrelated to Sims.

I had a dental appointment on Monday and I was not expecting them to do what they did. I was supposed to have impressions done for my new dentures, but instead they filled 2 cavities. No big deal right? Yeah, it turned into a really big deal. She drilled pretty far under my gumline, and she drilled a long time on each tooth. For some reason, possibly where the cavities were located, the noise from the drill made my ears just scream in agony. By the time both cavities were filled, I was in the beginnings of a bad migraine. I barely made it home before collapsing. I am very noise and movement sensitive when I have a migraine. It's taken me almost 3 days to recover from that migraine. I cannot eat when I have one so now I am trying to get my blood sugar back under control yet again.

So I had a production interruption which just delays my uploads. By the time I finish in PaintShopPro9 and Body Shop, I should have enough outfits to upload one every day for at least a month. They range from child to teen to adult. Oh wait, I think there are some toddlers in there too, I just might have all the bases covered.

Just a lil teaser. Jake got me up at 3am as usual and I didn't go right back to bed like I should have. Skell made the cutest sailor dress for our little girls and I just happened to have some nautical patterns. :grin:

fakepeeps at MTS made a darling school dress for our little girls and of course I'm experimenting. ` The first picture is the original creations.

Originals.png

This next picture is me experimenting to see if co-ordinating patterns will look ok on the school dress. I thought the anchor patterns were really cute on the sailor dress.

Emily and Molly.png