UA-38832503-1 Jump to content

Has anyone else had problems loading Sims4? Both Michael and I had to do all these steps to get it to load after the Origin and Windows update.

So I got the game working again but now I have a new problem. The game runs fine with some CC, but Sims4Studio doesn't recognize ANY CC. I have already uninstalled the old program and installed the new one and done the restart but nothing fixes this problem. I'm not going to do anything else with it until I get Seasons installed.

I haven't had any problems with loading TS4 since the last update..but I still can't load TS2 UC! (Can't recall exactly when that started, but it's been awhile now.

MM: That's probably a wise decision to wait until after the new install of 'Seasons'.

So far the only S4 add-on I didn't buy was the 'My first pets stuff'..I just didn't see anything worthwhile about that one..I think it's a shame the ability for sims to interact with a rodent-type pet was not included in the first place..not to mention rodents and reptiles out in the world. Since I mostly enjoy decor items anyway..that pack just didn't appeal to me as far as new buy/build items..I hope 'Seasons' brings more of everything in order to justify the high price tag. :hmm:I guess we'll find out soon. BTW: I didn't pre-order 'Seasons'.

*EDIT*

As soon as I finished this post I went and pre-ordered 'Seasons'..Honestly, I am not a person who likes to shop or spend money frivolously but when it comes to 'The Sims'..I dunno what's wrong with me! :insane:

Oh, and there was yet another Origin update today..so I hope my game still works too. :blank2:

*Another EDIT*

Oh Brother :1doh1:

After the update ?finished? I tried to start the game but got the message that it needed an update..I clicked on *update game* in the launcher..it said that the file was missing! :scare3:

I was given the option to "choose another file" on that error message box, so

I selected the 'installation file' and then the update seemed to have started..but not really..It said the update was "in queue"..and if I cancel the update the game will not play without it..it will not give the option to play without updating.

:confused22:

I've tried closing and restarting Origin..but now it says "login not available at this time" over and over again..But if I open my TS3 game I am still logged in and it will even load the game!

Now it appears I cannot play the (TS4) game at all! :mad:

I am seriously debating cancelling/returning my order..or should I wait until launch day and hope for the best? I know the return policy allows for 24 hours after first launch.

*Final Edit*:embarrassed:

I guess it was just an incredibly long update..All's well!  :carryonsmiley: :blank2:

Uninstall *Origin* then get the latest Origin and install it. That seems to be the best solution for all those having problems. Also remember to remove ALL installed mods before you make any changes. It is unfortunate that Seasons seems to have borked a great deal of CC.

I tried all the other suggestions but Uninstalling and getting the latest version of Origin and installing that one was the only fix that worked for me. Not much new in the way of outerwear in the game, so far I can only find a jacket.....*sigh*

Boy oh boy.....for whatever reason Sims4 Studio just didn't like me and wouldn't show any Season's content, even after I updated it. I ended up having to restart my computer and then had my mind BLOWN by some of the cutest outfits I've seen in a long time. I'm in the mood to do some Sims4 outfits, getting a bit bored with Sims2 and need a break. {Not to worry Lach :icon_hug:}

I am working on some game content so no meshes will be needed. However I still have that one problem, all the patterns I want to use on an outfit. :slapLaugh: That merge tool in Sims4Studio is awesome!!

I have faith in you, MM..I'm sure, thanks to you, we will soon have some pretty clothes (and furniture?) for your simmies in TS4! :happyhappy:

:icon_hug:

Currently working on outfits from Seasons for children and toddlers. I think I am way too weird because I looked for and found patterns pertaining to rain and lightening for the raincoats. It makes perfect sense to me.

On 7/9/2018 at 2:44 AM, Mission Mouse said:

Currently working on outfits from Seasons for children and toddlers. I think I am way too weird because I looked for and found patterns pertaining to rain and lightening for the raincoats. It makes perfect sense to me.

Me too!

And I'm not even weird. :laugh1:

On 7/23/2018 at 7:39 PM, Mission Mouse said:

:ROLF: Lisa, I so needed that laugh. :Thank_you:

Yep..I thought you might..so I delivered! :blank2: