UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
broomhilda61

Debuging Problems...please Really Need Help..

This is why I have problems with CC....finally learned how to do it now I am having problems with the either the game or my sims....ok..graduated a couple from college everything was fine...moved them into a house everything was fine...sent her off to town to buy clothes everything NOT fine...after clicking on the dresser it comes up with DEBUG-Outfit Data Test...can't get into the drawer to get any clothes...but this isn't the only problem...now neither one can leave the property to go to work...they can leave to go downtown but not to work...

thanks everyone that can help me out....

UPDATE: Well I am a loss for words...I figured I would get rid of all the clothes I downloaded right before this all happened and it did work for the debug-outfit data test on the dresser...but it didn't work for going to work...I just tried to send one of my sims to work in the helicopter and nothing wouldn't let him go so I tried sending him on foot wouldn't let him go but it would let him go downtown...now when I tried to sell the helicopter it said in use..

when this all first happened I moved this couple out of their house and bulldozed the house and move the new property and house somewhere else...figured it might be something in the house but nope...

as soon as I had moved these guys in a new house I sent her off downtown to get new clothes and that is when it all happened in both houses...this second house does not have any CC clothes in it...

this is going to really upset me if I have to do another factory restore because I can't get rid of all the downloads...but it isn't in all of the downloads just the recent ones which is the clothes...

this happened at around 5 am this morning my time and I had downloaded some clothes right before this happened....

thanks everyone that can help me out...

That is wierd, Hildi! I had a problem with my Sims kids not being able to go to school. They would change into their uniforms, walk our to the bus or car and then just stop. I tried different things but it was only after removing a gated fence across the front of the house that the Sim kids could go to school.

I hope someone will be able to assist you with this problem.

I had finally learned how to download the zip and rar files in the last week...everything was fine until around 5 am this morning my time that something went wrong not sure what..I went in and deleted all the clothes because those were the last things that I had downloaded mostly...after I got rid of the clothes I was able to get into the dresser but I still was not able to send my sim to work...I had him teleport from the room to outside of the fence by the edge of the property but he still wouldn't leave.. but he was still able to go downtown..

I do have all the patches..I have all EP's and SP's so I figured I was safe to download anything..guess not..

I am not a stupid person and don't like being treated like one...nobody on this site as done that but at another site that person has and now am in tears can't hardly see the screen...sorry

I can READ and I read everything before I download..I sometimes may not understand all that I read but I feel that if there had been any questions I would not have downloaded them...

I use boolprop testingcheatsenabled have been using that for the last 6 mo to a year...that is when I started learning the cheats and I use the moveobjects on to move the trash can to the back of the house..hate when the walkby knocks over the can..the mailbox stays in the same place I don't ever move that..

not sure what you mean by "default replacement clothing or mod"..they change into their work clothes

I had that happen to the kids as well until I realized that when the person who first moved into the house died nobody could get out of the house or the gates without me unlocking them and then relocking them

thanks Elder for all your help..

Broomhilda, do  you have Sims2Pack Clean Installer  (you can find it here)  You can scan your downloads with Sims2Pack Clean Installer. It will show you which downloads can give you problems, they will be highlighted in red.

Custom content can play havock with your game! I can't even remember how many times I had to take out the downloads folder and put stuff back one by one until I find the problem. That is really very time consuming and you need a lot of patience.

I think it's a good habit to scan everything you download in Clean Installer before you put it in your game.

I really hope you get your game fixed soon!  :1hug:

See where I have READ highlighted that how she had put it in her message to me...that person was saying that I should read before I download but the way it was sounding and the way she put it was like she was calling me stupid...she also had the nerve to put in a "pet peve" after me being on there for months and she never said anything before...all my life I have put these.......dots in anything I typed or written..for me it is a train of thought..I tend to type faster than my brain can think.....I have short term memory loss and PTSD so those dots are my thoughts catching up with my typing or writing..she just went off on me and basicly called me stupid..I am not a stupid person just sometimes do stupid things and and only have a 7th grade reading level even though I graduated from high school and am almost 53..I don't always understand or comprehend what I read....

No, he was at home at the computer she went downtown to buy some clothes...when she got back it all started going downhill...couldn't get into the dresser and he couldn't go to work...I did see if he was able to go downtown and he was able to but not to work...it was just the last 30 min of downloading that I did and then went back into the game that everything messed up...everthing was working find until that last 30 min of downloading...I over did it lol...

I did have the Sims2Pack Clean Installer..I think can't remember..may get it though...

Last night I did a factory restore on the computer and then put the games back in...have been only playing for a few hours now..talk about Sims2  drawls lol ...If you guys ever see me type anything about trying to put CC in my game give me a computer kick in the butt lol...I am going to put the Sim Blender, College Adjuster, and the Fix Hobby Friend in though...I can't find the Fix Hobby Friend..it is a napkin holder...can't remember where I got it before or who  told me about it...boy does that work...

It is ok you guys have been a big help...and I thank you both..

I too read everything before I download, but what I do now is a bit like cheshirekat. First I have a back-up folder elsewhere on my laptop, then I put one new download in a special folder in my downloads folder. Then I go in-game and see what it looks like and if it has any unwanted effects on my game. I have learned that something that will have an adverse effect on my game does not necessarily mean it will have an adverse effect on someone else's game.

If I have been on a download spree this takes me a long, long time, but as I said, I have learned to do this just to have my game function as it should. I add folders, one at a time and test each one. Sometimes I found that one particular download would make my game crash when combined with other new downloads. I have no idea why this happens, it just does.

The best thing I have learned is that here you can ask any question and there will be someone that will try and help you without making fun of you or being rude.

I had seperate folders..but didn't check each time I did the downloading..

I don't understand people..I didn't grow up that way and it is hard for me to except that people are rude and heartless...I have gotten to the point I don't leave my house...on the 3rd to pay bills on the 5th to buy food on the 3rd Sat to the food bank and every 3 months to the doc only get out then because I have to...now during the summer I do go over to one of my sons house for birthday parts but usually stay outside and stay away from everyone inside...very rarely do you find me out of the house any other day of the month..it is just safer to stay inside...but then when you are on the computer Oh my goodness...I even got rid of my facebook because of all the drama...there have been 4 sites that I will never go back to because of the people on there...all I have asked for is for help learning to download and learn the Sims2 better..but drama seems to follow me no matter where I am at..

thanks Karen for your help and support...

Well broomhilda, you are in good company. There are two of us that I know of that don't leave our homes unless it is absolutely necessary. Lisa and I both have agoraphobia. It's gotten so that I prefer my pets to the people around me. At least my pets won't hurt me.

No one here on this site will hurt you either, they are just not that kind of people.

I don't have a facebook or twitter or any of those kinds of sites, the entire world doesn't need to know my personal stuff.

As for help downloading....oh dear me...I confess, I am a download-aholic :embarrassed:

I used to play this game years ago and then had a horrific experience and quit the game and all the Sims2 sites I had joined. Recently I wanted to start playing again, and discovered I had forgotten most of what I had learned way back then. I have asked some pretty silly questions here and gotten amazing help.

The odd thing is that when I needed some help, this is the very first site that I came across. I do not believe that it was a coincidence.

I will let you in on my secret....I have a weird sense of humour and I am most definitely bonkers.. :insane:   :ROLF:

lol Karen your funny...

I went from hitch hiking 43 of the lower 48 states, Canada and Alaska from 1989 to 2009..it wasn't long after that I tried to settle down and found myself staying home more and more...I have a dog and she has kept me alive the last 4 yrs...since I moved back to Missouri from Arizona I found that my grandkids really need me and 2 of my kids are really messed up..didn't realize how bad it was till I came back...

Oh my goodness just looked at your pic you are from Canada...Oh my goodness when I went through there in 2004 I found that I just loved the Canadians... I had move fun with them in the week I was there than I had had in my entire life...I really miss those guys...so much fun... and laugh...sitting here smiling and remembering the fun we had..

I have a weird sense of humour as well...the only thing is people don't know what to do when I get that humour becasue most of the time I am a serious person..some people take it the wrong way until they get to know me...

well it is 1:30 am and if I get some sleep then I can watch the Super Bowl with one of my sons..

thanks Karen for your help and making me smile..

Wish me luck.

Dear Naomi, I wish you Isaiah 40:29 -31

29 He gives strength to the weary,

And to him who lacks might He increases power.

30 Though youths grow weary and tired,

And vigorous young men stumble badly,

31 Yet those who wait for the Lord

Will gain new strength;

They will mount up with wings like eagles,

They will run and not get tired,

They will walk and not become weary.

cheshireKat's testimony blessed my day.

Tell me, Hilda, how is the debugging issue is going? Are you still having problems? I do relate to many things you say and have put you in my prayers.

I do hope you can play and enjoy your game. We will be so glad to help if we can.

Oh Nonni kept getting a pop up about the graphic driver going out so looked up the one for HP and bought it and then called the company to get it put on but they were jerks...wanted to talk to a supervisor but they wouldn't give me one...called him every name in the book (sorry)...then hung up and went and cancelled to get my money back...will be 3-5 business days...then I got to thinking after I do a factory restore I go in an uninstall some things like the hp heath care and junk like that...so did another factory restore right before the game and didn't uninstall anything except Norton...they kept blocking my games in the past...haven't been on much because of the Super Bowl but I haven't had the pop up for the graphic driver so maybe I uninstalled something I wasn't supposed...maybe my games and the computer will work better...

thanks Nonni for your thoughts and prayers..

I used to help everyone and even on the computer people can see the sucker and stupidity on my forhead..everyone can see me coming a mile away...then I would listen to their story and would try and help as much as I can...but they just used me lied to me stole from me...I finally gave up on that...I tell peopl now I am not on this earth for a beauty contest or a popularity contest...I don't care anymore whether or not people like me or hate...I am who I am...I tell it like it is and if people don't like it they don't have to listen or talk to me...I used to care...sorry everyone...I just tell people I don't have a heart as long as I believe that I won't get hurt...

I will be back on the game tomorrow get it all set up...got them all back on the computer during the Super Bowl commercials lol...I can't do this factory restore again...I had 56 couples in college plus a few that were single...ones that were in the college bin plus 1,2 3rd generations..had worked with every family that was in houses plus everyone that was in the bin..some even died of old age...in Riverblossom...that was the furthest I had ever been...I just can't do this again...no more factory restores if I have to do that again I may just stop playing the game for a while...mmmmm...I don't know about that...haha..I get Sims2 with drawls when not playing...I think I will just sit back tonight and relax  and read a book...I love the series The Clan of the Cave Bear, Valley of the Horses, and can' remember the next 2 and then Shelters of Stone and the Last one is The Painted Caves...I was disappointed in the last one.., the John Grisham books, Harry Potter, The Hobbit series, and a few other series...

Some people will never learn..there will always be bullies no matter what...some will grow out of it but when one grows out of it then there will be at least 5 to take their place...in school I used to defend the ones that couldn't help themselves..I was bullied as well and didn't stand for it...after I graduated I went back 20 yrs later and found out a lot of people remember me even though I don't remember them and I asked them how do you know me...Oh my goodness..it was for fighting...or knowing me through my brother and sister...who was very popular..if they where teased then I would hunt down the person that did it and would beat them up...I had a bad temper in school lol...

Well I am out of here for the night...go read a good book...

thanks

cheshirekat, Nonni, Karen and MaAlet, for all your help and listening to an old woman vent lol...

UPDATE on this debugging...well after doing another factory restore and taking alll of my CC out of the game I have had no problems..no bugging going on, no sims stuck at home, everyone happy...sims and me :grin: played until 4 am this morning and then a couple of hours just now...went outside to get my trash can and fell..had to call my son to help me up and back to the house...I am not going back out..I do have to go out tomorrow get food but that all depends on my son if it will be safe for him to drive and me to walk on that ice and snow with his help..

going to take a nap now see how I feel then...have a great day...if any of you have to get out in this mess be very careful...

I lived in Arizona for 3-4 years boy do I miss Arizona...lived in New Mexico for a very short time...then I got a call saying my daughter might have cancer so came back here...I hate Missouri..but it was worse than cancer it was that Meth...she says she isn't on it anymore but there is no way she could just stop cold turkey after being on it for 13 yrs..anyway I am stuck here in Missouri and will probaby die here...have to be here for the kids and grandkids...

good luck with the learning...when you get some  done can you show me what all you made or at least some of it..I love looking at what others have done and reading the story line of their sims..that of course has been my downfall and that is why I tried downloading CC..

have a great nap cheshirekat

Broomhilda61, you can still add CC to your game. Just follow some guidelines.

1. Make a separate folder in your downloads folder, name it something like "NEW" ( :ROLF: that's so original, isn't it?)

2. Always use Clean Installer to add files to your game. I have a "NEW" folder on my desktop, all my new files get put in there first and then I use Clean Installer to transfer them to the *new* folder in my downloads folder.

3. Add ONE thing at a time and go in game to see how it works. Make sure if you need a mesh it is in that *NEW*  folder as well. By one thing at a time, I also mean that you can add a set of something, but always put the stuff in your *NEW* folder, in your downloads folder first.

I also use Clean Installer just before I go in-game to check for duplicates, just in case I goofed up, which I often do. :slapLaugh:

I have read all over the place that many people who use sub-folders in their game do it by the creator's name.

I'm a little bit more :shocked:  than that....I have to have everything in it's proper category. I use Delphy's Download Organizer quite a bit.

I have a build folder, a bodyshop folder and a furnishings folder. I also have separate folders for OSMP's and one for Game Mods.

Then I have a gazillion sub-folders in every main folder.... :ROLF: I can't help it, I'm a Virgo. :slapLaugh:

I do have Delphy's Download Organizer...I also have Sims2Pack Cleaner, FFS Debugger, CJH-FixHobbyFriends, Sim Blender, College Adjuster, Wind_CowHead_Interaction and Pheanah_Phonebook...these are the only things that I have kept...I have each of them in their own folders...Sims2 FFS Debugger Download folder, Sims2 CJH-FixHobbyFriends Download folder and so on..then I have those folders in 1 main folder...that is how I was doing everything else...

now on that Delphy's Download Organizer is that supposed to be on the desktop or in a folder in the game..it is showing up on the CC with all the other things...either way everything that you see here is all I have and everything is working great so far....been working with a couple of college students..I play Stella and Marla graduate them then after they get platinum I have them in the Guru job to work one day a week and then put the Newson kids in with them...I haven't tried playing them by themselves am so afraid they all may get taken away by the solical worker...am not that experienced in the game...I still have to pause the game when I have to think of what is next for these sims  to do...

I have to be organized as well..everything has it's place..I am not sure when it started but when I was hitching and found myself in shelters I had to put thing in a certain way so if anyone touched it or took it I would know but I know this started as a kid...my food labels have to be turned just right, now my freezer is another matter lol I can't find a thing there...am trying to find organizers for that as well..I am an Aries lol Oh my goodness just realized my 53rd birthday is next month...

I know I should try the CC again and just get one thing at a time but I just can't do another factory restore if I mess up and put that CC in the wrong place and can't find it or do something to the game...I worked so hard this last time to get where I was...I had 56 couples and a few singles in college, 1,2,3rd generations and had worked with every single sim in Riverblossom Hills and the ones in the Business District can't think of the name now...but I am just to afriad to right now...

Karen your last paragraph has me smiling...your organization would make me insane trying to find things.. lol :insane:  need my things a little more simple.. :grin:

thanks Karen for your help..

EDIT: Went back into the game and see that I was wrong..I don't have Delphy's Download Organizer in the CC..but it is in a folder in the downloads...is that where it is supposed to be or on my desktop..

thanks everyone for all your help

Delphy's download organizer should be on your desktop, not in your CC folder. It's actually a program, and they don't get installed in your downloads folder.

I think anything that is a program, that is designed to let you do things with your game, should be on your desktop.

Anything that is a game mod, that affects your actual game-play should be in your downloads folder.

:shocked: I hope I explained this properly.....it's 3:30am....I got up to go to the bathroom, Jake decided that he wanted to go outside so I came on here to kill time while I wait for Jake.

Thank you Karen, I went to bed at 9:00 pm and that is usually to early for me...got up at midnight and now it is 4:30 am...about ready to go back to bed...

Yes you explained it where I could understand it lol.. thanks again Karen...

EDIT: Ok well I  redid the Delphy's download Organizer on my desktop but I don't think I did it right...I followed her instructions but I am not sure..can someone take me simple step by step on how to put this in my files and then to my desktop please...

thanks in advance...

You have the file downloaded....then you extract it to your desktop.

You will then have a file folder on your desktop that says "Download Organizer.

Go inside the file and right click (I think) on the icon that says, "Download Organiser" and make a shortcut to your desktop.(You don't have to do this, I did because it was just easier for me to use the program.)

Don't take anything out of that folder, if you do, the program will not work. Don't move the folder to anywhere else, it has to stay on your desktop. I don't know why, but if you do move the folder to somewhere else, it will not work. I know...I tried it.... :slapLaugh:

Thanks Karen...

Ok did it over again...

1-Save to computer

2-right click and open containing folder

3-right click on that zip to desktop

with that it comes out with 7 things on my desktop

4-click on the one that has a MTS2 icon

5-that brings up a deal that says at the top; Delphy's Download Organizer v1.2 Build:3379 Rev: 27454

that also has a blank screen..at the top of that is has type  filename  tytle   description  catalog placement  install date      subfolder  size  polycount MDS and pID

below that it has search options  filter options

below that under search options it has search packages then a space to type something in and go

below that it has filename title description if you want to check any of those

below that it has show only broken bodyshop files and show orphans with check boxes for those

under filter options

it has download type and an arrow with a bunch of things under that next to that it has install date: with an arrow with a bunch of <> things like that..and a place to put a date

under that it has sub-folder:    regenerate list with an arrow but nothing under that

below that it says scanning packages....please wait...

Oh my goodness...there is no way I will be able to use this...no way at all...if I can't do a simple download or delete a simple download properly I will never ever be able to use this...

When you downloaded the file, it should have been a rar file. When you open the rar file you just extract the file to your desktop.

I'm going to re-download it and have a look.....BRB.....

Ok, back. I know what happened. You extracted everything in the folder to your desktop, that's why you have so many files.

"IMPORTANT: Once you have downloaded the .rar file, extract the entire contents in its own folder. Do not separate the files. Then double-click on the DownloadOrganizer.exe from this folder. Again, all files need to stay together in its own folder. If you want to put a shortcut on your desktop, right-click on DownloadOrganizer.exe and select "Send to Desktop (Create Shortcut)". You will get an error if you copy the .exe to your desktop. "

What Delphy means here is that you make a folder on your desktop, name it  "Download Organizer" and extract all the files in his rar file into that folder. Then you can go inside that folder on your desktop and get the desktop shortcut as he's instructed. You still have to keep the folder you made on your desktop though. You can't move it or remove anything from it or it won't work.

He's not very clear that you need to make your own folder and that it will not extract to it's own folder.

I hope this helps....sometimes my brain is missing bits and I get confused :shocked:

***I don't know how to take screenshots of my desktop. If someone could teach me then I could show broomhilda what I mean, it might be easier if she could see what I mean.****(I learn better if someone shows me, trying to learn by reading is really hard.)

I am one also Karen that has to see and be shown what to do...

ok got it on my desktop and all in a folder...it doesn't have a DownloadOrganizer.exe...all it has in there is

*Helpers file folder

*Languages file folder

*MaxisStuff file folder

*DownloadOrganiser Application

when I double click on that it comes up as Scan Folder Wizard

Choose Folder

The download organiser program as detected that is this the first time you are funning it, or have cleared its database...

to continue, it needs to scan your Sims2 Download folder, and then it can denerate the database for your files

then it has browser for folder select folder

below that it has click start to begin scanning and a start button

next on that list is

*gridextensions.dll application extensions

*log text document

*text boxwriter.dll application extensions

I know I am not ready for this at all...I am sorry I have wasted everyone time and the space on here that someone that really needs it could have used it..I will still come in and say hi I really like you guys...but this is all to much..I am afraid of messing the computer and my games up again..some of my EP's and SP's are just downloads no disks and it says I am not allowed to uninstall them without permission they are mine I paid for them so when I really mess up my game I have to do a factory restore because of those downloads...sucks...but Origin is not making anymore Sims2 Disks...

Thanks everyone for your help and support :1hug::Thank_you:

You know, Hilda, I have been so embarrassed by my ignorance many times but I have found there are some places that are "safer" than others. But sometimes my contrariness takes over and I persist in asking questions if I am that interested.

I have been wrangling with Delphy's Download Organizer for a couple of years. Every once in a while I will fire it up but then I get tired of it and ignore it for another few months.

We have room for you any time. We actually have a lot of memory storage room. Sometimes our active memory gets tired and I have to clean out our Games area. The Games is a very busy place and I love it. I just try to keep the threads under 20 pages because opening 20 pages can be stressing. Because I love company here at Affinity, I try to keep it 'swept and dusted'.  :smiley_laughing: 

thanks Nonni, when I get over whelmed I tend to start crying and then give up real easy...I may try it again later but for now I really need to back away..don't worry I won't forget you guys lol...will come in daily to click on the like button and say hi and see what everyone one else is doing...I like looking at peoples pics and read their stories some of them are soo funny..well tried to go to sleep an hr ago but that didn't happen...it is now 5 am and am wide away..well sort of lol..going to go play my Sims..