UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Nonni

What's Happening In Your Sims 3 Game?

The family I am currently playing has a butler. They recently built a swimming pool. Now their butler goes around dressed like this:

butler001_zps363ba1c8.png

Gnome-antics

Well, so I'm trying out  Sims 3 again, since everybody is apparently enjoying the game now - and I'm having fun with the gnomes! 

While my sim was trying to figure out what to do with the inventing bench "PLOP" suddenly there's a  gnome on the bench.   

I named him Leon. He is quite a lazy little critter, most of the time I find him sleeping somewhere, sucking his thumb.  :o

Leon_zps23cf760b.jpg

Then one day my sim discover another gnome in the garden. At first I though Leon had a change of clothes but, no this was a different gnome. He's named Martin. Martin is a very active gnome, he's seldom in the same spot for more than a day.  :shocked:

Martin_zpsf0beb331.jpg

A week ago, another gnome appears out of nowhere while my sim was doing the laundry. This one is a Laundry Gnome, and the name Laundry seemed logical.  :P

Teddy_zps69990b40.jpg

Today a new  gnome pop up: the Inventing Robot Gnome and "she" came with a name: Lindy. She looks  as if she's going to be very active too.  :cool2:

Lindy_zps0acf6d3f.jpg

So far all their escapades are funny but if this popping up of gnomes are to continue it may get annoying.  :think5:

I have so many gnomes and they keep multiplying, at least the sorta horse type do. I delete most of them and they just keep coming back.

post-12-0-14134400-1362092989_thumb.jpg

I have had few gnomes die and leave the following.

post-12-0-23563400-1362092990_thumb.jpg

Well, I'll be I only have had 1 gnome appear in my game. You have a regular tidal wave, Beck!

Oh Nonni I had a lot more but like I said I keep deleting them and each day there are more. I have to delete them because the horses can't more around with so many. The good part is they are usually worth $1,000 plus for each one I delete.

Oh my goodness, Beck! So many gnomes! Isn't that very annoying? I didn't realize you get money for them, though. And they even die? WOW! This game is so full of surprises!

Yes, it is a bit annoying, that's why I delete them every so often. When I delete them that give the Sims money. I deleted one of my gnomes that died and it was over $2000. I have been playing this family for as few weeks now.

Beck, I would also be annoyed with that many gnomes popping up in my game.

It is so odd how different our games can be.

It really amazes me how the game evolves for us all.

That is why I love the sharing of gaming experiences and pics.

I found this pic in a message from Beck.

It is too cute not to share and I know Beck is very busy.

Is the one in white holding an axe?

gnome010_zps883e93c0.jpg

I have one at my front door too, I'm not sure what that one is...maybe one that is getting old.  The witch was the one I was taking a shot of, I had not see her before, and happen to find her in on of the Sims Inventories.  I'm not sure where she came from,

I sent my Sims to Egypt along with all of the Unicorns and there were no gnomes on the lot, but after just one day I have 5 horse type of gnomes that just popped up.  I am thinking they may be something to do with the Unicorns, but I'm not sure.

I am playing Marbi's new house, 3613 Church Street with my Updated Self-Sim. Here is a little back story:

Nonni, Lady Adonirametha, returned to the home of her youthful marriage to Sir Miles Richard Aubrey-Wharton. She had recently buried her beloved husband of 43 years.

In their retirement, she and Miles had launched into an dream adventure of their early married life that had been postponed.

Life had other plans. First there was the joyous birth of their daughter, Mildred Margaret (namesake of Miles' mother) nickname, Milly.

That was quickly followed by the birth of a son, Theodore Rafe Aubrey-Wharton the Third, nickname, Teddy.

There were no more children due to complications during Teddy's birth.

Over the years, Miles and Nonni gave refuge to miscellaneous spinster aunts, destitute 2nd cousins and various other misfits of society.

The day came when all their charges had either launched or left for a variety of reason - death, marriage, etc.

They had given each of the family retainers a generous pension and a snug little home to call their own.

They began with a belated honeymoon in Paris followed by a stay in the Greek Isles. Their travels over the next 7 years took them far and wide. Unfortunately on the way to Japan, Sir Miles collapsed and never regained consciousness.

That is how she came to be once more in the lonely manor home. After a brief spell of self-pity, Nonni, took up the reins to restore her home to a place of joy and sanctuary.

The old home was not in the best part of town so Nonni, having inherited millions from her late husband, bought all the surrounding properties. She created a park like environment, a refuge in the middle of a slum.

Nonni001_zps94e463d2.jpg

She set work also learning all the things that Sir Miles formerly took care of for the estate. This picture is a bit of a composite, as you can see, Nonni's mood is improved by her happiness to be living in such a lovely home with a Beautiful Vista.

Nonni002_zps6ff3b2af.jpg

Ah-oh, looks like Nonni is testing her newly restocked bar. *hiccup*

Feeling quite mellow she staggers - I mean strolls over to listen to her new Besh Frien' play the newly tuned grand piano.

Nonni003_zps49521f85.jpg

What a lovely story! LOL Nonni you are an excellent storyteller! Who can believe the beautiful and prim lady Nonni can be a bit naughty too?  :cheesy:

Nonni I love your self sim - she is a stunning beauty  :Peek-A-Boo:

Nonni you are so good at telling stories.  Thank you for sharing!  I hope you tell us more of your selfsims story.

One draw backs of the TS3 is that the Sim you make in CAS looks different than the one in game. Of course, the self-sim is Highly Idealized.

This is more what I was aiming at:

TS3Nonni_zps34559c0c.jpg

It is still way too pretty. I have a lot more wrinkles. :slapLaugh:

It is much harder for me to manipulate the appearance of the sims in TS3.

Burnt hot dogs, ugh! Rhonda is expecting? She looks a little like Snow White to me, must be the hair.

So much fun, Marbi! Rhonda and Trigger are such a handsome couple. I would like to see their baby, I'm sure it's going to be a pretty child.

Very interesting to see. I don't have SIMs3 yet, I'm waiting to see what SIMs4 is going to be like first. There seems to be some sneek-peeks on youtube and the internet already and it looks phenominal. Thanks for sharing all the creativity :)

Oh,that's a pity, Marbi! I hope you get it working soon, Starting a new family is also fun, but one sort of get attached to the family you worked so hard on, isn't it?

Oh, dear! :Empathy: Marbi, how frustrating. I hope that you are not terrible discouraged. Take heart, dear lady.

I love the pics and stories.. the more I see the more I am sure I am bound to get sims3..lol

the realism seems to be far better, though I don't play as much as I design in game.

I look forward to seeing more!