UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
RubberMan

Ever cooked 70 chickens?

My first day off in ages and I got to cook 70 chickens and half a wedding cake lmao. I think I would have preferred plastering.....

If you ever get married don't volunteer to do your own catering haha!!

I think your chicken probably taste better than the one from the catering. Homecooked is the best. :)

When I was a member of a medieval reenactment society we sometimes had events on weekends and then there could be 40-60 people who needed food from Friday evening to Sunday lunch. The dinner was a banquet with 3 entrees, 3 hot dishes and 3 desserts. My task was to cook the meals the kitchen with the help of 1-2 people and that was where I spent the whole weekend with cooking before and cleaning off after each meal.

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding.  I hope you and yours have a long happy life together. :flowerssmiley:

Back to the original question, Never cooked 70 chickens.  I did help feed the volunteers and staff at a park event once.

Prepared bread for about 30 in "Dutch" ovens, and cooked soup for the same over an open campfire. Lots of shoveling of ashes & coals. But nobody left hungry.

Well. They all got eaten lol. Plus all the other stuff >.< Made a 3 tier cake as well and it all went down well :)

Our nephew got married on Saturday. I didn't go as there were too many people and it was outside. Can't handle being outside where there isn't somewhere for me to feel safe and more than 5 people is just too many people for me. Anyway, sister-in-law sent leftovers home with Dave, apparently 40 people who said they'd be there didn't bother showing up.

I have to say after eating some of those leftovers, they probably should have asked Simon to cater. The scalloped potatoes were not fully cooked....pork was more fat than meat....roast beef was really, really chewy. Jake is gonna have a feast all week long. Now the coleslaw was awesome!!