UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
Mission Mouse

Medieval Game Play

Karen, cheshireKat is absolutely right about working some and coming back to it later. That works best for me, but it is sometimes difficult because I tend to be so impatient.

It's really difficult to try and build something on this laptop. I really need my desktop. I have way too many files that I just love and don't want to do without.

I can't do anything in game tomorrow. Dave will be home and he wants me to make him some butter tarts. The sneaky fella knows I have 3 different recipes and wants a batch of each recipe..... :slapLaugh:

I am so impressed with your sims!

I was wondering what to do to pass the time tonight, and I never thought of making some sims in bodyshop! Since Jeff forgot to bring my mouse I can't play the game, but don't need a mouse for body shop!  :1doh1:

I am checking out your profile first so I can visit your LJ.

I love that stove/fireplace in Kellie's Cottage. I think I have to do a download raid again. My poor downloadfolder  :hot:

I confess, I did it, already, Marbi. Should we thank Karen for bringing it to our attention?

...but, Karen...isn't everyone on Affinity (and the PBK site AND GOS, et al) down-load-aholics?  That's why each of the sites exist in the first place, I would think...

:grin:

I dunno....some of the people here may not be a seriously addicted as me :ROLF:

And to address my addiction, I present my latest find....

Screenshot_zps7015fe50.jpgsnapshot_00000001_00067beb_zpsef12a975.jsnapshot_00000001_e0067be1_zps5bbe5c38.j

I was reading at Plumb Bob's where someone wanted to create a zoo, so naturally I had to find the files and of course I HAD to download them.

But there were no pictures. No one seemed to know if there were zoos in Medieval times, but some seemed to think that rich people may have had some of these animals on their estates. They are all in the "decorative" section, under "sculptures".

Doofus me forgot what part of the Keep I found the files. :insane:

Now this fascinates me

20_zps224a192a.jpg

See that pig on a spit....I wanted that so bad. It's at Insim....somewhere.....but also at the Keep are other animals on spits. Now all I have to do is build the right kitchen. I haven't quite got the hang of placing the Niches and Hearths so they look like they are supposed to.

I tried to build a kitchen in a basement but I didn't like the way it turned out so I hauled out the bulldozer :slapLaugh:

I am going to try again later tonight, right now I am busy here and running back and forth to the patio doors. Jake can't make up his mind today...in or out. :1doh1:

I'm coming to this discussion very late, so sorry about the outdated comment:

Solfal's Medieval Counters:  I find these most excellent to mock up a medieval work table...as long as the "table" is only two tiles long.  Still, with the recolors available at the PBK and the overall look, it's my go-to kitchen worksurface for minor-to-moderate rich folks of the realm.  (If you want to use a sink on that counter, I find that you need to use Solfal's Country Sink for it to look decent, but that sink is a porcelain rectangle that doesn't look medieval.)  Your only other alternative for Solfal counters is to use the invisible recolors for Silent Lucidity's Shiftable OMSP 10 and place Sunni's wash basin on it, then jack the OMSP up one notch so that the basin looks like it's resting on the counter surface.

However, lifting the bowl sink up a bit can make the animations a bit off, but I could live with that...

I have this ting about the dining tables. I want mine to be three tiles long and three tiles wide. I like putting candles or flower arrangements on my tables. No one makes a table this dimension. If you use the move-objects on cheat, you can get a table the right size, but then you have a gazillion table legs and that just looks stupid and frustrates me. Buntah made a "any-size table, but there aren't enough recolours to match all the dining chairs I have.

My favourite table was made a long time ago, and I can't remember who made it, but it has a tablecloth with candles and a flower centerpiece, but the table is 1 X 2.

I love Sofal's medieval counters and wish I knew how to recolour things. I'd make so may recolours for those if I knew how. I have this barrel with water in in and then this pipe that goes up the wall, don't know where I got that from, but that's what I use for the sink. It's really close to being the right height for Sofal's counters. And there again, I would love if there was a third center piece for the table-counters for Sofal's set. Sometimes I wind up with having to use a the actual counter piece between the two table pieces because I counted wrong and have 3 spaces I need to fill.

I just realized, you haven't been to my LJ? I usually post it in my profile.

Kat, I cannot find the link to your LJ and I feel so gauche about this but I cannot find the other Sims that you have shared. Could you share here or send a PM, pretty please?

I guess I put too much hope into thinking that I could once again be a whiz with details and organizing like I used to be. I realize now that was a previous life I have to let go of. Some day I might even be able to let go without getting frustrated and angry that I'm doing a whole heck of a lot of letting go of things I thought I wanted.

Oh, dear Naomi...I have experienced much the same issues. It is hard to let go of who I thought I was. My abilities and skills were my identity. I have found other avenues and developed other priorities. However, I am never completely free of the sting of frustration.

I struggle with the loss of my identity as well. I loved my job and my job was my identity. I was never just Karen, I was Karen from the *insert name of employer here*.

So many times I answered my home phone using that :slapLaugh: mostly because I put in so many hours every day at that job. The day they called me to come and get my personal belongings... :cry: I can't tell you how humiliating it is to get a box given to you in front of all the customers by someone you don't even know. That was the last day I ever set foot in that bank and Dave and I transferred our accounts the very next day.

I get that they replaced me because it wasn't looking like I'd be back to work any time soon, but my personal belongings could have been given to me privately and by someone I knew.

It took me a really long time to get over that, but now it's fine. It's fine because now I am David's wife, and I like that identity so much better. :love: