UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!

I'm still in the learning process but I kinda have Homecrafter figured out. I present my very first wall and floor!

Wall-001.png

OK, the floor sucks so I made a matching one. I now know how to make a variety of walls and have templates for wainscotting, crown molding with matching baseboards and sometimes floors to match the walls. I know how to make the walls and floors seamless too. Now I am wondering why it took me until now to try HomeCrafter. Possibly that whole *seamless* thing might have scared me off.

:ROLF: Plus I found out I am just as bad for making as many walls, as I do with recolouring clothing and furniture, I have around 500 patterns to use just for walls. :ROLF:

If Rebecah had not taken the time to teach me how to recolour a painting I have no idea how I would fill my time. I can't believe I now know how to recolour furniture, clothing and now make walls and floors. It's all so very wonderful because I never believed I could learn to do any of this. Even though I am learning new stuff I still have no desire to lean how to recolour hair, or make make-up or learn skin toning. There are already so many beyond gorgeous recolours of those things and those things I prefer to download. The desire to learn meshing still doesn't interest me and I doubt that will change.

All I am doing right now is reducing my download files by removing the small ones that had 5 recolours in them and just keeping the mesh file and the file that has all the recolours. I'm not sure how effective this is but any future files I upload will be on SimsFileShare. I have 11 pages of downloads and it will take me forever to move them to SimsFileShare so I'm hoping that what I am doing now will be sufficient. We have snow here and every half hour Jake wants to go out and roll in it so I'm being constantly interrupted. Jake hasn't the sense to come in when he should because his back feet cannot tolerate the cold and he won't leave his boots on. That means when he goes out so do I.

You can just ask Rebecah what she wants you to do or go ahead and move them if you want. Anything you upload from here on in should go to SimsFileShare.

I do think it would be helpful to move some to SimsFileShare.  The server is going to run the test today to see if we are still overloading their server.  I'm sure anything we can do to reduce the load would be beneficial.  I am going to start by moving my Sims 3 files, then Sims 4.  I've been testing them before I move them and have found some just no longer work.  Now I'm a bit sidetracked trying to find the things needed to fix them...if possible.  I kinda forgot how to do these things.  

I do think any new creations should be put on SimsFileShare...I love the whole idea of this file share option.  Like Mission Mouse I can't see any downside to doing this.

I made Green Eggs and Ham as a matching wall and floor and I really did upload it. :ROLF: I totally do NOT expect anyone to actually use it, I just did it for a laugh. After I finished that set and got it uploaded I started thinking about why I never learned how to do any of this when the game first came out. I was too terrified to try in case I just couldn't grasp the concept. Then I had an epiphany of sorts and realized that had I learned how to do this way back when I may not have found my niche here, so it worked out the way God intended it to from the beginning. 

I'm having just as much fun doing wall and floors and find that my mind is working overtime on thinking of all the ways I can use the patterns I downloaded. I found so may awesome patterns, a laundry room one, a sewing room one, tons of farm ones for a country kitchen, perfect ones for babies and toddlers....I even found a couple of patterns that I can greyscale and use as a base to make tile floors with a colour that matches the wall pattern I choose. The only one I can't seem to find that appeals to me is one for a study or reading room, so I'm off to search for one.

I found so many more patterns, damask, toile, children's,  far more than I'd probably ever have time to make, but I grabbed them anyway. I even got some just for a giggle or two. I even found some really pretty ceiling tiles. The hardest colour to find is red. It's either too bright or too dark or looks like it should be in those *houses* in Nevada. I got a couple of designs that claim to be William Morris and I will make them, I just find his designs to be way to busy. Now I am looking for some cherry wood for crown molding and baseboards. I rather like the look as I think it gives the walls a classy finish. So I have lots and lots of patterns and I even found some nice plain patterns, but with a bit of a texture to them. I think that might give a wall a wee bit more definition. I think her first name was Judi, at TSR, but she made the most beautiful walls and may of them had gorgeous matching floors. The only patterns I just could not bring myself to get where Art Deco ones. I really dislike that style and I don't think I would enjoy working with it.