UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Mission Mouse

Yet Another Silly Question

I have decided that I need to organize my game because I can't find things.....so I am making collections. I have never done this before so I am really uncertain how this process works.

1. Where can you get tiny icons to make brand new collections?

2. After you get the collection completed, can you then still put those items in separate folders....eg--bed, coffee table, end table...etc?

3. Can you make the collection and then take out the folder the stuff is in to do a new collection of something else? (or will the collection get messed up?)

entirely off topic----will someone volunteer to go to my Dr appointment this afternoon? I really don't wanna go.... :Whistle:

I'm not so good at explaining, especially when it's not in my language, but I will try.

1. I suppose you are talking about the collection icons that are in the folder (down to the left) when you are in buy/build mode. I had my own folders there for kitchen stuff, bathroom stuff etc but that's gone after my crash so I have to make new ones. MTS has some collection icons here and here for that. 

2 I hope I got this right. Doing your own collection folders in the buy/build mode collecction folder doesn't change the original folder/s it only makes it easier to find stuff. If you have a folder for kitchen stuff with kitchen tables in it f ex, than you can also have a folder for only kitchen tables. You can have a folder with office stuff with office chairs in and also a folder with only chairs that includes office chairs. 

3, I don't understand this question so I hope someone else can answer.

So I found this but I couldn't get it to work properly. I tried and tried :1doh1:

However, all is not lost :366915: I learned something new, and I did it all by myself!! :55:

This is just too cool...at least I think it is. I wanted to organize some rooms and some other stuff and I found out that all I have to do is to take a picture of what it is I am organizing....for example: Parsimonius-Mataine Bedroom. k8-Mataine_zps2c55cf3e.jpg    I took a picture of the bedroom and then cropped it down to 25 X 25 and saved the picture in the folder for that bedroom. I did read enough to know that the picture size has to be 25 X 25. Then I took that picture and placed it into the "Icons" section of the collections folder. Then I put the folder containing all the items for that bedroom in my downloads folder, and made notes of what I needed to put in that collection. Then I went "in-game" and just clicked on "make a new collection",  named it Mataine (kinda obvious :slapLaugh: ). Then I went into each section that had what was part of that room and just clicked on it and added it to that collection.

:penguin03: It worked!! I know, shocking isn't it? :ROLF:

It does take a long time to do, but that's ok....I got nuttin but time here :slapLaugh:

I did go all over the net searching how to make icons and all the tutorials said you had to do it with SimPE and we all know just how much I adore :shocked:  having my brain bits asplode all over my living room. It's such a mess to clean up and the more times it happens, the less brain bits I have. :insane:

Not every creator makes a collection file which is why I wanted to learn how to do this, by the way.

Another reason I wanted to learn how to do this is because of that terrible affliction I have, being a down-load-aholic. I just can't remember what piece of furniture goes with what other piece of furniture. Curbing my addiction is out of the question. :ROLF:

Now I have learned something new  :366915: Thank you. I haven't thought of doing it like that but now I will because I struggle a lot of times finding furniture and other stuff that goes together when the creator haven't made a collection file.

I don't understand why all the tutorials said you could only do this with SimPE. I wasn't sure if what I did would work, but I have gone in and out of my game and the collections are working great. I'm kinda waiting for this to go all wonky.....what I did was just too easy.

I don't want to knock the places where I went for the tutorials, but going in and out of SimPE, and then in and out of Clean Installer....that was way too time consuming for me and far too confusing as well.

It won't work if your icon picture is not 25 X 25, that I did try because I was curious. Each icon picture that you add becomes the last one, so it's easy as well to make the collections and keep the right things in the right collection. BUT I am still doing it one icon and one collection at a time. I get distracted so easily and with Jake it's one thing after another. :shocked:

Awesome! Karen! Great work!

I will be praying for you regarding your Dr. appt. Keep us posted, OK?

:o  I have learned something new today! :up4:

I just reinstalled all my S2 files last week and noticed that I have too many wanderers so I will try this.

I hate how long it takes to sift through all the options...I usually end up getting so tired after putting together a whole house, and seldom spend any time playing the game! That's why I love to download other people's lots...I don't really enjoy building my own.

:Thank_you:

Lisa, I also spend so much time crafting lots and Sims that I have to just say "Stop!" to myself and play the ones I already have.

:embarrassed: My doctor said I was a bad girl..... :ROLF: I knew that was coming. :Whistle: I have to go for my blood work and I also have to go for X-Rays. My knee is on strike.

I did this collection thing because I just had too much stuff and then I wanted to have a Peasant Sim that was a bit of a drunk....I couldn't find the grape stomping bucket thing that makes wine. What I don't know is whether or not this will carry over to my desk top when I get it fixed.

I also learned something....stay away from CC lol :grin: ..and trying to do the collection files haha :ROLF:

:slapLaugh: ....I have a mission now....*must turn broomhilda61 into a downloadaholic* :slapLaugh:

Actually this is all kind of neat and it's fun....then again I am a bit :insane:

I know this is off of Sims2 wasn't sure where to put it..but am hoping it is ok..if not just delete it or I will..when I was just going into my yahoo mail..there was a deal I had to look at...sometimes you think there is nobody hurting like you..and you get into a pity mode but then you see something like this and realize that there are people worse off than you and you are not as bad off as you thought...I hope this like will help others to get of of pity mode...talking about myself...

It is on the yahoo.com home page.....well that link did not work...it was about a 27 yr old man who has stage 4 cancer and was leaving a good-bye message to his 7 mo daughter and living life to it's fullest...just got goose bumps...

I couldn't get the link to work. We all have down days from time to time. Coming here helps, I get to have fun and it takes my mind off my troubles.

Ryan from next door is home....his car stereo sounds like it's playing in my living room. BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!!!

And this is how old I am..... :ROLF:  :granny: doesn't he know he's gonna have hearing loss later on in his life? Can he even hear if something happens while he is driving? Can he hear sirens? :shocked: Oh my goodness! I'm turning into my father...... :o

I found out that I can get that new program to work. I don't know what happened, but the icon pictures that came with that program vanished..... :oops: somehow....

So I just got some pictures of the stuff I downloaded that I wanted to make into a collection, cropped them down to 25 X 25, stuck them in my Icons section, in the collections folder and now I can create new collections and they have a very, very tiny icon picture with the proper name.

I even got out my sewing magnifying glass to see the icon picture in game, but it wasn't much help. Old eyes suck. :huh:

Yep, I even got that program by DJS  to work.  :smiley_happy107: I have trouble staying focused and concentrating and I think that was part of the problem. I love this program. :389-Amours-love-: You can put all your items in one folder, even re-colours by different creators and you wind up with an awesome collection in-game. No more going through every single catalog section to find that matching piece of furniture that you just can't find.

That program doesn't have the capability of adding floors and walls to the collection folder for some reason, but then I usually use different walls and floors anyway.

you can go in-game and individually add the walls and floors if you want---I'm to lazy to scroll through my gazillion walls and floors. :slapLaugh: