• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
Mission Mouse

Bit of a Bump in the Road

So we had a vet appointment for Jake last week and because he is now considered a senior he needed some extra blood tests. It turns out Jake has tested positive for lyme disease and ehrlichia, another tick disease. This just shocked us because other than our recent trip to Dave's sister, Jake has not set foot off our property.

We go back to the vet tomorrow and he's getting a thorough going over, more tests and possibly some medications, plus we have to take in his morning urine to test for proteins. Since we can only assume that the ticks must have been in our back yard, this means I also have to see my family Dr. I did my research and only 5-10% of dogs actually go on to develop full blown lyme disease. Just being bitten does not mean he'll automatically have the disease, but he will most likely test positive for the rest of his life. He'll also need to see the vet every 6 months from now on.

This has thrown me for a bit of a loop which is why I haven't been here for a bit. Sorry about that, but family comes first.

• Like 2

So....he had a slight fever and 3 lymph nodes are slightly swollen. That means this Monday we are back at the vets again. If he still has both fever and the swollen lymph nodes, he'll be going on medication for the rest of his life. The vet said the cost can add up, to which Dave replied, "Don't care, we'll pay whatever it costs." (gotta love that man) Dave is shaken up quite a bit by all of this and he's snapping at everyone, they just don't know why. Me? I'm not snapping, but if you get me at the wrong time, I am crying. If you get me at the right time, I'm praying.

:Thank_you: for your prayers.

Oh my, gotta tell you all this, while at the vet's, we saw the most adorable baby Cocker Spaniel. He's a blonde one, but he was so freaking cuddly!!

• Like 2

Oh, I'm so sorry Karen.  My prayers are with Jake, you and Dave.

• Like 3

Apparently when a dog tests positive for lyme disease it gets reported somewhere. I did not know that, but in a close by city there is an excellent veterinary college. I think it's possible that's where the reports go.

I was told to watch for any unusual signs but I'm not sure how unusual this one is...Jake is wanting to be picked up and cuddled more than usual. He's eating well, drinking normally and is just as active as always. So I'm just not sure if all these extra demands for cuddling (which I happily indulge in) is something to be concerned about.

A couple of weeks ago I had yet another tooth pulled. It had developed an abscess. Guess what?!  Yet another tooth has developed an abscess. I went back to the dentist, got some antibiotics and have an appointment to get this one pulled as well. The dentist plans to remove all of my back teeth because of these abscesses. They better knock me out for that! They took a lot of x-rays and found that on those back teeth, there are cavities, but the cavities are below the gum line and the dentist thinks that is where the infections are starting. No one told me that diabetes can cause tooth loss.

• Like 1

I am sorry to hear about your problems with your teeths. It's so tiring to have trouble with the teeths all the time. I have two teeth in the lower jaw that has cavities beneath them and I use some very small brushes to clean the cavity. I had a tooth in the upper jaw that the dentist had to pull out because it was not possible to save it because of the cavity. It was completely loose. I go to the dental hygienist 1-2 times a year and it helps a lot. 

This is the smallest brushes I use especially for the cavities. They are called interdental brush and these are 0,4 mm. I have 5 different sizes of small interdental brushes that I use and of course also a regular toothbrush. If you don't see the pic click on it and it will show. I am having trouble with the photobucket account and I don't know what to do about it.

Edit: I have started a TinyPic account, not working good for now but at least I will be able to show pics.

30a3tb9.jpg

• Like 2

Wow, side effects of this antibiotic=massive headaches and extreme tiredness. Two days after starting them, my face started swelling up. Back I go to the dentist, they drained the infection as best they could since freezing didn't work. And yes, I cried---A LOT! It really hurt. :( I've been icing my face to help the swelling and am still taking the antibiotics. Hopefully the freezing will take when they go to yank the tooth. If it doesn't take, that tooth is not coming out! IF they completely knock me out, then they can extract the tooth.

I'm almost ready for them to take all my teeth, this one at a time thing is for the birds.

• Like 2