UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
NeverForsaken

Is It Just Me?

:confused22: Is it just me, or does anybody else get confused when they play both TS2 & TS3?

I finally have my computer up to snuff enough to have both games installed and am playing both for the first time ever!

I am building the same lot for both games, and I keep forgetting which content is in which game...I looked and looked for a certain piece of furniture in the one game...scrolling through the game's catalogue over and over...only to finally remember it was an item in the other game! :1doh1:

I also have to constantly retype in the cheats...since TS2 requires the word 'boolprop' in order to enter most cheats!

Another question...

Is there a way I can play TS2 on my laptop without having to use a mouse?...How do you make the camera scroll up and down without having a mouse...can't do this with the mousepad...Is there a hot-key or something for it?...I am getting so tired of lugging that mouse everywhere!

Oh dear....I don't have the Sims 3 :(  I was kinda wishing I did...but I get confused just playing  Sims 2. I'm playing on a laptop and I have no idea how to play without the mouse. I didn't think it was possible.

I don't know how in the world folks manage to play both games?!? Without a mouse!! You are way out of my league. I have a wireless mouse and I adore 'my little pretty'.

I will go in game and see if I can go 'mouse-less'.

Lisa, I found this by entering in Googlesearch: "HP Pavilion dv7 Synaptics touchpad won't scroll".

Try entering the model/type of laptop you have with 'touchpad won't scroll' and see if you can get an answer. It may be different from model to model.

Thanks, Nonnie,

I have a HP Pavilion g series...I haven't found the trick yet to scrolling without using a mouse. I re-arranged my desk and computer area so I can play comfortably in one place with mouse and cooling pad both...I tried every Google keyword I could think of...Thanks for your help I am going to google that now.

@Karen,

That game is not designed to play optimally with a laptop unless you have a very specific gaming machine with a dedicated graphics card (most lap tops only have a integrated chip..You can only play (well) in windowed mode (small screen) with lower settings. without frying your laptop over time.

If you invest in TS3 please research the requirements if you have a desk top PC...I had to upgrade my graphics card in order to play it on mine...It requires lots of RAM (memory) also, especially with expansions installed. That game is still very buggy and they are always patching it! If you have a good machine and/or are computer savvy or know somebody who is, then it would be a good game for you.

I don't use too much CC in that game because it can become too unstable (in my experience )though.  I have high hopes for TS4 as they say it will work better with most computers...I might give it a try.

~Blessings~ Lisa

:up4: I learned how to reset the synaptic pointing device and enable the mouse pad to scroll! (Apparently this is a common problem with the user interface not working properly to inform people that the scroll option must be reset on this computer.)

Thanks again Nonni. I will test this out in my game today.

@ Karen,

:embarrassed: I'm sorry...No, I didn't mean TS2...only TS3!

Because TS3 requires more graphic rendering in order to supply all the demands of the 3D game...(open neighborhood), ability to customize almost anything, and pixel shades...all require a better graphics. card..TS2 runs wonderfully on a laptop and of course the rules for any laptop is to keep it cool and keep it clean!

Didn't mean to scare you away from TS2...I have  been playing that on my laptop on highest graphics and for hours and hours , oh and with tons of CC without problems! 

:up4:

The keyboard is the hardest part. I just use compressed air  and a cotton swab. For the vents my husband uses his air compressor (careful to not allow the fan to blow too fast as that can damage it.

I use a solution bought at the electronic store for the screen and rest of it (but ou can make your own cleaning solution using one part rubbing alcohol to one part water.)

Here's a good instructional website:

http://www.ehow.com/how_2282741_clean-laptop.html

My biggest problem is with dog drool on my screen! If I'm on the computer too long, Buddy will get my attention usually by peeking around the screen at me.

post-13101-0-73645300-1386799205_thumb.j

My biggest problem is with dog drool on my screen! If I'm on the computer too long, Buddy will get my attention usually by peeking around the screen at me.

That was just too funny for me. The look on Buddy's face...too precious.

I have a dust-buster that I use on the keyboard. I also cover it up when not in use because of all the pet fur that flies around here.

4 cats + 1 dog = huge dust bunnies

That Buddy!  :icon_hug:  I think I am falling in love - however, I know it will be unrequited. :cry:

:image014-22: Oh... Buddy's a lover...Once he gets past his initial anxiety at meeting someone...It is all kisses and hugs (laying head on lap)!

He lives life as though everyone is here to love him...and he is  just fine with that.