UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Mission Mouse

Do Not Try This

I accidentally spilled boiling water on myself, it has not been a fun experience at all. :scare3: My left knee and my abdomen are a sight to behold! However it is not a sight I shall share--:o It is true that a burn is very painful :29cw6j4_th.jpg:<done a lot of that. It's also been very difficult to sleep because nothing can touch those areas or it makes me scream. The slightest pressure on those areas is just unbearable. So a sheet or a blanket resting on me is a feat to get right so it's not on those areas.

I have also learned that it is possible to cry your head off while a dog tries to wipe the tears away at the same time. In fact that has been the least difficult part so far. At one point Jake was a bit overwhelmed trying to keep up so he snuggled in under my neck and whimpered. All I can do now is keep an eye on the burns and make sure they don't get infected.

Thankfully the cup with the boiling water didn't spill on my laptop, now that would have been a disaster!! :noddingSmiley:

That is really bad. I know how it can hurt just with a small  wound. I hope you will get better soon.

We used something here called *Solarcaine*  It made a lovely looking blister, which eventually drained. Then it started to dry out and that itch was :scare3:

Then I used *Udder Cream* which was originally made for use on cows but has since been adapted for use on people. This cream is absolutely great, it's not greasy and has almost instantaneous results. It actually works on dry feet better than foot cream. Now I just have this bright red design on my abdomen that really clashes with my ghost white skin. :ROLF:

The strange part is that that area is still very tender.