UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Nonni

Creating Your Userstartup.cheat

CindaLove posted this Here

Wow Nonni, I didn't know there was a startup cheat for the Sims 2! Where have I been? LOL You're gonna have let me in on this one!

But I thought I would put the answer in this forum.

There is an explanation/instructions for creating your own customized userstartup.cheat here.

There may be more up-to-date information elsewhere, but I think this will work. It is what I have done.

Here is a list of what I have in mine, the link at MTS does not give you many of the options.

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp ShowCatalogePFlags true
boolprop PetActionCancel on
boolProp controlpets on
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
uintProp MusicVolume 20
uintProp maxTotalSims 50
uintProp maxTotalHumans 35
uintProp maxTotalPets 15
floatProp tvVolume 0.2
alias 4 "motherlode" "50,000 Simoleons" "Motherlode"
alias mon "moveObjects on" "Move Objects On" "Move Objects On"
alias mof "moveObjects off" "Move Objects Off" "Move Objects Off"
alias snf "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "snap to grid = no" "snap to grid = no"
alias snt "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "snap to grid = yes" "snap to grid = yes"
alias floorf "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Floors Weird" "Floors weird"
alias floort "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Floors normal" "Floors normal"
alias boot "boolprop testingcheatsenabled true" "Debug on" "Debug on"
alias boof "boolprop testingcheatsenabled false" "Debug off" "Debug off"
alias pon "plumbbobtoggle on" "Plumbbob on" "plumbbob on"
alias pof "plumbbobtoggle off" "Plumbbob off" "plumbbob off"

Thanks Nonni and Rebecah! I love the boolProp cheat and others and I use them quite often, but it's such a drag to type them all in!

:cool:

Guest Heather

I must not be doing something right. Beck I copied what you posted but it says "ERROR TSCheatSystem: ERROR IN CHEAT: Unknown command
      in command... (which ever one I try) OnErrorClearParserTempState called.  with command...(alias) " :police:

What are you typing when you use one of the aliases?  You should type mon for move objects on or pof for plumbbobtoggle off...the alias is a shorted version of the lengthy cheat.

Guest Heather

I was typeing mon for move objects on..... 4 for the motherlode one like you have it...I even copied the aliases from the notepad to make sure I was typing it right still got the error.

I have it placed in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Config  and its called "userstartup.cheat" ... the increase number of sims works so its puzzling why the rest dont.

I haven't tried it in a clean game but I wouldn't think that would matter

The only thing I can think of is that you don't have all the expansions.  It sounds like you have everything right.

This also, would not require a clean game to work.

Guest Heather

I finally got it figured out even though I used notepad it still added .txt to the end (so it was userstartup.cheat.txt) and I didn't realize it at first where windows was hiding common file extensions.... I removed the .txt and it works now

Ah yes, I don't hide my file extensions, because it can cause problems like that.  I'm so glad you figured that out, and reported it as this could happen to others as well.

Guest Heather

I don't normally have hide mine either.. but after windows crashed I forgot to make sure that option was turned off

Because I am so lazy my user startup cheats look like this:

boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true
boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true
boolprop ShowCatalogEPFlags true
boolprop controlPets on

#------------------------------------------------------------------
# Cheat Aliases (Alium?)
#------------------------------------------------------------------

alias m "moveObjects on" "Move Objects On" "Move Objects On"
alias m- "moveObjects off" "Move Objects Off" "Move Objects Off"

alias s "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false" "snap to grid = no" "snap to grid = no"
alias s- "boolProp snapObjectsToGrid true" "snap to grid = yes" "snap to grid = yes"

alias f "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Floors Weird" "Floors weird"
alias f- "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Floors normal" "Floors normal"

alias t "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true" "testing cheats on" "testing cheats on"
alias t- "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false" "testing cheats off" "testing cheats off"

alias p "plumbbobtoggle"

alias h "showheadlines off"
alias h- "showheadlines on"

