• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
TheNinthWave

How to give your NPCs a complete makeover!

TheNinthWave    156

This tutorial will teach you how to give your NPCs any hairstyle and clothing, skintone or whatever you want! custom or not! (except they have to have a full outfit, tops and bottoms will not work).

You will need the latest version of SimPe found Here

I reccomend having the University expansion pack as well. It's not neccesary, but it helps out if you want your adult NPCs to have a different uniform and still look like adults. If your NPC is an elder already, you can make them have a different outfit by making them an adult. This tutorial also works with Townies you use the same exact method.

For this tutorial we will be making over the female maids.

Posted Image

Firstly open up your game, go into a Univesity neighborhood and create a sim. Make this sim however you want them to look. Give them a name you will remember. Anything custom is fine. But make sure you don't give your sim seperate outfits, only whole outfits. Only worry about their everyday outfit. Give your sim an aspiration and turn ons and turn offs. Accept family. Be sure there is only one sim in your family. When you get to neighborhood mode leave the sim in the sim bin, and exit your game.

Open SimPe

Posted Image

When you get to SimPe click on tools: Neighborhood: Neighborhod Browser

Posted Image

Click on the neighborhood you made this sim in and click on open. Wait for it to load everything til the green progress bar at the bottom goes away.

Posted Image

When that is done click on tools: Neighborhood: Sim Browser

Posted Image

Make sure you tick the box for NPCs and untick the box for playable

Posted Image

Scroll down til you see the female maids. If they are blank their names are Lucy Hanby and Kaylynn Langerak. Remember or write down those names. Close the sim browser.

Posted Image

Now click on Tools: Neighborhood: Sim Surgery

Posted Image

Now scroll down the list til you find Lucy Hanby

Posted Image

Place her in the Paitent Sim box by selecting her and then selecting the use button.

Posted Image

Now find your sim you made earlier in your game and place her in the archetype sim box by selecting the use button. The names are in alphebetical order with the first name first.

Posted Image

Click on Surgery

Posted Image

At the bottom click on University

Posted Image

Check the box for lives on campus (is young adult) click commit then file: save

Repeat this for Kaylynn

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

close SimPE and open your game. Call for a maid. If you get a male maid say you would not like them to be your maid, and try again til you get a female maid. When she comes you should see your brand new NPC replacement!

• Like 4

Aloha Kay    10

I just now saw this tutorial! This is fantastic and looks so easy! I do have a couple of questions however . . . what if the sim you want to make over is a teen or a child? Also do you know how to simply change the skintone of a sim? I have a sim that I accidentally created with the wrong skin and I would really love how to fix that. :smiley:

Thanks so much Nineth! You rock!

• Like 2

TheNinthWave    156

If you want to just change the skintone, then you should select the option for skintone only. If you want to makeover a teen or child, they have to be from another teen or child. You use the same method for making over a teen or a child, except you create the sim in CAS screen instead of YACAS. So no need to go to the University in SimPe just click surgery, commit and your done for teens and kids. Also this tutorial is not meant to be used on playable characters you may be able to, but the way I always did it, it was for NPCs and townies only. I hope that helped. :dancing smiley: 

• Like 3

Marbi    6,252

It is easy to copy this "how to" description of texts and pics to a word document and then you can convert it to a PDF if you want to.

• Like 3

ranabluu    134

@Nonni yes I am attempting to give back to the community but I need black and white instead of digital.  I found some on other sites but this one has pictures and step by step.

@Marbi yes that is what I would to convert it over I was asking to see if it was already done before I did it.

I could have just printed it out but my printer ink took a dirt name.  So I was saving everything on a disc and using the governments ink.  The pictures don't always show up at work and they have "gaming" sites blocked.  Thanks for all the help.

• Like 5

RubberMan    1,327

Got it working!! Also you can change the dumb names for the NPC's. I made a family of 8. Dropped out of game and then just replaced the ugly dudes with my new sexy looking ones :D

• Like 3