UA-38832503-1 Jump to content

I signed it. I just don't understand why they are no longer offering this download? Since EA is using Origin to store and launch all kinds of games anyway. As we all know by now, that is the trend for the future (and is now) that people are no longer buying or using physical copies of PC games. So some people who have had to replace older PCs are finding that many new machines don't even have optical disk drives, and they could at least get this download of their Sims 2 game installed on their new computer. :scare3:

9 hours ago, NeverForsaken said:

I just don't understand why they are no longer offering this download? Since EA is using Origin to store and launch all kinds of games anyway. As we all know by now, that is the trend for the future (and is now) that people are no longer buying or using physical copies of PC games. So some people who have had to replace older PCs are finding that many new machines don't even have optical disk drives, and they could at least get this download of their Sims 2 game installed on their new computer. :scare3:

I can not understand either! Are the just "jealous" because Sims 2 are still so popular? I admit Sims 3 and 4 are fun to play, but sims 2 are still the better planned and programmed game.

On 11/1/2018 at 4:43 AM, MaAlet said:

I can not understand either! Are the just "jealous" because Sims 2 are still so popular? I admit Sims 3 and 4 are fun to play, but sims 2 are still the better planned and programmed game.

that could certainly be the case..It is most likely money-motivated. A push to invest in the new games since they are finished profiting from the old ones. Don't get me wrong, a company needs to make a profit..but I believe that is being achieved with the new game already. It is sad. I wonder if it is because EA doesn't have /want to be responsible to keep someone on the other end of the game to help people with downloading and maintaining the game?

14 hours ago, NeverForsaken said:

I wonder if it is because EA doesn't have /want to be responsible to keep someone on the other end of the game to help people with downloading and maintaining the game?

Good point! that may well be. The game is still in my Game Library - do not know if it's still downloadable though. Will have to try.

I keep trying to start mine, but it will not work.

I have the discs, but I'm missing a few stuff packs..I think only a couple that came with UC.

Been playing sims 4 once in awhile instead..Sims 3 got too laggy to play anymore. (I do miss the horses!) 

Speaking of horses..I bought a lifetime membership to Star Stables! I am loving that game, though I prefer to keep to myself. Maybe once I learn the game better that will change. I hope to always have my dear friends on here, regardless what we are playing! 

:Flutterby:

I still have the Sims 2 installed on my pc but I never play it anymore. Instead I play sims 4 with my grandkids and build a house no and then. Star Stable i so fun. I bought a lifetime membership there just before summer and I enjoy it so much. I am member of a group that is not so serious as most of the other groups are and they are also a bit older although I am the oldest. It was convenient for me because then others stop asking me to join their group. I am mostly by myself and meet the others maybe once a week or less. AF is still a place I visit mostly everyday to see what everyone are doing, and it is fun to still be in contact. :love:

6 hours ago, Marbi said:

Star Stable i so fun.

I don't know the game. I'll Google it :) Maybe some day I'll join you :sunnydaysmiley:

That would be fun if it was possible. :love: I think different countries have different servers they are on and also inside the country there a lot of different ones. The server I am on is called Icecream Jungle. I also have an Instagram account for pictures from the game. You can have a look if you want to. Search for #blankawoodmountain - that is what I call myself in the game - Blanka Woodmountain.