UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Nonni

Homesteading

Just so you know...I have no Sims in the bin. That is why I used the CAS to generate Maxis Sims.

Having more money is going to help. The starting season was the very last day of summer.

I hope dealing with this Challenge game will not sap your health during this coming time of chemo therapy. I was actually hoping that it would provide some distraction. Love you. :Empathy:

Just so you know...I have no Sims in the bin. That is why I used the CAS to generate Maxis Sims.

Having more money is going to help. The starting season was the very last day of summer.

I hope dealing with this Challenge game will not sap your health during this coming time of chemo therapy. I was actually hoping that it would provide some distraction. Love you. :Empathy:

It is great fun...and a good distraction for me since I find myself sittin on my tush for many hours each day lately! I love you too, my friend!   :icon_hug: 

NOPE no cheats and that was hard the first hour lol...I am going to have to write all of these rules down so I can keep looking at them to see what the rules are :slapLaugh: I don't see in there the brain farter can we change their aspiration...well off for now have to get something done in my own place lol

thank you everyone for this challenge this is going to be fun... :smiley:

NOPE no cheats and that was hard the first hour lol...I am going to have to write all of these rules down so I can keep looking at them to see what the rules are :slapLaugh: I don't see in there the brain farter can we change their aspiration...well off for now have to get something done in my own place lol

thank you everyone for this challenge this is going to be fun... :smiley:

Oh, I forgot about the brain farter...musta had a brain fart!  :ROLF:

I suppose it would be Ok...especially since the idea is for them to have children, and we don't need their aspirations plummeting and having the crazy doc showing up if all they wanna do is have woohoo with many other sims!! (If memory serves me right, the 'love' aspiration Sims will get depressed if they become pregnant?

I suppose any other aspiration will fit nicely with the challenge though.

i'm so glad you are having fun! I find i am always looking forward to playing because of this challenge...It takes away the boredom that comes sometimes after playing awhile!  :dancing smiley:

I am so relieved that my Sims don't have to be from the bins. I really wanted to do this Challenge. But there were no Sims in my Bin except that one Adult Female.

Some day I will get Sunni to help me uninstall and re-install my game. My vacation 'hoods are there but they are empty of buildings and Sims.

Nonni where is the link to that refrigerator please..

Oh forgot thank you Marbi and Lisa for the coat hanger and Lisa for the writing book

The last thing we wanna do is make this challenge too daunting and discourage folks from playing it and having fun! 

That is weird how your hoods are empty. I wonder if you could go into ea/sims2/neighborhoods... and find them there and just remove them? And then reinstall via the main hood again?

:sherlockholmes:   :hmm:

Nonni where is the link to that refrigerator please..

Pretty please?

That is weird how your hoods are empty. I wonder if you could go into ea/sims2/neighborhoods... and find them there and just remove them? And then reinstall via the main hood again?

I remember telling Sunni what I wanted a medieval game stripped of Townies, Downtownies, no Maxis lots, no Maxis playables at all. But recently I decided to move to mid-20th century (1950-1960) but when I regenerate my game most of the time I only have 2 Maxis' hoods. Of those only one hood has a Sim in the Sim bin. I got my vacation 'hoods back but they are empty of lots and any Sims.

Sunni and her husband really scrubbed the game for me. I gave them remote access to my computer and they handled the uninstall and reinstall. I don't know how to do it. She is eager to help me but we just can't seem to sync our times so that we are both well and awake. :grin:

first time double posting but I can't help it...guess what I found over at medievalsims..I found a honey bee hive and you can harvest the honey..that would be great for food...

I just started with a family (Picaso), built a house and they bought two goats. When Jesica tried to handle the goats the whole lot froze (so now I have to start all over again. I really want those goats so what should I do?

The hanging thing with dead birds didn't work as a fridge in my game. Don't know what I did wrong but it seems that I have to use an ordinary fridge. I have one that looks medieval (dark wood) so I hope that is OK.

Is it OK to have a small pond/lake on the lot to be able to fish for food?

I tried the cheat familyfunds to take away some of the money but it didn't work for me. Maybe I did something wrong, I don't know.

I couldn't even find the dead birds frig. so I must not have downloaded it right..will try again and let you know...yes you can have a pond on the lot for fish it is food...what I would do is put the extra money in your inventory and give it to someone as a gift...that is what I was going to do if I had to...where did you find the medieval refrigerator if this bird thing don't work I may get one..good luck Marbi

I found the bird thingy in appliances, where the fridge is. But I must be missing something it needed to work.

How do I put money in the inventory? Never done that ever.

I wish I could help y'all with your problems, I am mystified.

I am dreading bill paying day, my sims have only 9 simoleans left and I can't seem to generate any decent income.

I am dreading starting a new game because of the trouble with the goats, but I will give it a go.

Marbi, go buy a sculpture and put that in inventory and when you want to give it to someone just give as a gift...don't you dare give up Nonni, sell one or 2 of your animals or sell some butter or garden stuff or fish...I know you guys can make it...

If you are struggling with money...I am not sure it will  work but try it and see...ok take your lights, refrig and stove and put them in inventory morning of bills if you don't have anything that must be paid by a bill then they can't give you a bill...let me know if it works :grin:

Marbi, go buy a sculpture and put that in inventory and when you want to give it to someone just give as a gift...don't you dare give up Nonni, sell one or 2 of your animals or sell some butter or garden stuff or fish...I know you guys can make it...

If you are struggling with money...I am not sure it will  work but try it and see...ok take your lights, refrig and stove and put them in inventory morning of bills if you don't have anything that must be paid by a bill then they can't give you a bill...let me know if it works :grin:

Yes, that is a great idea and hopefully it will keep the repo guy from taking important stuff.

I have a suggestion about an employment mod that does not generate income but keeps Sims nagging about wanting a job:

Self-Employed and Happily Unemployed Careers

EP Compatible

Won't overwite any other careers

For adults, teens and elders.

Custom icons.

No chance cards (because they wouldn't work since Sims with these careers never actually go to work.)

One level, no promotions, demotions, etc.

What these careers do:

Give your business owning Sims a job as far as the game is concerned, but there are no hours, no pay, and no carpool will ever come. The point is that when you click on self-employed Sims' job info you'll see "Self-Employed" instead of "Unemployed" Also since the game will see them as having a job, they will no longer get those pesky job wants (because you know they already HAVE one, now the game will realize it too.)  

The Happily Unemployed Sim career is exactly the same as the Self-Employed career, except for the name and the icon. This is for housewife or retired Sims who don't WANT a job.

The only downside: Since the game reads these as a job where every day is a day off, every day you'll get the "Brandi has the day off today" pop up. Just close it and pretend it isn't there.  

When you give a Sim one of these careers you'll get a pop up that says the carpool will arrive at 2 pm, but it won't, ever.

These will appear in the regular job listings like any other career, or you can assign them with the Insimenator or Monique's computer, etc.

Enjoy!

Link!

The medieval fridge is here and it is working fine. Thank you for the tip on getting rid of some money, it worked. :)

I moved my family to the bin and then back to the lot and now it works (without animals at the moment). I will post some pics in the other thread.

I think I have missunderstood about the rules. I thought the simmies could choose between living in a tent or build a house. I built them a house and an outhouse for the toilet and bath. Is that totally wrong? (After seeing pics with freezing simmies I had to wonder about it.)

Wow, I'm way out of things! This challenge sound really interesting. I have to admit that I haven't read everything yet, but so far I have a few questions ( I hope I'm not annoying everybody because it's already answered questions )

1. I have the same question as Marbi ... with all that money available, they can build a real nice little house (just look at our Starter Challenge houses) Must they start our with a tent?

Any other cheats are OK

That is really generous! And make the challenge much easier. 

Argh, maybe I should  just read everything firsts.

Glad to have you join us, Alet!

Wow, I'm way out of things! This challenge sound really interesting. I have to admit that I haven't read everything yet, but so far I have a few questions ( I hope I'm not annoying everybody because it's already answered questions )

1. I have the same question as Marbi ... with all that money available, they can build a real nice little house (just look at our Starter Challenge houses) Must they start our with a tent?

That is really generous! And make the challenge much easier. 

Argh, maybe I should  just read everything firsts.

Funny, but that occured to me as well during gameplay last night...They are running through their money pretty quickly though just building the animal shelter and landscaping...But, you are right...I only had them stay in the tents while they planted and built everything...But I could have just built it all right away and depleted their savings, but I want to ensure they have a steady income from the farm first!

I must admit, I went a little overboard with a pond and landscapeing complete with a fishing dock on the second familie's lot!

They are down to under 100 simoleons, and the bills haven't arrived yet!

I am wondering if I could build a small shack/cabin for my Simmies who are Family Sims and just keep begging in their wants for a baby?

The children are sleeping in a tree house but it is so tiny I could only fit 2 single beds and a small bookcase and two chairs.

Sorry for the double post! 

I have some questions too :)

I am dreading starting a new game because of the trouble with the goats, but I will give it a go.

So glad you are not giving up! Can't you just get rid of those goats in your dwlds folder?

:police:

I am having trouble with the cookable fireplace (the one you have in your challenge picture...nothing happens when I click on it.)! Actually, none of the CC stoves work.

@Sam: I installed the waterfall shower (from here) and made sure I got the original mesh from MTS...but only the rocks show up...I cannot find the shower anywhere!

I am wondering if I could build a small shack/cabin for my Simmies who are Family Sims and just keep begging in their wants for a baby?

The children are sleeping in a tree house but it is so tiny I could only fit 2 single beds and a small bookcase and two chairs.

OMGosh, Nonni! Your challenge is becoming more challenging!

Are the parents still in a tent?

Can you sell the tent and delete the tree house and build anything for the whole family? Like a one room cabin?

Are they generating any income from livestock or laundry etc?

My Sims only stayed in the tent until I started storing away some milk and eggs and selling stuff...But the second family that I began last night are almost broke because I prettied up their lot too much too soon!

And I wanted them to be different from the first family and raise/breed large animals instead of the little ones. 

OK, that is wonderful that I can give them and their baby shelter. Yes, they are generating income and starting to prosper.