UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
NeverForsaken

What Do They Say?

I'm curious...What are some of the things your family members or friends have said about your playing The Sims?

Here are two of mine...

Husband- " Thank God you play The Sims, otherwise I would still be bumping into stuff you rearrange in our house all the time...Now you do it all in the game!"

Youngest daughter (when she was a teen and still at home)- She was looking at a Sim that I made of her older sister and said: " Oh my gosh Mom, that is soooo creepy! Please promise you will never make a Sim of me!!! ( This is a good example of a person with a case of the ' Uncanny valley' syndrome.)

* If you don't know what ' uncanny valley' means you can Google it...It's quite interesting!

So, what are some of yours?

I like to build farms. One day my hubby was watching...."If you can make their grass that green, then get off the computer and make ours that green."

:ROLF: :slapLaugh:That was good!...I will be very careful to not allow my husband to see the farm I made with a tractor downloaded from Rebecah here...since I will not go near our own little lawn tractor!

Thanks, Cheshirekat...

That sounds like something my husband would say too.

I have asked him if he wanted to try playing The Sims, but he is not too interested in it himself...he is just glad that I love it so much...though there are times when he hints around that he is being neglected because I am playing too much.

As long as my husband is allowed to share the computer with me and listen to his playlists on Spotify, he is happy. :)

Yesterday I was adding flowerbeds to a lot.....Dave was watching. "Why do your Sims get flowerbeds and we don't?"

My reply---"I can give them flowerbeds because this is inside! When you figure out a way for us to have flowerbeds inside the house, just let me know."

He stands there for a few minutes....he has no zinger of a come back. I then point out that we have 4 cats and a very hyper dog, all of whom would happily dig in flower pots. He went into the kitchen and made himself a coffee. I just couldn't resist and said to him..."Hey, you have a Keurig. My Sims don't."

I get no verbal response, just this "look".

Way back when the game first came out I was playing and somehow my Sim of Dave caught on fire and died. I had no idea that this could happen and it was quite traumatic. I picked up the phone, called Dave and in the midst of all my tears and crying, I managed to tell him I had just killed him. After a lot of confusion, because he kept insisting he was very much alive, he understood that it was my game I was talking about.

Oh don't you wish there was a mod to make pets stop doing that in real life!

I don't make Sims of my loved ones anymore because of that, and how I have lost Sims I got attached to because of glitches and such. I did make a self Sim for The Sims 3 for my avatar but I change her enough in game so as not to get too weirded out when she does something stupid...as they sometimes will do in game. I make my own share of dumb moves in real life...Lord knows!

My husband thinks this sims2 is somewhat silly.... I tell him it's cheaper than buying a new house, furniture, etc. 

He also stops by my pc to chuckle at the sims I'm creating. He'll say , " Soooo.... that lady sim wants a vampire with fit muscles.....okaaay..."   He gets "The Look" from me. He may as well start  :vacuumsm: , and do something useful !

Hi AchenarHaven,

Yep, my husband thinks it's quite silly too...but I have said the same thing, and there is no arguing with the truth!

Last night I showed him a room I decorated in the game, and he asked..."Why a white couch?" which is so funny because in RL I would love one, but with two dogs and a husband...NO WAY! Plus he hates white furniture.

He loves watching TV and I don't, so it gives me something to do while he watches TV....All's well that ends well, as they say! :up4:

When Dave is home I am not allowed to have the speakers on. The music is very annoying for him. Most of the time I have the speakers turned off now too. I have come to the conclusion that when you dream and the people in your dreams speak "Simlish" it is time to turn off the sound. :slapLaugh:

I don't like the music, I have replaced it with some lovely medieval instrumentals.  However, I usually mute music option but I never tire of my Sims talking.

Wait...you can change the music? How do you do that? (This is me.... :shocked:  I will need step by step instructions)

Seriously can I have Enya's CD's that I have actually play in the Sims? Oh oh....now I have a list....how many can you do?

I mute mine too. (Sims game) not dog, or hubby.

I do talk to my Sims...It is usually asking them "What are you doing?" or I can often be heard saying something to them like: "No...no...no! That is not what I wanted you to do..."Hey, where are you going?" or my favorite...

"Are you happy now? I told you to pay those bills!" :scare3: 

and last, but not least...

:spacecraft:  "Oh-Oh...Hope you don't come back pregnant again!"