UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
broomhilda61

Clean Neighborhoods

I really need a clean neighborhood...one without anyone in the bins...besides LJ and MTS where else can I find some...

the ones at LJ are soooo confusing but they are the clean hoods for the hoods that are already in the game I don't want to get rid of those..the ones at MTS I was able to download one but it had sims in the bin and the other one I was able to download it but it wasn't showing up in my game and it was a clean hood..I have asked those guys about them but so far nobody is answering..now I am wondering if anyone has clean hoods where did you get them if I may ask or if you made them yourself is there a way of getting it from you...

thanks everyone for your help in advance..

Are you asking for a neighborhood that does not use Maxis SC4 templates, lots or pre-made playable Sims?

I made one for my own pleasure and shared it here and there is a video of it here if you want a sneak peak.

It does not control NPCs and if you want it to look like the pictures you will need Sunni's Dirt Roads and Numenor's Maxis "Lost & Found" #9: Waterfall & River (neighborhood effect). Links are provided.

I love that neighborhood...that just might work...not sure about the Maxis SC4 templates or lots but didn't want any of the sims that are in the bin...wanted a neighborhood that I can add my own sims and not deal with all the ones that came with the game...I love playing them in Riverblossom Hills but wanted something different in another hood...

going to download it now will let you know how it goes...

thank you so much Nonni

Update: I got the hood downloaded but it has all the same sims in the bin..so I thought how do I get those sims out of there...I was taking a gamble and took the character folder out and put it on my desktop just in case I messed up lol...and it worked went back in and no sims in the bin...

Update: I went in and added the vacation, downtown, colleges, and business district and I still have sims in the bin...

thanks Nonni for your help

Well, I'll be! I did not know that, you are one smart cookie! I am considering trying BB again. It has been a while.

So you didn't know that there were sims in the bin??? Let me know if you can find a way of getting rid of the sims in the bin...someone over at MTS told me to delete the sims but I was told everywhere never to delete the sims out of the bin it would corrupt the game don't want to do that lol..

thanks Nonni for your help

I just thought of something..If I had gotten all the sims out of the bin before I added the vacation, college, and the business district I wonder if I should add those then go out and take the character folder out I wonder if it would take all the sims out then...going back to check this out will let you know what happens  :smiley: 

Nonni where are you lol...I did it :smiley_happy107: Happy Dance :penguin03: Happy Dance :penguin02: I am sooo proud of myself..It took me a while to get it all together but there are no sims in the bin or in the houses/dorms thats ok I can create my own sims now... :smiley:

That's ok Nonni you can call me anything you want...

I took the character folder out and put it on my desktop and made a folder for it for Beastie Bay this way if I try it again with another hood I don't get them mixed up lol...my luck I would :ROLF:

thank you Nonni for your help

Ok....so what does that do exactly? Does it get rid of all the annoying townies? Am I understanding this right, there are no generated Sims?

Do you still get the option of calling the maid or the gardener...

My brain is confused. :embarrassed:

Lass - If you are happy, I am happy.

Karen - From what I understand NPCs are generated by the game when there is an action that calls for them like calling for service like a maid or when mail delivery and paper delivery happen automatically. I have several hacks like: nodormieregen, nossrespawn, nostrayrespawn, notownieregen. Also, it seems that just about the time I think I understand...it becomes obvious that I don't. :cheesy:

Also,  

Adding a default subneighbourhood (universities U001-U003, downtown D001, or shopping district/bluewater B001) will add a great number of default townies and NPCs, as well as some playable Sims.

link to quote

I'm sorry girls I was so excited to get rid of the sims in the bin and wanted to tell you that I didn't go back in to see what all it did...I am headed there now and create a sim and put it in there to see what all will happen...it is very slow loading so give me some time to get in and check this out... :grin:

OK, I am such a doofus-magoofus! I have to apologize to you broomhilda and to celticlass for my befuzzledment over names.

lol your ok Nonni..

guess what...I created two sims and put them in the dorm to see how many bolts they would get 3 bolts...and to get them registered for college and guess what..the cook came in and then a sim walked in..so I took out all the sims that was in the bin/dorms/houses but townies are still there..haven't gotten to check yet on if you can call the maid or anything like that or if the hobby places would work...will be doing that later but just wanted to give you all an update...I am sooo proud of myself... :grin:

The cook or chef automatically appears in the dorm if the dorm has a Shiny Tyme stove. Chefs are totally unplayable as far as I know, if you don't want a chef get a different stove. I am proud of you, you are ahead of me.

...someone over at MTS told me to delete the sims but I was told everywhere never to delete the sims out of the bin it would corrupt the game don't want to do that lol..

Broomhilda, the first thing I did after re-installing the game, is delete the neighbourhoods I never play (like Veronaville ) and all the sims in the sims bin (except Cooke and Roseland), because I never use them  And I never had any problem with my game.

Wow, I read a lot of interesting stuff I've never heard about in this thread  :smiley_laughing:  Thank you for all the information, Ladies :)

I first had them in the dorm the cook and a sim went in..so if you play the dorms then there will be sims coming and going...then I put them in a house...now the paperboy didn't show up but the guy with the gift and the what do you call the one with the glass ball she showed up but no walkbys had them try the phone book and the only ones in there was the professors and a few others...didn't play very long got sleepy will be going back in to see what all else there is...hope the hobbies like Sue's Secret Kitchen is there...

MaAlet I know you can delete the neighborhoods ...I play all sims in Riverblossom Hills...so I really didn't want to play them again in this neighborhood...the other neighborhoods I really don't play..that is good to know that you are not having any problems after deleting sims from the bin...

After I play this neighborhood for a while to see what all goes on with the characters I was thinking of trying one of the game desert hoods and taking the character files out because I really wanted a desert hood for my Aliens...

oh ya you can call the maid..that is the only one I called so far..

I am getting better at this... :smiley_happy107:

I will keep everyone informed on how the game is doing... :smiley:

Update:   started getting walk bys, also the paper boy, mailman, maid and ninja, so it looks like so far so good..soon I will find out about the hobbies..

going for a nap.. :)

thanks everyone for your help...

Kat, I know you feel like you are losing skills and abilities and it will probably be no comfort to you that on your worst day... you are sharper than I am on my Best day.

Your links and tips are invaluable, this one in particular:

Avoiding Hood Corruption

http://simswiki.info...Hood_Corruption

:Thank_you:

thanks for the links...I don't mind the townies I can just ignore them if I want or use them for friends for work..what I really wanted was not to have the sims in the bin that every game neighborhood has...and I got that by taking out the character files..

oh btw I was hoping not to have that stupid cow in college but it showed up...I just stuck it in the corner of the lot with a fence around it lol...I do that with all the cows sometimes they live sometimes they die...

I don't delete the character flies I just put them in a folder with the name of the neighborhood on my desktop just in case it has to go back in...

I will check out these links

thanks everyone for all your help

I just glanced at the links...I am not ready to create a clean neighborhood that is for sure..why I decided to take out the character folder is beyond me lol...but I am happy with what I have so far...the sims that I created and put in college haven't even finished their first half of freshmen yr so still have a long way to see if anything bad happens...as for the corrupt links I have read those a ton of times to make sure I am not doing anything stupid..lol

thanks everyone..will keep you updated if anything bad happens and will keep the good to a minimum  :grin: 

2 new updates...

First I went into the Business District and good new was there was no sims but the businesses that were owned by some of the sims are still there with their names can't get into them...no problem will figure that out later...

Second I went into the templates and the Beastie Bay template was in there so I really want a desert town so I created a town using the Beastie Bay template and the games sims are in the bin...so it really didn't hurt the template by taking out the character files...but the waterfall isn't in there either..but that is ok as well it is a desert..

Still looking for a desert neighborhood that I can take the character files out of...I tried do that with the game neighborhood that is already desert but I can't find the character files for it...does anyone know where I can find them...I looked in the download, neighborhood, and terrain areas but not sure where to go when I get in there...

thanks everyone for all your help

WARNING:

I was just informed from meetme2theriver over at LJ that you should NEVER take the Character files out of the neighborhood it will corupt your game...so just ignore all that I have put up on these posts..

It took me a long time to study and understand the instructions for getting a clean 'hood.

To keep unwanted NPCs, Townies, Downtownies and Dormies you need to place these hacks in your Download folder Before beginning to create your new 'hood:

antiredundancy Prevents new NPCs from being generated.

notownieregen Prevents new Townies and Downtownies from being generated.

nossrespawn Prevents new Secret Society Members from being generated.

nostrayrespawn Prevents new Strays from being generated.

nodormierespawns Prevents new Dormies from being generated.

After those hacks are installed in your Download Folder, you may begin the installation of your new 'hood.

If you want to install Beastie Bay keep in mind it has 3 components:

1) First thing that you need to do is to place the BeastieBay.sc4 file into My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\SC4Terrains.

2) Next, you will need Sunni's Dirt and Grass Replacement roads and Numenor's Maxis "Lost & Found" #9: Waterfall & River (neighborhood effect) they have to go in your download folder.

3) Lastly, place the N165 file in your Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Neighborhoods folder

I just installed Beastie Bay again and there were No Sims in the Sim Bin.

It has always been a slow and painful process for me to understand written instructions. Lots of do-overs!

OH Nonni you are such a good person...thank you sooooo much...I don't mind the townies or dormies I don't use the dorms anyway except to hold sims until a house becomes available..then I put them in with the others so they don't have to pay the $18,000 then take the grads out..the townies and all of them are good for friends for work...

It is just the sims in the bin..I really didn't want to play those sims over and over again in each hood...just Riverblossom Hills...

I just got everyone in the neighborhood bin and college bin out and in houses and dorms...

I don't really understand the first part...does that take all townies and dormies out of the game??? Before I do this I really need to understand..

Thank you again Nonni...sorry I am being a pain when it comes to this game...I have trouble with understanding instructions as well..I am one of those people that have to be shown how to do something...I wish I had someone around here that could walk me though everything over my shoulder lol..

Hilda, I am trying to study these things but I have been really sick with tummy bug. It is hard to concentrate. Some of what I am studying is giving me a glimpse of answers for both of us.

that's ok Nonni just take your time no hurry...

I think I am coming down with it as well..tossed and turned all night, with cough, sneezing, feeling like I need to get sick and dizzy...

get to feeling better Nonni... :smiley:

I got worse - I could not believe the pain. Slept 3 hours, I am a shaky OK right now.

However, I really want to get this clean 'hood thing nailed down.