UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Nonni

Homesteading

No beds or bookshelf Nonni...or am I missing something as well...ok got to go read that rules again...

I am doing ok with my money on the Picaso's haven't yet taken the second family out of the bin yet...look what I have and what the Picaso's started out with money...4x4 lot and everything on it...even though my sims stay blue they are not complaining about cold or money or job...I keep them very busy ...

ok let me go look here in a bit and find that shower Lisa...found the shower it is Rebecah's doing..look though her creations...

You better get busy Alet lol this is fun :grin:

Nonni I am not understanding about that job thing..I thought we were supposed to have all income from the farm????

Lisa how do you get the eggs...I haven't figured that out yet

Thank you Marbi for the link bookmarked that :smiley:

The 'happily unemployed' mod just makes the Sim think it has a job but they don't and they don't ever go to work and they don't get money from it. It only keeps them from wanting a job.

Oh, dear, no bookcase, no beds! I reckon I will have to disqualify myself because they won't sleep on the floor unless they pass out. That is hard on their health and frame of mind -  especially infants and toddlers.

your ok Nonni lol :slapLaugh:  don't you dare leave...now I cheated a little bit I have a bookcase as well but I have hidden it behind the wall of the kitchen...this way they will stop asking for a bookcase...I also have the trash can back there put a fence behind it stupid walk by's kept kicking it over...I am sure a bed will be fine for the kids, toddlers, and babies...although the kids and toddlers will sleep on a dog bed lol...

Where is the link for that unemployment non job please lol :grin: it might be nice to have later but right now my sims are happy doing what they are doing...I love it...

I found it..maybe if I had looked all the way at the bottom I would have seen it lol :ROLF:

Oh No...There is no rule about having beds...and I think the bookcase is for logic...I was thinking skilling as in making stuff to sell like the sewing machine and easel...bookshelves are OK...Please forgive the misunderstanding and don't get rid of them!

Good idea for that employment mod, Nonni...It shoould keep them sane longer! 

No beds or bookshelf Nonni...or am I missing something as well...ok got to go read that rules again...

I am doing ok with my money on the Picaso's haven't yet taken the second family out of the bin yet...look what I have and what the Picaso's started out with money...4x4 lot and everything on it...even though my sims stay blue they are not complaining about cold or money or job...I keep them very busy ...

ok let me go look here in a bit and find that shower Lisa...found the shower it is Rebecah's doing..look though her creations...

You better get busy Alet lol this is fun :grin:

Nonni I am not understanding about that job thing..I thought we were supposed to have all income from the farm????

Lisa how do you get the eggs...I haven't figured that out yet

Thank you Marbi for the link bookmarked that :smiley:

The eggs come from Becks chickens, just make sure you have both a hen and rooster...Also, all her animals reproduce that way...and quickly!

I did download Beck's showe, and also the main mesh from MTS...but I cannot find it...I should just go recheck the details where beck uploaded it...  :1doh1:

lol I misunderstood...sorry...My family is still in the tent until winter then I will take that overhang I have and make that into a small 1 room shack until they have a baby...I hate for them to have a baby without being platinum...

I will look and see where that shower is...

ok the eggs..I was looking for eggs... :insane: I have a ton of chicks though...my horses and cows aren't reproducing I have to buy the calf and colt..I thought I had the goats but I guess I didn't I just got those...

Thanks LIsa

@Sam, Did you put the chicken perches on your farm? (they come with the chickens) That is when I noticed the eggs got laid .  :AF1ChickenKip003:

:Thank_you:  Nonni!

ya I put them out there but then I didn't go around looking I think they hatched because I have a dozen chicks running around now... :grin:

I got that shower Nonni but I love my waterfall..hope it don't freeze this winter :Whistle:

LOL! That would make sense! The eggs hatched.

i guess i was just lucky enough to see my chickens lay them right away.

Sorry for the double post! 

I have some questions too :)

So glad you are not giving up! Can't you just get rid of those goats in your dwlds folder?

:police:

I am having trouble with the cookable fireplace (the one you have in your challenge picture...nothing happens when I click on it.)! Actually, none of the CC stoves work.

@Sam: I installed the waterfall shower (from here) and made sure I got the original mesh from MTS...but only the rocks show up...I cannot find the shower anywhere!

The cookable fireplace and any stove only works if you have a fridge, or else you wont have anything to cook it seems. Maybe if you have fish or crop or whatever foodlike thing in you inventory, it will work. I haven't tried that.

I built a house with beds in right away, just hoping that would be OK.

I think the challenge will be keeping them with food because we are not supposed to stock the fridge by calling for delivery. Or am I wrong about that?

The cookable fireplace and any stove only works if you have a fridge, or else you wont have anything to cook it seems. Maybe if you have fish or crop or whatever foodlike thing in you inventory, it will work. I haven't tried that.

I built a house with beds in right away, just hoping that would be OK.

I think the challenge will be keeping them with food because we are not supposed to stock the fridge by calling for delivery. Or am I wrong about that?

Beds are OK...

You are right about the fridge...This will be a challenge!

I may have missed something, for the rules say that stoves and fridges are allowed (see page 1).

For outdoors I use those 'Hanging Dead Critters' it was very expensive, 600 simoleans! There is one for 50 simoleans but it doesn't work.

There are all kinds of rustic Kitchens at PBK.

I thought it would be nice to consolidate our references and links for Biblical, Medieval, Retro or Rustic custom content. We have so many helpful suggestions but they are spread throughout so many conversations and threads.

I have started a topic here just for listing links or references for Rustic game play. It is just for adding links or fun stuff for Rustic TS2 game-play.

Please add any link or reference you think would add to our enjoyment of rustic gaming.

Wow, I'm am really way behind! I hope I remember most of the rules. If I do something wrong, please tell me  :grin:

Than the Lord, it's cooler here this morning. I'm home alone, so I'm going to see if I can get going on the challenge :) Your enthusiasm is so catching! Thank you each and everyone of you  :1hug:

There is no timeline and I think the rules are sort of 'suggestions'. :cheesy:

Nonni I seen you had some bed mats or something like that instead of beds I can't find the link or the page I seen it on...

I found it thank you Nonni

I need a dresser where can I find one please ..thank you :smiley:

I may have missed something, for the rules say that stoves and fridges are allowed (see page 1).

For outdoors I use those 'Hanging Dead Critters' it was very expensive, 600 simoleans! There is one for 50 simoleans but it doesn't work.

There are all kinds of rustic Kitchens at PBK.

Stoves and fridges are allowed, Nonni. But once they are emptied of their contents that came with them, you cannot order more groceries...must fill them with homegrown foods.

Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with Mr. Humble's gift?

I still have the computer in the inventory. We can't use it yet...perhaps save it to give to future grand-kids?

I suppose I could sell it and then deduct the money from the family using familyfunds cheat.   :hmm:

I also noticed that many CC items are far cheaper than the maxis game items...So I have switched out a few items in my game since downloading some of these CC...This gave me more funds for the family.

There really is no way to level the playing field when it comes to having so many different priced items available...But if you use only maxis items, this is gonna be harder for you!  :blank2: 

Actually, I have been selling the computer to help them survive the first couple of days.

There is something I am starting to feel rather guilty about...My Simmies have been making so much money selling paintings, and, like, who is buying them?

Actually, I have been selling the computer to help them survive the first couple of days.

There is something I am starting to feel rather guilty about...My Simmies have been making so much money selling paintings, and, like, who is buying them?

This challenge is fun without worry or guilt about all this stuff...But  :hmm: I don't know who is buying up your paintings...  :laugh1:

Oh, that was so fun :grin: I have also been selling paintings and what about the wool and milk and other stuff. Who is bying it? :confused22:  I must say that I am happy that someone is or my simmies wouldn't make it :hot: , but I haven't sold the computer yet it is still in the inventory.

I have a question about what we are supposed to do when the children starts to go to school. Is it OK to let them go with the bus? If they stay at home they will be sent away, isn't it so?

Mmm good question, Marbi! I think the school bus will probably allowed. Inge has a mod for home schooling (flexi school), but I've never used it. Nonni would probably know more about that :)

I have a question about what we are supposed to do when the children starts to go to school. Is it OK to let them go with the bus? If they stay at home they will be sent away, isn't it so?

We really have no choice about the school bus...As Alet said, the children have to go.

It's the same for when the firetruck or police car show up, it's not realistic to the story-line, but without a completely modded game, It's just the way it is.

I just use that time for Mom and Dad time.   :blush:

I am releived. Now I can go on playing because both of the children are just one day before next birthday and starting school.