UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Nonni

Gossip And Speculation

Note from Pierre:

i do not know if you heard the news but tsr as change to version 9 and now all downloads there are free including sims3 downloads that where once sub downloads me i think tsr must be preparing for the arrival of the sims4

Probably and also maybe people aren't that interested in paying for stuff anymore.

or maybe its because they had complaints from creators because of the booty hard to say

It's very annoying now...TSR. They have so many flashing ads, which gives me severe headaches If you have an Ad Blocker, they make you wait a long time before the download window pops up. The only way to get around that is to subscribe for the "low" price of $2.99 per month.

The downside for me is that I only play Sims2 and so much of their stuff requires meshes from sites that are now gone. But it is nice to see that they finally went free, but will their stuff for Sims4 be free?

That's a good question, Karen.

I'm sure it will take quite some time before there will be any cc for TS4 though. I might be wrong, but it seemed to be more difficult for people to mod TS3 compared to TS2...Maybe TS4 will be even harder.

I know next to nothing about creating a mod or meshing though...So maybe don't listen to me. :shocked:

I have been to TSR since the change...and it seems there is less stuff now. And there are missing meshes just like Karen stated.

I heard there was a lot of resentment over creators having their stuff sold without their consent on there before...I assumed maybe the change was their attempt to clean that mess up?

Apparently there is some speculation that the site went free because fewer and fewer people were going there. There are so many amazing blogs, facebook accounts and such that offer FREE content. Add to that, the official EA site that has CC, and the competition was probably more than the self-proclaimed "largest Sims 2 fan site" could compete with. What a lot of people may not know is that every single download from TSR contained a hidden tracker.

I did read that the Sims 4 CC from TSR will also be free. While TSR does have some very talented creators, much of their stuff would not be accepted at a lot of other fansites. I honestly believe that TSR succumbed to "quantity" rather than "quality" and that more than anything is what has led them to go free. The stiff competition from so many wonderful people probably made TSR sit up and take notice. Why buy, when you can get it for free?

I cannot create, and I am in awe of those who can. I am especially in awe of those who can and do produce so many items that are just beyond amazing. I cannot begin to understand the hours and hours of dedication that goes into creating.

The "FREE" stuff I have in my game, that captivates me and makes my gameplay so much more enjoyable--priceless.

This is in no way intended to be a slur against TSR. I have a great number of things from them that I am absolutely in love with. When they did their "Medieval Madness" theme, I was there, every single day, grabbing every single download.

I really think the interest in CC has just dropped so drastically they were forced to go free.  I've never found any type of tracker in TSR's files, people don't understand that .package types of files do not have that capability.  They don't run on their own, in other words they are not executable files, the game would have to have something written in it to allow this, which is a possibility, but I highly doubt it.    TSR does however, have advertisers that put trackers on your computer, through your web browsers, and at one time they had one putting a virus on your computer.  Even the downloads at MTS have dropped to almost nothing, compared to what they used to be.  EA destroyed the fun of creating with the release of Sims 3.   I think Sims 4 will be a total bomb.  TS3 is barely playable, and has so darn many bugs it's ridiculous.  I do believe TS2 will always be the best release they have ever had and ever will have.  

I do believe TS2 will always be the best release they have ever had and ever will have.

You are not alone in this conviction, Sunshine!

I think I will just stick to Sims 2. I keep toying with the idea of Sims 3, but I honestly think I would miss all this wonderful CC content that I have accumulated.

It truly boggles my mind, some of the things people can create for Sims 2. A lot of the sites that were out back then are now gone, that's sad. But I have found so many sites that are either relatively new, or I had no idea existed back then.

There is so much about the game that I have forgotten, and far more that I never knew. I used to build farms and use the animals from Sims Slice. I still build farms,but now I use Rebecah's farm animals. I like them much better. I always had a problem getting my Sim to have breakfast and then get to the car-pool on time. Now my Sims are more than self-sufficient which works better for me.

I have never played any other computer game, (solitaire doesn't count) don't have a X-box or play station, wouldn't be able to play those anyway. My hand-eye coordination is pitiful.

My hand-eye coordination is pitiful.

Even back in the day when I still had some hand-eye coordination, most games made me a nervous wreck.

I have never tried any of the other game platforms or whatever they are called. I watched friends play and was just helplessly confused. I never developed an interest in any other game besides the Sims. I tried a couple of on-line games, but I just couldn't keep up. :slapLaugh: Too old, I think.

And then there is Dave, he'll buy me any appliance I want, but he would never buy a game station. We had a trucking game, before he actually started trucking in real life. Once he got the job for real, the game was put away and hasn't seen the light of day since. I asked him why he never plays anymore and he said it was way more fun doing it for real than playing it on the computer. :grin:

Give the guy a smart-phone and he can figure it out and make it do things that I'll never understand, put him in front of the computer and he's all :police:

What a lot of people may not know is that every single download from TSR contained a hidden tracker

I did not know this, Mouse.  What are they tracking?  Just about all of my CC's are from TSR, then I got that dang "Inteenimater" that had my game so messed up, I stopped loading anything.  I even stopped going there as I knew I would see something I loved.  I have even got some 'Hair' that sent my game wacko, so forget that.  :shocked: 

This is a fallacy, there is no way for them to add a tracker to the package files.  They could tell what time a file was downloaded if someone uploads the exact same zip file they downloads from TSR but that's about it.