UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Nonni

Homesteading

MaAlet, I have used the Flexi School mod.

You can have the children stay home without penalty or get into Private School.

Dave is right. No penalties. Plus I use the children to do chores to boost the family labor force. They can fish, pull weeds, collect eggs and they earn badge points. Later when things are not so desperate for survival I let them study more, paint and other such things that give them skills and fun. I think school is fine if you prefer to do that or don't want to be bothered with adding another mod to your game.

That sounds like a great idea...It would sure help to keep the kids home to help around the house.

Time to open up the mod file again...!  Homeschooling is truer to the story lines...   :granny:  :searching smiley: 

I am not much for using mods in my game so my kids will have to go to school. :grin:

MaAlet, I have used the Flexi School mod.

You can have the children stay home without penalty or get into Private School.

That's great! Thank you, Dave!  (Are you going to join the challenge?  :Whistle: )

I really have a problem with getting the two families to socialize. Any suggestions, anybody? Please  :undecided:

I actually have a sub neighborhood of "Low Tech" Wood Elves. :out_on_limb:

I've been following this topic for ideas.

Perhaps I'll post the tribe some day (add to Idea notebook :azn:)

I am also having troubles with the socializing part. So please help with ideas. Now the kids are almost teenagers and I'm not sure what to do. Shell I let them go to college? It would male it eaiser for them to meet someone but there is still the problem with contacting/inviting/visiting people without a phone.

I'm looking forward to that story Dave. Hopefully you will make it come true.

Alet both of my families haven't met either and without a phone how do you get them to meet???

Not sure about the home schooling I would probably have the kids fail big time lol...will have to wait on that no kids in either family lol..

:embarrassed:  Please forgive me for making that phone rule...After playing TS3 for so long, I forgot about how important the phone is for TS2!

Here is a good substitute for the phone for the challenge...I will also include it in the CC list forum that Nonni started.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/200370

There is nothing to forgive, Lisa.

In the game the neighbors from other families are constantly strolling by. You have to have them greet their neighbors and become acquaintances. The phone won't do any good unless they know each other as acquaintances first.

Also, you can give one of the children a Lemonade Stand and have them sell lemonade. People will come and buy lemonade. It is a great way to 'meet and greet'.

But mostly you have to catch them as they stroll by the lot you are presently playing.

So that means no phone :1doh1:  oh no...so far both families have not even walked by each others place...I have never played the lemonade stand but I guess if I have to I will lol... :grin:

I understood Lisa to say that phones are allowed now. I was just saying how I got my Sims to meet.

I was worried about that...give me a heart attack lol...

Have another quesiton???

Self-Employed and Happily Unemployed Careers on these how do we get them these...though the paper or the phone or what... thank you in advance :smiley:

I understood Lisa to say that phones are allowed now. I was just saying how I got my Sims to meet.

Yes, the phones are needed, otherwise even after you meet neighbors, there's no way to invite them over or anything without it....Not like in the Sims 3 where you can just go over to their house to visit. I'm sure as we continue playing the challenge, we will come across more things that must be included/excluded in the rules...This game has so many neat things in it...For instance, supernaturals may come along from time to time, even though it doesn't seem to fit with the theme...go with it and see what happens with your story lines!  :insane:

Has anyone had the werewolf/wolf show up yet?

I did, but worried about the theme so didn't interact with him. :1doh1:  ..It could get interesting to add some weird things to the challenge?

If your Sim wants to stargaze with the telescope (they are low tech so should still work)...An alien abduction can still happen!

Have fun...That's the main rule here!  :up4:

Also, you can give one of the children a Lemonade Stand and have them sell lemonade. People will come and buy lemonade. It is a great way to 'meet and greet'.

Excellent idea, Nonni!   :up4: 

I found a very old telescope somewhere I have it downloaded but wasn't sure if we could use it...oh I have a few surprises in my head if we can use it lol...going to have fun with this if it works :smiley: Thank you Lisa :)

oh ya I found the way to give them that non job have to use the sim blender

I am not a big fan of my male sims getting pregnant. I found a very low-tech telescope that only lets female Sims get pregnant if anyone is interested.

If you want nicer looking offspring from alien encounters there are also some Pollination Tech replacements. I do not like ghosts, witches (I call them fairies), or vampires. I do occasionally play with Plantsims and Servos.

EDIT:

The mod I use actually allows Male or Female or Both impregnation. I chose Female only.

what low tech telescope Nonni it maybe the same one I have..

well I am off of here in a bit hear thunder and see lightening in the distance and it is black as a chalkboard out there see you all tomorrow...have a great night and be careful if you are in these storms...

UPDATE: Storms bypassed us lightening all around us...Columbia which is 25 miles East of us got hit pretty hard even had a Tornado warning and watches not sure if any hit I went to bed about that time...more storms today but unless that lightening gets close I am not getting out of my game lol...

I love alians but I also have trouble with the male getting pregnant so I think I wont have that telescope in my game. The dog with glowing eyes has visited but I didn't interact with it at that time. My sims have interacted with other sims walking by but they seem to never come back so the phone will be helpful.

My sims have interacted with other sims walking by but they seem to never come back so the phone will be helpful.

I had such a surprise in my game with sims that actually did come back visiting! That changed my whole story line! LOL

But I agree, the phone will be useful. And that telescope too, Nonni!

Perhaps I'll post the tribe some day (add to Idea notebook  :azn:)

Looking forward to see that, Dave!

Thanks, Nonni for the link to that telescope...I am not a fan of male impregnation either...I find it very disturbing, but I enjoy the element of surprise by an...

:spacecraft:   !

Sam, I misunderstood your question about Careers. I used the Sim Manipulator to give them a Career, it is similar to the Inseminator and the Sim Blender.