UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Mission Mouse

MissionMouse-Update

Oh wow, I totally love * Corel PaintShop Pro 2018*

Now that I've got a few things figured out, it really is much more user friendly except for burying the *undo* button.

I do a lot of cutting and pasting and it's kinda cool with this new version. Then again it might have been in the old one but I never played around with it to see. This one is just clearer for my poor old eyes.

Plus when you are cutting and pasting, if you select what type you are working on, like a square or rectangle, it automatically selects the square I want or the rectangle when there is just a portion of it and then I can paste that square or rectangle where I want it. I don't have to go around the image anymore. Now I'm not saying that wasn't available on the previous version, because I never tried it and I'm not sure what made me try it with this version.

:insane: I am in the process of still finding patterns. It's amazing the sheer number of patterns I have downloaded in recent days. Plus I am also much better now at placing them in categories. The ones I named *Fleur* are just one colour that was available, the ones I named *Floral* have the same pattern in various colours, and then there are my *Sets*. Most of them are co-ordinating patterns, but some patterns I have paired up with linens. The trick is to find a pattern that repeats and then to download the right size. If I just download  the image directly from the page I get size 173X173, which means a lot of copying and pasting, but if I click on the pattern image I get size 470X470 (usually, not always) and once I copy and paste that into a 1024X1024 blank template I may wind up having to resize it to a 512X512.

Then there are patterns that I named in honour of my beloved departed pets and one set I named after my beloved Aunt Viola. Others are self explanatory, like the musical notes, swirls, plaids, chevrons, argyles, houndstooth, and tweeds. I even have some cat ones and some I picked specifically for toddlers and children.

:smiley: I am actually having as much fun making patterns as I have when I recolour something. I think the older I am getting, the weirder I am getting. :hmm:

I cannot believe how many patterns I found. :55: Thing is I still have so many to make because I looked through my projects files and had a yearning to try and recolour Wood for Sims Bavarian Set and SimPlanX-ShabbyChic Set. Neither one is a small endeavor either.

I have close to 100 patterns that I am in the process of making because I just love them so much. I've already made close to 500 but I'm not finished making the ones I fell in love with yet. I'm working on a huge pattern collection so I can use different patterns for lots of stuff. My organization of my new patterns is also going very well. It actually makes it easier for me to decide what I want to use when I am recolouring something.

I've been concentrating on rebuilding my pattern files and am surprised by the number of patterns I have finished and also accumulated. I have some amazing plaids, tweeds, and houndstooth, which I think will be great on some outerwear coats. I did find most of my old knit patterns. I found a ton of coordinating polka dot patterns and just coordinating patterns as well. I love using those patterns for skirts with jackets (blazers) and I made some linens match up with some patterns to give me more of a variety for those kinds of suits. Some plaids will go wonderfully with some linens for a man's casual suit jacket with pants. Plaid suit jacket, and linen pants.

And this is where being a Virgo has some disadvantages....The Sims2 Ultimate Collection from Child up to Elder uses 512 X 512 patterns and the Toddler and Infant use a mixture of 512 X 512, and 256 X 256 patterns. SimPe seems to stick with 1024 X1024 patterns and Sims4 uses 1024 X 2048 patterns. The Sims4 size is really weird in that only the bottom half of the section is the actual pattern, the top half is always blank. Since I have to see the actual pattern I am working with, this means I have to have 3 different sizes of the same patterns. So I have 3 folders, one for each size. Also one cannot simply resize a pattern for each category or the dimensions of the actual pattern become distorted so I had to find a way to insure that each pattern maintained the original size of the design and yet be the correct measurement for each item. I did find a solution that works for me but it is time consuming which explains why it is taking me such a long time to get things done. I make all my patterns 1024X1024 and then use templates to make the 512X512 and 1024X2048 patterns.

I have close to 6000 patterns and am probably only a quarter of the way through all the patterns I have downloaded.

I went into SimPE and realized that I've forgotten how to use it.....:blush: So I did some research and am trying to decide what do do next. I still have some outfits to finish up and still a ton of new patterns to make. At this time of the year I struggle with SAD- Seasonal Affective Disorder which tends to interfere with my creative interests. My focus and ability to concentrate are somewhat limited, but I am trying to do some creating everyday. I try and spend at least a bit of time outside to get some sunlight which is supposed to help lessen the symptoms.

I totally HAVE to learn how to shoe swap because I have found 3 awesome shoes that I want to use. You already know about the Cat Flats but there are 2 more shoes I just adore.

JazzShoes.png

tumblr_p76x8wxNS51vs965xo1_500.png

:insane: I have studied the tutorials from MTS and apparently I need milkshape. I watched a video on you tube and it was just awful, she kept clicking in and out of places without an explanation of why. This is NOT going to be easy at all. So if I can actually master this there are just so many outfits I want to show-swap. :construction:

:blush: Well!! My first few attempts did not go well so I set aside the shoe swapping thing for a time. I am still making new patterns, I have not forgotten anyone. Real life has dealt us some challenges and I've had to do a lot of research to understand them.

I have some patterns that I think will work beautifully with some Sims4 projects, but please keep in mind since it is our policy to include the mesh with the downloads it will NOT be possible for me to recolour anything for the Sims4 that is CC. Unfortunately as well, since my time has become somewhat limited I cannot take any requests.

Jakey sends everyone lots and lots of puppy kisses and his special snuggles. He also volunteers to steal anyone's pillows for some belly rubs, ear scritches and back massages. He has such a difficult life...:slapLaugh:

So after a lot of confusion on my part, I finally made something for Sims4. This is just the first recolour, I still have more to go.

Image1.png

This is the robe that came with Glamour and it's in the *sleep* section....all the robes in the game are a solid colour, I wanted more of a selection.

Ugh...there are so many outfits I want to do but they are not in-game ones. So does anyone object if I upload the ones I've been working on with a link to the mesh?

There are so many pretty outfits I have seen and so many that are not so scanty. It's my age again, I just don't care for mini skirts on the adults and elder women. That is not a negative comment directed at ANY creator, it is merely a reflection of MY personal tastes. In my teens and early 20's I most certainly did wear mini skirts. I even wore a bikini, although only twice because it made me too self-conscious. So most of the CC items I will upload will be on the modest end.

There's nothing wrong with having a modest taste in clothing..I worry that many young girls look at the scanty outfits whether in game or in real life and then when they try to wear them and don't look like the pictures, they will have a low body image..Most if not all of those outfits do not work for the majority of real life people..and the pressure to wear them any way results in discomfort and sometimes moral danger..I was a teen in the eighties and although we had the tight and skimpy outfits, we also had a choice to dress more in the 'Valley girl' style with the high neck victorian style blouses and the longer ruffled skirts usually paired with some boots! That was my style until I moved to a bigger city and my older sister insisted I wear what the city kids were wearing..(what they call skinny jeans nowadays, with high heels and layered t-shirts (like flashdance)...I noticed with the change in clothing style came a tougher attitude which got me in trouble a lot! I went from geeky princess to tough class clown/party girl. It was not my most shining time in life! Thank God I came to my senses, got married after high school and got busy with my little family and some odd jobs here and there etc..real life stuff.

The pretty modest clothing you make is such a breath of fresh air..I just love them!

I often come across clothing that makes me go  :confused22:

In Sims4 with the Seasons game is a lovely sweater dress. Upon closer inspection there is a *button* used as a decorative type brooch or pin or whatever they classify it as. Yeah, I accessorize my outfits by pinning a button on them----said NO woman ever! 

After a lot of tweaks I came up with a *real* piece of jewelry.....

Image1.png