Guest Heather

does having a - work? I would think it would mess up the game by using those

shouldn't the last ones be

alias p "plumbbobtoggle on" "Plumbbob on" "plumbbob on"
alias p- "plumbbobtoggle off" "Plumbbob off" "plumbbob off" (if the "-" doesn't mess things up that is)

alias h "showheadlines off" "headlines off" "headlines off"
alias h- "showheadlines on" "headlines on" "headlines on"

one thing I noticed last night after I got my userstartup cheat working is that in the game bring up the bar to type the cheats (ctrl+shift+c) then type "help" it will show the list of the cheats and your alias should be listed among them (they wasn't there when I  was getting the error messages)...... so If they are there your userstartup.cheat is working/installed correctly ... if they are not there something is wrong

I do not know about that, I just copied exactly my startup cheat from Config.

I will go in game and test. Thanks, sweetie.

Guest Heather

there is a lot of things about the game I don't yet so I could be wrong

Well, I tested both and didn't seem to matter. When I want plumbbob off it ctrl+shift+C and type in 'p'.

The headlines off works with 'h' and if I want them on '-h' works.

Technically, your way is proper and is less confusing to folks. That is the way it should be done.

Someone gave me theirs a long, long time ago and I just added a few things. It has worked great for me but I don't guarantee how it would work in every ones game. There are just too many variables to make guarantees, doncha know? :cheesy:

I am so confused :insane:  I get what some of these cheats are for, but not others. Where do I find these cheats and what they do?

Plus, where do you put these cheats? I see that you type things on notepad, but then where does that go? My brain is just spinning. I'm sorry I just can't seem to understand this :shocked:  If you have these in your game how do you turn them on and off? Do you leave some of them on all the time and others off?

I honestly do not know if I will ever understand all of this. :(

Great topic!  But Karen's comment is sadly true--if you're going to share your favorite Cheats that you prefer to have in your Sims game, then a quick explanation of at least the more esoteric ones on your list will help out.

For instance the "boolprop ShowCatalogEPFlags", "boolprop controlPets" and "boolprop constrainFloorElevation" are cheats that I have NO idea what they're for nor how to use them...

8)

I really thought they were pretty self explanatory, but ya know there is this search thing called Google that will give you the answers...right?   :grin:  I could not remember what boolprop constrainFloorElevation was myself so I had to do a search to find it.   :ROLF: Google can be a great friend, but we are also always happy to try to help out.

boolprop constrainFloorElevation - When true, terrain can be changed even when objects are on it.  It also allows you to change elevation of floor tiles.

boolprop controlPets allows ya to control your pets.

boolprop ShowCatalogEPFlags shows the expansion in the catalog that that object was released with, something very helpful to creators.  It's the pink lettering. 

post-12-0-64999000-1392466466_thumb.jpg

Karen I leave the cheats in my startup list on all the time.  The testing cheats enabled is really a must for me, don't believe all those people that tell you that you shouldn't leave it on, it really is best to leave it on.

To understand an alias please read the link that Nonni posted and here it is again...http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=84924

Some cheats may be turned off in game and some can't...many of the boolprop type are only useable through the startup cheat.

Here is a list of cheats and what they do:  http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/914811-the-sims-2/cheats

List of build cheats:  http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_build_cheats

List of game play cheats:  http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_gameplay_cheats

Another link that lists various types of cheats and explains what cheats are.  http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Search?search=cheats&fulltext=Search&ns0=1&ns112=1&ns114=1

The testing cheats enabled is really a must for me, don't believe all those people that tell you that you shouldn't leave it on, it really is best to leave it on.

I agree, mine is never turned off.

Thanks for the links, Beck! :smiley:

:ROLF: I bookmarked every one of those links. I'm going to copy and paste the information into Word and then print it off. I remembered that somewhere I have tutorials on how to build things, and one was how to build a split-level house with the garage attached to the foundation.

There was this guy who I cannot remember his name, but he did awesome tutorials complete with pictures. I think his name was Mike, but I'm not positive. I'm not even sure what the web site was anymore.

So many sites are gone :cry:

I'm actually supposed to be working on that quilt right now :ROLF: