UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Djs Wardrobe Wrangler (The Newest One)

Has anyone used this version yet? I am about to give it a try. :police:

I have made a "copy" of my old clothing files and am hoping to clean them up.

This could possibly have some hilarious results as I know some clothes I have are the mesh itself and I remember not liking the mesh, but liking the recolour of it.

And then there is the "Virgo" in me....all the clothing files are put in their proper sub-category. :ROLF:

I have a file for each stage, elder, adult, teen, child, toddler, and naturally each gender. Inside those files are the categories for everyday, athletic, formal, undies, swim, pj's, outerwear, yes I have done that... :blush:

I used to play on a regular PC, but it crashed so now I am playing on a laptop. I hope to get the PC fixed sometime after Christmas.

I rather doubt that the laptop can handle 15,000 clothing files.

:slapLaugh:  I know that is an awful lot of clothing files, but that also includes my Medieval clothes and my Victorian clothes as well as my "Normal" clothes. It depends on what mood I am in, as to what type of game I play.

I do have back-ups for each theme, so if I mess up, it won't be a total disaster.

So far.....a fence and a roof, 2 beards, in the clothing mesh files. *shakes head*

I do not ever remember seeing "incomplete something or other....body shop projects, some seem to be fixes for one thing or another

Lots of "Glasses" in clothing meshes... and I thought I was so organized.

What on earth is a "face preset"? Seem to have a few of those....

I am of the opinion that I just might have bitten off way more than I can chew.. :shocked:

I had a bit of a problem years ago...kinda had this addiction to downloading. (Not that I still have it now :slapLaugh:  )

I use WW to bin Hairs, add skin tones to Genetics, and Change clothing categories.

a "Face Preset" is a Sim in Body Shop or CAS. If you downloaded a character, (John Smith) then the face of Mr. Smith is a Preset

WW has a PDF tutorial available. Its about 20 Pages, heavily illustrated, and worth the time to look over.

:embarrassed:  Who or what is WW? (link please and thank you)

So I can safely delete the face presets? I'll save them in a separate folder. I'm pretty sure if I downloaded a character it was for my Medieval or Victorian theme. Other than I did download Elvis Presley :slapLaugh:

Thanks for your tips so far....I may pick your brain if I get stuck if that is ok.

:ROLF:  :blush: Oh my gosh....WW is inside the package....my bad!

I feel like you guys are talking in another language. I need input. What is a Wardrobe Wrangler?

It is this amazing tool that lets you categorize the clothing in your game. Sometimes creators make an outfit and then put it in every category, so you could wind up with a bathing suit as outerwear. That always annoyed me. There is so much more you can do with this tool, it's not just for clothing. As far as I have been able to learn today, it's for Body Shop itself. Glasses, hair etc. I am not very good at learning this stuff by myself, so this is going to be a long process.

I printed out the tutorial that comes with the program, my memory just can't retain like it used to.

I do find it so annoying to have clothing placed in every category. It makes for tedious slogging through the catalog and having so many repetitive files for every piece of clothing. I don't need a swimsuit in outerwear.

In my medieval game, I have no wealthy Sims, they might begin to become prosperous but no one is royal or wealthy yet.

The program tells you how to make townies change, but it also warns users not to do it unless you are backing up your game.

MTS2 has Medieval NPC replacements.

They did 2 themes....The Dark Project...and now I forget the other one, :blush:

All About Style has awesome Medieval clothing. (pretty much all of her files include the needed meshes) She has a section for historical undies...I just went into WW and made the undies for athletic as well.

http://www.all-about-style.com/index.html

I have  a gazillion Medieval files.....on my external hard drive. Back when I played Medieval there seemed to be a rash of creators making things for that theme.  Then it kinda died out. Now I have found a lot more creators making things I didn't have back then.

So....between WW and Delphy's download organizer my brain is exhausted. My clothing mesh file has ALL my meshes, from the Medieval to the Victorian to the Regular, and I can't figure out which is which. I've only managed to delete about 1500 files....safely.

I only found the Keep a few days ago...been on a download spree..  :slapLaugh: ( I am not an addict....oh who am I kidding :1doh1:  I am so seriously addicted to downloading.)

