• Announcements

• Rebecah

Registration   06/19/2016

If you are unable to login to the site please re-register.  Our member table had some issues and any member who has never posted in the forums or made comments was removed. There is no reason to register if you do not intend to participate in some way.   A membership is not required to read the forums or download the files. Thank you for your patience and I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused anyone.
    • Rebecah

Themes   06/19/2016

Members you are able to set your own theme preference.  At the bottom of the page, you should find an option that says "Theme" click the down arrow and select the theme of your choice. I have found that some themes are causing problems so I have removed several of them.  If there was one you really liked please let me know.
    • gayars

Tumblr   06/29/2016

We now have a Tumblr! If you are a Tumblr user, or just like to browse Tumblr for sims info, please join us at Affinity-Sims and keep up with all the latest downloads and announcements!
    • MaAlet

Memory Book for Nonni   08/07/2016

Nonni's family has graciously asked us to participate in a memory book. They would appreciate members of the Sims Community being a part of this very special book. Those who want to participate, post your messages here and your messages will be added to Nonni's Memory Book.
    • Rebecah

Downloads   08/12/2016

Downloads are now available.  I believe I have all of the files back online.
TheNinthWave

Love Your Enemies

3 posts in this topic

Not really a testimony, but sort of. I think the hardest pill to swallow of all of Jesus' teachings was to love your enemies and do kind to those who spitefully use you. Remember the definition of love by Paul in I Corninthians 13.

13 If I speak in the tongues of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

5 people like this

Thank you, Jon!

This is true,  it's not easy to love people who wronged us. It's impossible if we try to do that on our own. Only with the help of our heavenly Father can we achieve that. Only through Him can we overcome any evil.

4 people like this

Thank you, Jon, for this inspiring message.

This is true,  it's not easy to love people who wronged us. It's impossible if we try to do that on our own. Only with the help of our heavenly Father can we achieve that. Only through Him can we overcome any evil.

I have just now decided to 'test' my ability to forgive.

There was one person who hurt me, tormented me and damaged me to the core of my being.

As I scanned my memories of this person, I realized I carried no burden of malice.

I never set out to forgive this person.

God removed the corrosive weight of justifiable hatred and holds me upright. I celebrate my freedom.

Dear Naomi, I pray that your wounds are healed and any residue of painful anger is cleared from your  aspect. I agree with you that I shall never tire of reading or hearing God's Word.

3 people like this