UA-38832503-1 Jump to content
  • Announcements

• Rebecah

Private Messages   11/10/2017

I have finally restored most of the private messages in a separate database.   Click Here and log in.  You should be able to find your messages.  That is all I have there for now.  Most images and files should be available..now.   You must open this message to use the link.
    • Rebecah

We are still here! :)   11/13/2017

It looks like all our hard work paid off, as we were not shut down yesterday.  Thank so much for all your help!
Nonni

Homesteading

Yes,but when I first tried, I haven't any CC and any saved games.

I just installed BV,and when I wanted to install Teen style stuff (which is made later than BV) it won't let me.

Eh,anyway I'll don't try to soon because:

-I want to get a better computer

-I want to get a better video card, the one we have on the computer is 64MB,Nvidia Geforce 4

After you've installed Base Game, it doesn't really matter in which order you install the other EPs and SPs I found

I wish I knew how to help you, Stefy. :Empathy:

I have some earth shaking news!!!

My game is cleaned up and I can start Homesteading again. Sorry, but I have to start from scratch.

This time around I will play without free will off unless I am setting up a screenshot.

I'm not sure about this but....I had trouble too and it turned out I needed to install the patches. I was under the impression that each new expansion pack came with the patch for the previous one but apparently that may not be true.

Both Pescado and Delphy said to patch each and every expansion pack. I saved all the patches and as I install the games I patch before I install the next expansion.

I got my game to run....kinda....I can go into build mode and build, but when I try and go into "live" mode, the game freezes. It turns out I have too much CC for this laptop and I absolutely cannot play with no CC.

Either I play with CC for body shop or CC with objects, but not both. I can wait for my desktop.....even if it is making me :insane:

Right now I am just surfing the net trying to appease my download addiction. This time I am being smarter, when I find something I like, I save the picture as the name I want to use in the collection folder and I also rename the file to that same name.

ADDICTION ???--I have 180 collections....and counting. :ROLF:  Before you all think I need an intervention, some collections only have 3 or 4 items. :slapLaugh:

I haven't checked my downloads folder in a long time so I did that now and it is small. I used to have 6 GB with CC on my PC that crashed and that was the limit Anything more than that and the game would crash and it was very slow to start the game, it took at least 20 minutes. I then got rid of some CC and had about 4,5 GB and that was better.

On the PC I have now it is only about 4 GB (16,840 files) of CC and I don't download all I want, I try to think about if I really will use the stuff or not. That is hard :cheesy:

I wish I had that self control. I'm like that cat that spies something shiney....then I'm like mesmerized and the downloading addiction takes over.

My eyes get big and that feeling---GOTTA HAVE THAT---and I'm done for. :Whistle:

Karen, I was like you when I just discovered the meaning of CC. :grin:

I had once 1000 CC files. :slapLaugh:

Now I have self control (learned my lesson-game crashed once because of bad CC).I think I have up to 500-600 CC files for Sims 2, and 0 files for Sims 3. :smiley:

It has been along while since I visited my simmies in the Homestead Challenge. I have been building houses and this last week I participated in a contest at BPS. Not sure how that will end. :)

Abandoned Factory - June and Rick

June and Rick are living a quiet life at the abandoned factory. After having made a meal for them, June sits down at the table and discuss the aliens with Rick. She thinks they have to get going on doing something about this threat. Rick wasn't satisfied with the meal so he made some more.

cda3c9ee-b827-4864-afb5-3eda37591563_zps4b3701f5-4d1a-4e7d-b817-a5c9c72c112c_zps0019d9c6-e3fc-4f62-b674-b3a71cdfd027_zps

Rick goes out to get some fish to fill the fridge so that they will not go without food when the winter comes. Meanwhile, June's sister comes to visit. June has not visited the farm since she came home from the study camp so her sister thought it was time to see how she does.

17f8b315-c3b5-4679-92b6-2b0db7b263c1_zps26f24497-c123-4cc8-99f8-8f9d083a0241_zps

Both June and Rick works hard. June found a machine that can manufacture medicine and now she tries to make it work. Rick is working on the car, and finally, it is ready to take out for a spin. He just need to find some fuel first.

914314dc-de1f-4b9d-ad4b-4d5a66b8e868_zpsb3d99a20-84b7-452a-90ba-6b60c4aea196_zps

1d424424-9376-48fb-9855-afb50d50138d_zps

The couple have heard somewhere that dogs are good at discover aliens, so they were thinking of adopting a dog from the animal shelter. When they finally decided they adopted two dogs. An old dog who could do the service directly and a little puppy that they would train.

e45bcf90-ecdf-4849-aa04-f5069d0ea718_zpsce420700-6e0d-4e1e-b05a-867c9e0425e7_zps

Rick tried to become friends with the older dog but it was not easy. At night the dog dug holes all over the yard, the whole day the dog was sleeping on the roadside. One day the dog ran away and it is still gone.

42d218a3-f198-4d60-96b2-8a0cd53e23e3_zpsd519b398-951a-468a-914b-b75f014bbdb6_zps8b83123d-93f0-45e7-89ab-589331447cb3_zps

Is there a way to get the dog back? The pic is still on the control panel.

That is a good question, Marbi. Have you tried commanding the dog to come eat?

I have gone crazy. These pics were ment for my homesteading story. I don't know how I ended up putting them here.  :oops:  :1doh1::shocked::insane:

I will try that, Nonni.

You are not crazy, you are just busy and have a lot of different things on your mind. Now we will just have double the fun with your Homestead update.