I think maybe I should join a recovery program... :) I have a serious addiction to downloading. I was up all night at The Keep, and I still have to go to The Medieval Smithy.

What happened at MTS2? They used to have a Victorian theme and it has disappeared....I do have the files on my external hard drive, fortunately.

I am saving all the new Medieval downloads I am getting because I think I need my other PC to be able to accommodate all these new stuffs. :slapLaugh:  Now all I need is to get that PC repaired.

I don't know if this laptop is good enough for all those files. I have a box of kleenex beside the laptop because I keep drooling at everything I am seeing.

Way back when....I downloaded anything and everything I could find for my Medieval hood. I didn't even care if I had to pay for an item, if I wanted it, I just got it.

Now I know about the "secret".... :slapLaugh:

I'm just a bit scared that I will fry this laptop and it is the only computer we have, that is working. I have 2 desktop PC's but both crashed and we haven't gotten around to getting them fixed yet. I think when we do our taxes, I may use some of that money to get my PC's repaired.

Then I will take pictures of my game, sometimes my Simmies just crack me up....my "self" Sim is such a bonehead. :ROLF:

I am looking forward to seeing piccies of your medieval play. I was doing a challenge and my computer crashed and I lost my 'hood. You can go here to see how far I got. It was so much fun.

Now I am doing a retro rustic 'hood, and being as careful as I can be to keep everything backed up. My son purchased a wonderful external hard drive for me and it does my backups so quickly.

I was there Nonni, I loved the stories. I have never done that, not sure if I would be any good at it.

I have 2 external hard drives, one is for me, the other one is for Dave. Mine is almost full....

Cheshirekat, it is not possible to get all the downloads in one night. You have to go here and there for mesh files. And then when you go to some site for the mesh....they have medieval downloads too.... :slapLaugh:  if this keeps up I may never get to play because all I will be doing is downloading.

Hello guys, when is the release for this update of the WW ??

or maybe im loosing something bcs i cant see any link for download it !!

Thanks!!

Do you remember I said that I could use your help? This is one of those things I need help with. Hope that you are feeling up to this very soon.

I found it to be very easy to understand. Everything I have as clothing has been properly sorted out and I now have no underwear as outerwear. :slapLaugh:

It does depend on how many clothing files you have. Since I am a self-admitted down-load-aholic, I had a lot of files :slapLaugh:

It did take me a few days to complete but it was worth it.

Once it's installed the procedure is very simple, you just click a couple of times and the item is now categorized the way YOU want it.

I never did understand why a bathing suit or underwear were put in every single category :shocked:

I don't know about all of you here, but I don't go shopping in either of those clothing's.

I know I rarely shop, but I would remember if I saw someone in the grocery store in a bathing suit or their underwear :o

I will admit to forgetting to change my slippers for shoes :oops:   :slapLaugh:

Back when I was still working, I forgot to change out of my slippers and wore them to work. I cannot help it if my slippers are so comfortable. :ROLF:

I might give the WW a look see again. Does it recognize all EP's & SP's thru Apartment Life? I actually use Simpe to make category changes as it also allows me to make adult clothing available for Young Adults and Elders.

I have every EP and SP installed and it worked for me.

I don't know how to do that in SimPE, and this program was really easy.

I didn't have to go back to his site and bombard him with questions at all. Not even one question.

When I can understand something that easily, to me it means anyone can. :ROLF:

just a question how do iacess an outfit if needed?

What I do, is put the outfit in a folder that I know where it is on desktop, for ease of access (although you can just load any folder you wish to) and then load that folder up in wardrobe wrangler, and then assign whatever it is I want to the stuff in that folder. For instance, if I download some neat looking jewelry that is categorized as accessories, I first extract them to their own folder on my desktop, then load that folder up in WW and assign them to jewelry, then I  move the folder or the stuff in the folder to my downloads afterward. Same thing with outfits, hair, whatever. If you already have the stuff in downloads and can locate it easily, then you can do it there as well. It doesn't care where the folder is, in other words, it recognizes it by type of package.